Themeparkluuunies' Halloween Trip 2015 [Vlogs and TR]

Started by Tomdbruijn, November 03, 2015, 11:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomdbruijn

Hello everyone!

This October, me (Tom) and my girlfriend (Eef) went to visit Disneyland Resort Paris! We were superexcited for the Halloween event! We decided on staying from 16-19 October, on which not many rides were closed! Follow our adventures from day to day here:

[Video] DAY 1
https://www.youtube.com/embed/WDi6FMUrz78

[Video] DAY 2 (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_T5jdwf648

[Video] DAY 2 (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjSk41CzN4c

[Video] DAY 3 (Part 1)
https://youtu.be/ccEeU-vUBdg

[Video] DAY 3 (Part 2)
https://youtu.be/DXj-Rl0qzPI

[Video] DAY 4
https://youtu.be/vg9h_s9-Ou0

[Video] Compilation
https://youtu.be/7RjHct0rKR8

[Report] DAY 1: Travelling, Disneyland Parc and Disney Village
So off we went. After a full night's sleep (cough cough), we woke up at four o'clock and left about half an hour later by car. It would be about an eight our drive from our homes to Disney. We stayed out of any major taffic jams, even passed Antwerp without a single traffic jam! We arrived around one in the afternoon, which was two hours before our check in at Sejours et Affairs. So we decided to have a look in the parks :).

In the car!

Almost there, we're almost there!

We'd never been through the parking-entrance before, so that was pretty exciting! When we arrived the parking lot looked quite empty, but hey, you never ever know! So we walked all the bloody way to the entrance, without the moving walkways it's quite a long walk.

The view from walking from the parking lot to the entrance

After sadly not hearing any "Welcome" we entered the park! It looked amazing, apart from the construction on Main Street Station. We heared music coming from Main Street, and yes, the Halloween parade just started! We went to watch the parade for a bit and then headed through the arcade to Big Thunder Mountain. This had to be the biggest surprise of the entire trip! A TEN MINUTE WAIT FOR BTM!? We were like WHAT! Is it that quiet? The only time I saw a "10" on the entrance of Big Thunder Mountain was with an extra zero behind it.

Look at the decorations!

So after waiting a little we were on BTM, and boy it was cold! But it was well worth it :). After that we rode Phantom Manor and had lunch in Fuente del Oro! The fajitas were delicious!

Mandatory photo-moment :)

Everybody say: FA - JI - TAS

I believed we had our first ride EVER on Space Mountain after that magnificent lunch. The wait was also very short. We kinda disliked how it looked from the inside. The steampunk outside promises much more than just plain black walls with some pictures on them. We were kinda baffled by the ride itself, I really liked it (we got to like it even more the next day!).

A look around a quiet Discoveryland in the middle of the day!

Then it was time to check-in to our apartment-hotel-room-kind of thing. The rooms in Sejours and Affaires are small apartments, with a kitchen, bathroom and small living room with a bed. You could see the rooms were a little old, but it was all quite clean and it looked good. The people at the reception were also really nice and put a lot of effort into helping you out. We heard the hotel will get a complete overhaul next year, so it will be worth going back. Plus it was really cheap and close. Only a ten minute drive from the parking lot of Disneyland!

So after chilling out, doing some shopping in the HUGE Auchan supermarket and have a look around, we went back to the parks. We wanted to go and eat something a bit early, so we could make the most of the evening. We went to Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost to get a pizza! We both got the menu with the Pizza Royale, with Fanta, garlic bread and some fruit. We also got some tiramisu as a nice treat. There's just one negative thing about this all and that is the sweet tomato sauce. Pleaseeeee make this less sweet and you got the perfect pizzaaaa :).

We then went for a ride on Pirates which also head a short queue. After our Caribbean Cruise, we headed into the jungle to ride Indiana Jones' ride! I believe we did a quick ride on Phantom Manor and then went to watch Disney Dreams from our favourite quiet spot :). We loved it to pieces and had some litttttle tears.

Indiana Jones is the coolest by night!

After Dreams we went to the Disney Village. We never took the time to take a stroll round the Disney Village the last time we were here, so it was all new for us! We first visited World of Disney, which was huge, but not really that special in my opinion. The other stores were nicer and more specific shops, we loved the Lego and Disney-art shop! We spent quite some time walking around and then headed back to the car. Ugh, one more thing, please clear the exit of the "safe-zone" from illegal people selling Eiffel Towers. It ruines the athmosphere.

This is me, feeling happier than ever before :p

So Day 1 was absolutely great! More on the other days next week :).

Watch the latest video of ThemeparkLuunies here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnJyWIIwIXi7vVt3vLRo7Mg

Zee79

Tomdbruijn

Hello everyone!

This October, me (Tom) and my girlfriend (Eef) went to visit Disneyland Resort Paris! We were superexcited for the halloween event! We decided on staying from 16-19 October, on which not many rides were closed! Follow our adventures from day to day here:

[Video] DAY 2 (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_T5jdwf648

[Video] DAY 2 (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjSk41CzN4c

[Report] DAY 2: Extra Magic Hours and Studios!
So after a lovely sleep, we woke up quite early for day 2! Today we wanted to do the Extra Magic Hours, which we can enter with our Annual Passes. We made some croque monsieurs, ate them and we were off to the parks. Luckily, it was only a very short drive (compared to last summer, when we had to take the RER for like 45 minutes to get to Disney) :). We put the car in the first parking-lane and took the moving pathways towards the entrance. It was kinda foggy outside, but hey, that's the best weather for the Halloween-mood!

Spoooooooky!

We were in the parks at about 8:45, so the lines for the characters were already massive. We decided to skip meeting any characters and go to Peter Pan instead. Peter Pan is a ride on which we do not really want to waste any Fastpasses and we do not really fancy queueing 40 minutes for it, so the EMH provide the best solution for that :). I have to admit that Peter Pan looked better than I remembered, but still, it's so freaking dark in there! After Peter Pan we decided to go and try Orbitron, since this was one of the few rides we hadn't done before! And yes, the line was like five minutes, way better than in the afternoon. We thought Orbitron was the best of all the Dumbo-kind-of-rides in the two parks. It's so much faster and goes so much higher than the others. The only downside we found is the size of the rockets, my leg got squished!

Beautiful Orbitron :)

We came out of Orbitron and the line for Buzz was kinda short, so we decided to give that a spin (hehe, punny). We love these interactive shooter rides! Last trip we went on Buzz several times and I had always won up to this day. But this time Eef kicked my ass and won with a huge difference in points!

Me getting my ass kicked

It was almost time to open up the park for the regular visitors, so we decided to go back to the hub. Man, the regular visitors look so angry at you when you go back into the hub from the EMH-areas. We wanted to grab a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain (as we always do in the morning), so we headed for the quiet spot to enter Frontierland (near the entrance of the Liberty Arcade). This has to be the best spot to get into Frontierland, cause almost nobody knows about this pathway!

We love the arcades!

After waiting for about ten minutes, we could enter Frontierland with about ten to fifteen other people. Loads better than the stampede in front of the main Frontierland-gate. We grabbed a Fastpass for 10:30-11:00 and headed to Indiana Jones. Since everybody stupidly gets in line for BTM, Indiana Jones is always very quiet in the morning. We could practically walk onto the ride! But something odd was going on, there was a PotC castmember working on Indy, in full PotC clothes as well. This looked so strange, but also kind of funny!

Indy's Adventure :)

Indiana Jones is, surprisingly, one of our favourites in the Disneyland Parc (we rode so many times during the summer). It's always such a herky and jerky ride. We love the way the coaster looks kind of unstable, cause that really adds to the adventure! So last summer, part of the Adventure Isle area was closed, including the giant suspension bridge. Now it was back open! We climbed the stairs and enjoyed the view you got from the suspension bridge. It's very cool that you can see some of the rides appear just above the treeline.

Adventure Isle!

It was almost 10:30, so we went back to BTM and got in the Fastpass line. We didn't get another Fastpass, cause we wanted to use it on Star Tours (which also gets a huge line during the day). We got on the wildest ride in the wilderness  really quickly and enjoyed it to pieces (again)! We had a look around the shops and the Halloween decorations and then went to Discoveryland!

Look at that detail!

In Discoveryland we got Fastpass for Star Tours, we had to wait like 30/45 minutes for it to activate. We did another 'ride' we didn't get to do last time, explore the Nautilus! We were curious as to what we would find inside, but it looked quite good. We liked the bit where the KRAKEN attacked us, AH! It's nothing too exciting, but hey, it's something different.

Space Mountain looks amazing :)

After exploring the Nautilus we went to have look inside Videopolis, which was also not open last time. We decided to have lunch there and watch the Jedi Academy show later that day (oh boy, did we make a mistake!). It was finally time to do Star Tours, we love that ride! With the Fastpass we got on with very little to no wait (I believe we skipped another 40 minute wait there). We were sat in the front row and headed to Endor! We would love to see the upgrade of the ride, cause I think a randomizer will increase the repeatability of this ride. Anyhow we loved it!

Eve with Eef!

We walked all the way back to Frontierland to get another Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain (hey, we love that ride!). Another place we hadn't been before, was the Pocahontas Village (I believe that's what it's called) and we wanted to have a look around. On our way to Pocahontas Village, we waved at Merida, who was just going on a break. After that Eef hurt her butt on one of the kids' slides, which was hilarious :p. You get really nice views of BTM from the playground by the way.

Lovely views!

When walking back to Discoveryland to see the Jedi Acadamy show, we encountered Goofy and Pluto with almost no wait! We hugged them and took this very lovely photo with them:

Hey pals!

So after that short detour, it was really time to go to Videopolis for the Jedi Academy show. Or, maybe not. We got distracted again, this time by a band that was playing in Main Street. We hung around for a little while. They played several Disney songs in a very jazzy way, we loved it! They even played Friends On The Other Side, which is my personal favourite!

Jazz band!

Yes boys and girls, now it was really time to grab some food in Videopolis and watch the Jedi Academy show. But we weren't prepared for the amount of people with the same idea! We queued for about twenty minutes to get overly expensive fries, chickennuggets and a drink. We also missed the show, so we we're kinda bummed about that. We will not be eating there ever again, the food wasn't that special :(.

Artoooooo!

Something that did cheer us up, was the fact that we still had a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain waiting for us. So we headed back to Frontierland and did BTM, again! We love that ride so much! It really is the wildest ride in the wilderness! We decided to grab another Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain, which was in like two or three hours. In the meantime Disneyland Parc had become quite crowded, so we decided to get the hell outta there and decided to hit the Studios for the first time that trip! We finally understood why they put in the indoor Hollywood-entrance, cause it was so pleasant being inside for a while.

Hello ToT, my old friend!

Another thing we'd never done before was Animagique and we were really curious what it would be. We had to wait for about ten minutes to enter the huge show-building and after picking our seats we waited some more for the show to start. We really liked the concept of the show, but we expected a longer show! We really enjoyed it nevertheless, it's so nice to do something you've never done before.

Animal joke? NO! Animagique!

We then headed to our favourite flat-ride in the Studios, Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (like that right?)! It had no wait. We love to do this out of control flat-ride, it always feels like you're going to crash into each other! We had seen that Ratatouille and Toy Story Playland were quite busy, so we decided to save that for tonight. Later I'll tell you why! Hmm, what to do? We first got a Fastpass for Rock N Rollercoaster and then we walked to The Tower of Terror and saw that it had a fifteen minute wait, which isn't too bad! Into the Tower Hotel it is.

Spooky hotel ey?

The Tower of Terror is my favourite ride in WDS; the story, the theming, the feel, everything builds up to that moment you get into that service elevator and drop down! It's just so good! With an adrenaline rush giving us renewed energy we headed to Rock N Rollercoaster (to get some more adrenaline pumping ;)). We had little time left until our Fastpass would become invalid, so we hurried! Now Rock N Rollercoaster is not the prettiest ride from the outside and might not be the most thoroughly themed coaster, but the music combined with the lights and the coaster make it an absolute beauty. It is so much better than the Dutch version in Walibi Holland (which is the same coaster but outside). When we got out, we were all awake and ready to head back to Disneyland Parc. We said goodbye to the Studios for now and headed out.Before using our Fastpass for BTM, we quickly got an ice cream at Fantasia Gelati, which sells the best ice cream!

Mmmmmm, ice cream

My favourite is the Banana Stracciatella, mmmmmm, so good :D. It is quite expensive if you buy just one scoop, so make sure to get three, to get the most value. They will even split the scoops into separate cups. This will save you money if you have children :). So after finishing our delicious snackkk, we headed to BTM once more. I promise you, this is the last time today! We got on the ride within the blink of an eye (Fastpass yeah!) and headed out to roam the caverns for gold. Luckily we made it back!

I just love all the details hidden around BTM!

After working this hard in the mine, we needed some food. We headed to Hakuna Matata to get the Kebab-menu with Hakuna Fries, cause man, that is freaking delicious! We sat in the left room, which has this amazing chandelier.

Competing for most beautiful chandelier in Disneyland.

With full tummies we left Hakuna Matata, ready for an action packed evening! We came across Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin and had a look inside. It was much less crowded than during the summer, so we finally had some time to have a look at all the miniatures.

Magical lamp?

From one miniature ride, to the other. It was time for the out-of-the-park section of the park and to do Le pays de Contes de Fee! We like to see all the miniatures and the details put into it. This ride obviously needs some love, the models are still quite nice, but cleaning is necessary and maybe redoing some of the painting would be good as well. While we were there, we also did Casey Junior, like Pays de Contes de Fee, with no wait. We sat in the back facing backwards, and even though the coaster doesn't go that fast, it does sometimes surprises you when facing backwards. It also offers a nice view around that part of Fantasyland!

Obligatory selfie time!

It was half past six when we got out of Casey Junior, the Studios would be open till 9, so we used our trick we learned last time. Going to the Studios after seven will give you the privilege to do rides with little to no wait! It is so quiet in the Studios in the evening, of course rides like Ratatouille and Crush still have quite long waits. But other rides like ToT and RNR have almost no lines! To kick off our evening we did The Flying Carpets Over Agrabah for the first time ever. We were just in time, cause the ride was about to close (it closes at 19h). We actually had to run to get in, eek! The carpets were a lot bigger than the rockets from Orbitron, so that is better. Still it doesn't go as fast as Orbitron ;). It's nice that the Genie is saying all sorts of stuff like it's an actual film set :).

After that we wanted to have one more ride on Cars, but it just got closed as well. Which was sad, but hey, not the end of the world. With the wait for Ratatouille being still too long, we decided to do the Tower of Terror twice in a row! The last one was actually in English instead of French, we asked for that :). I think the English version is a lot better, cause you can really follow the story; the last few sentences always give me shivers.

We love strolling round the stores as well :)

Now that our tummies had turned into milkshakes, it was time to do Rock N Rollercoaster once more, again with no wait. We then proceeded to go out of the park, but I peeked at the wait times just before we headed out and saw that Ratatouille only had a 25 minute wait! We just headed there instead.

Beautiful Place de Rémy

Place de Rémy is really at its most beautiful at night! We got on in about 20 minutes I believe, so a little faster than expected. We enjoyed it as much as we could, cause this could be the only time we ride this one (it was the only time!). The 3D is so well done, I am still amazed by the gigantic screens and the scenery throughout the ride!

3D selfie!?

We realised that there was just one ride that we never did before in the Studios, which was the Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop. The wait was always too long and we didn't really bother, but since it was quiet in the Studios, we decided to do this last ride. Up and down we went, but man, I'm glad we never waited for this, it wasn't that spectacular. It just wasn't high enough to see anything (well not anything amazing, you could see the backstage area of Ratatouille). This was a bit of let-down, we were glad we didn't have to wait :). And back to Disneyland Parc it is! We switched parks for the fourth time that day and it would be our last switch of the day. The Studios were now closed and we had a lovely evening, we love evenings in WDS! It had started raining during the evening, so crowds were quite low and we decided to get some Churros from Fuente Del Oro. Unfortunately, it was closed :(. Instead of being sad, we went to fight alongside Buzz against Zurg! Eef won again, unbelievable, I don't know how she did it!

Not again!

By the way, Discoveryland looks fabulous by night. We love all the neon lights and with all the rain, it reflected really pretty on the surface. Another day in Disneyland had passed and we went to watch Dreams from Discoveryland. The places weren't as good as our usual places, but hey, we didn't bother walking all the way around.  At the end we were soaked from all the rain and went back to the hotel :), all wet and tired but with a wonderful feeling. :)
Watch the latest video of ThemeparkLuunies here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnJyWIIwIXi7vVt3vLRo7Mg

Lavi

cjebs

how did you manage to get fastpasses for the studio rides before your BTM had expired? i thought you had to wait until the last fastpass issued time had expired before you can get  a new one?

Tomdbruijn

Quote from: cjebs on November 19, 2015, 03:59:46 PM
how did you manage to get fastpasses for the studio rides before your BTM had expired? i thought you had to wait until the last fastpass issued time had expired before you can get  a new one?

This is because the Fastpass systems of the Studios and Disneyland Parc are somehow not connected to each other (or something)! Anyways, this enables you to hold a Fastpass for the Studios and Disneyland Parc at the same time :).

Quote from: Lavi on November 18, 2015, 10:43:12 PM
Great trip report, thank you for writing it!

Thanks for the compliment, more days will follow!

Lavi

There is another aspect: recently DLP changed its FP system: on each fast pass ticket they print the earlier time you are allowed to get a new fast pass and it is earlier then the current' s fast pass expiration time. We also took advantage of this on our last visit.

Tomdbruijn

Hello everyone!

This October, me (Tom) and my girlfriend (Eef) went to visit Disneyland Resort Paris! We were superexcited for the halloween event! We decided on staying from 16-19 October, on which not many rides were closed! Follow our adventures from day to day here:

[Video] DAY 3 (Part 1)
https://youtu.be/ccEeU-vUBdg

[Report] DAY 3: Another Magical Busy Disney Day! (Part 1)
We woke up after a wonderful sleep! After having breakfast with some lovely croque monsieurs (these are our favourites!) we went off to the parks a little later than the day before. We got in the car and within a blink of the eye we were parked on the Disneyland parking. It was a little busier than the day before, but we were a little later as well! The weather was still quite cloudy though, but it wasn't that cold. To wake up, we chose to ride the wildest ride in the galaxy, Space Mountain! Now I've heard people saying that Space Mountain is too rough. Yes it's not a smooth, Swiss B&M, I have to admit, but in my opinion the ride is quite doable when looking at roughness. I do believe that adding the new Vekoma trains will seriously reduce the headaches people get. We asked if we could sit all the way in the front and man, what a ride! It is so much more fun and it makes your eyes teary because of the wind!

La beautiful Space Mountain in the morning!

The EMH were almost over at this point, so we went to the hub and sat down on a bench to eat a cookie. Just before ten o'clock, we went to the Adventure Land entrance and quickly walked to get a Fastpass for BTM (wow, we're so predictable!). But this time Fastpasses started at 12:30, so that was a little bummer (way too long before we could get a new one!).

Eef chillin on the camel in Adventureland!

We headed for Indy Jones to have a ride on his wild, wild ride! We love our shaky rides in the morning to give us a shot of adrenaline. This remains one heck of a herky-jerky ride, but we enjoyed it anyways! The line was short and it is always advisable to do this ride early in the morning or late in the evening, don't mind getting a Fastpass for this one. 

Indy's herky-jerky wild ride!

After that we wanted to see what the wait time for PotC was, we hadn't done Pirates that much because of the long lines (probably due to It's a Small World being closed). When we got there we saw a big crowd of people standing outside, so either the line was really long or the ride was broken. This last thing seemed to be the case, which meant we decided to move on and go to Fantasyland.In Fantasyland we visited the dragon that lives beneath the castle. We still don't exactly know which dragon this has to represent, does anyone know? This is one of those hidden gems that not everyone gets to see and it looks so cool! The dragon awakes everyone now and then, and he looks really furious and breathes smoke. We love walking through all the hidden and extended areas that DLP has to offer, like Adventure Isle.

The entrance of the cave with an even scarier creature in front of it!

So after that it was about time for another ride! There was one ride left in the Disneyland Parc which we hadn't ever done, this was the Carrousel. The carrousel looks great from the outside and the horses are all richly decorated. We got in the really short line and were on the ride within ten minutes. I got the beautiful blue horse on the outside! We got on the horses and noticed that a seatbelt was hanging off of the horse. While thinking "Do we really need this?" we put on the seatbelt and of course each and every seatbelt needed to be checked. This takes a really long time and now the really ironic part comes. This carrousel has to got to be the slowest thing ever, like I was literally bored. The horses also barely moved (slightly up and down). I've ridden some other carrousels (like in the Efteling and Phantasialand) which move way faster that don't use a seatbelt and are perfectly safe (plus I really enjoy riding these carrousels). Of course I understand that the horses are located quite high on the pole so children can fall off. Why don't they place the horses lower and put a little platform beside the horses and just forget about the seatbelt. All in all, not a very good ride, but it does look nice :) (one of the few that I really didn't enjoy).

Eef on her horse!

The horses are decorated really well!

We had some leftover time before our Fastpass, so we went for a snack at Fuente del Oro. Eef loves the Churros they sell there and somehow we hadn't been able to get any Churros up to now, so she was 'dying' to have them. Luckily the place was open and we didn't have to wait too long to get the Churros we were looking for. This also meant it didn't take too long before they were in our tummies, YUM!

CHURROSSSSSS!

This meant that we still had some time to spend, so we just walked around Adventureland and stumbled upon the meet and greet with Rafiki! There was literally no line (which was strange because the park was packed!), so we got in line. It was great meeting Rafiki, we took some pictures and got on our way to work in the mine.

Our picture with Rafiki :)

We were one of the first to get into the Fastpass line and we kinda had to mix in with the normal line, cause the second station wasn't yet Fastpass-exclusive. It all went well and we were on within no time. It was another wild ride and we enjoyed as always! We put our shovels and lights back on the shelve and went to get another Fastpass for BTM.

Yes we did!

We noticed that the Fastpass-machines were acting up, so a long line formed for the Fastpasses. Some people didn't get their Fastpasses from the machine and some of them were already closed. Eef also didn't immediately get hers, but when she tried on another machine, two came out! The other one was probably still stuck in the machine and Eef's Fatpass pushed it out! We now had three Fastpasses for BTM which were in like four hours or more. We had some time to spend in the Disneyland Parc before our Fastpasses, but it was incredibly crowded. Lines were quite long, so we decided to just go to the Studios. We could still get a Fastpass there and we hoped the queue-gods would have more mercy on us.

The entrance of the WDS!

Fastpasses before our timeslot for BTM were only available for Rock and Rollercoaster, which we totally didn't doing! This time just the two Fastpasses came out, but Eef found a Fastpass on top of the Fastpass machine which was for the same time slot. We once again held three Fastpasses for a ride, Eef told me to go on my own once and go together the other time.

Fastpasses everywhere!

With that settled we went to the Animation Academy to watch the shows and do some drawing. I love the last part with Eddie Murphy as the dragon from Mulan. We were the first out of the show, so we were in front of the line for the drawing class. We still had to wait for the other class to finish, but that wasn't too bad. We got to draw Goofy which was hard because the teacher talked really fast (that's probably because he was Spanish, no offense!).

Our goofy Goofys!

After working our asses off in drawing class, we went to get some lunch. We'd never really had lunch in the WDS, so we were curious what they had to offer. We picked the Blockbuster Café from all the spots and went there. They have a buffet-style lunch which sells delicious paninis and other lunch. I took the ham panini and orange juice and Eef got the kids menu with lasagne, apple slices and orange juice. It was absolutely delicious and way better than the shit we got at Videopolis!

Best sandwich in the park!

While Eef finished her meal, I already went and use our extra Fastpass for Rock and Rollercoaster. Every time I get on this ride, I get so excited! It really has an awesome kick to it. The launch, the music, the loops, the ride, everything goes together so well! And I finally heard the "GOOOOINGGGG DOOOWN"-track which we never heard before. After that we went on again and it was another amazing ride!

Let's rock and rolllllllll(ercoaster)!

We got out and headed back to the Disneyland Parc because there wasn't really much left to do here. Since our Fastpass for BTM wasn't for in two hour or so, we could get a new Fastpass (because two hours had already passed since we got it). We decided to get one for Space Mountain, the Fastpass slot was in half an hour! To kill some time we decided to get an ice cream at Fantasia Gelati. This time the scoops were much larger than the yesterday, lucky us! Suddenly I saw a few characters appearing from the backstage section and they were heading our way. Dr. Facilier, the witch, Jafar and Captain Hook said hello to us and Dr. Facilier asked if we were having a wonderful time! We were super excited, Fantasia Gelati is a great place to spot characters! We've seen loads of princesses and other characters passing by there during summer, because it's right next to a backstage area.

Our favourite place to snack!

We headed towards Space Mountain to use our Fastpass and passed by the Halloween show. The show is kinda short, but you can meet the characters afterwards. It was too crowded, so we just headed to Discoveryland to use our Fastpass! With a Space Mountain Fastpass you skip part of the line but you still have to wait the last bit, which is only ten to fifteen minutes, much shorter than the actual queue at that time. We got blasted into space (unfortunately not in the front this time!) and had a wonderful ride!

Dr. Facilier during his show!

Our slot for BTM began in 30 minutes, so we walked to Frontierland and stumbled upon a small queue for meeting Merida. It was kinda tricky to estimate the length of the queue, but luckily it all went really fast. Meeting Merida was amazing, she was really talkative and really enthusiastic (see the video for the meet and greet)!

Our meet and greet with Merida!

Just before the end of our time slot, we entered the Fastpass queue for BTM. Apperently BTM had broken down while we were in WDS. For no apparent reason, we got two Fastpasses for the slot where BTM had broken down from very lovely Dutch people (you can then use these Fastpasses the entire day and sometimes even the day after). We were very happy and thanked them, we decided to use the Fastpasses for a night-time ride on BTM.

This is where we'll end part 1. Part 2 will follow soon!

Tomdbruijn

Hello everyone!

[Video] DAY 3 (Part 2)
https://youtu.be/DXj-Rl0qzPI

[Report] DAY 3: Another Magical Busy Disney Day! (Part 2)
We left you at BTM where we got two Fastpasses! After a wild ride on the train to the mines, we got really hungry. We decided to go eat at Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet, cause you can get loads of pizza and pasta for not that much. Plus it's the only buffet restaurant for which you don't need a reservation. We'd eaten there before and to be honest, it looked like it needed a rehab really quickly. It's not really decorated that well, but if you don't mind that, you can get great value for your money (food-wise). So with that in mind we took a stroll into Discoveryland. We passed Space Mountain, but we saw closed gates near the entrance of Pizza Planet. This could not possibly mean anything good and we were near the entrance we saw a sign that said that Pizza Planet is not open today. How stupid of us to not check that beforehand!

We were kinda bummed, but luckily Fuente del Oro was there to cheer us up. We wanted to try the tacos this time, cause we didn't want to eat the same thing again plus the tacos came with churros. Unfortunately they ran out of tacos, so we got the fajita-menu. As an apology we got churros instead of the regular dessert that comes with the fajitas! The fajitas were wonderful as ever and the churros were heaven! To chill out (and because the lines were tooooo long), we took a stroll through Fantasyland. To our delight we saw that Mad-Hatter's Tea Cups had a tiny line. The Tea Cups are so much fun, cause you can make them spin so fast! We got seated really quickly and off we went. After a spinning two minutes we spinned towards the exit of the ride.

Mad-Hatter's Tea Cups!

We walked through the castle to Frontierland, to see if Phantom Manor had any queue. The answer was no! It had a five minute queue! After a quick visit to the toilets near Phantom Manor, we walked through the entrance. The greeter of Phantom Manor told Eef to rest in peace in a very creepy way, we love Cast Members who immerse themselves in the ride! We were allowed inside almost immediately and got to enjoy the horrors of Phantom Manor. It seemed almost as if everything was a bit darker than usual, but that may just be a trick of the light.

The Manor through the trees

When we got out of Phantom Manor, it was almost dark outside. We had a look around the shops of Frontierland to see if there was any good merch for sale. I believe we didn't really buy anything (and that's not because we're Dutch!), but we always enjoy looking around the shops. Because it had now gone dark, it was time for one of our favourites, INDY! Indy in the dark gives such a kick and it looks really pretty as well. Especially when going up the stairs of the temple! With little to no wait we got onto the ride!

Pretty Colonel Hathi's restaurant

After that it was time for our evening ride on BTM. Just like Indy, BTM gets so much better in the evening. It feels even wilder than it does during daytime and the lighting on BTM is absolutely gorgeous. You can also see the beautifully lit up castle from the ride and even Space Mountain behind that.

It's kinda hard to take a night-time picture of BTM

We walked back to the hub and saw that Pirates was still broken. But we also saw that Fastpass was still available for Space Mountain, so we decided to head there. Star Tours was only ten minutes, well actually it was a zero minute wait. We could walk all the way through the queue to the entrance of the ride. Because we usually don't take the normal queue (we mostly Fastpass this ride) we took a lot of time to look at all the details. We love all the droids and moving parts in the queue. We were immediately grouped in front of a door and we entered the Starspeeder a little later. We sat down all the way in the front which was cool, but the back gives more kick (your feet can't touch the ground in the back). One thing we always find cool are the seatbelt-signs and the way it's made to look like a real aircraft company. Luckily we landed safely, but we never got to Endor unfortunately!

Ooooooooooooh.

Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast also had a very small queue, so we calculated that we would be just in time for our Fastpass for our Space Mountain. Eef beat me again, which was surprising! How come she beat me every time this trip, but she wasn't able to beat me during the trip before!? Anyway we both had high scores, so that was good! The line for Space Mountain had become so short, that Fastpass wasn't really necessary. But we entered the queue through the Fastpass entrance anyway. It was kinda cold in the station, but luckily we didn't have to stand there for too long. We got in the thirds space craft in a row and got shot of into space.

Spacy picture of Space Mountain

After being pinballed around by meteorites and black holes, we rolled back to the hub to find that Pirates had been opened. With all the energy we had we walked to Pirates as fast as we could, passing by the beautiful Adventureland Gate (which has astonishing colours at night!). Because of the ongoing works on the repavement, we had to walk all the way round through Adventure Isle, but eventually we ended up at Pirates. We love Pirates and we rode it many, many times last time we were here. But due to IASMW being closed, it had been really busy at Pirates during Halloween. We had to wait for about ten minutes to go on our Caribbean cruise, which ended up in the midst of a town that got raided by pirates. There's so much details in all the scenes and one ride actually does not suffice, but we wanted to redo Phantom Manor as well. At Phantom Manor, the creepy guy from this afternoon greeted us again. He told us we weren't ready and we chatted with him a little. When we got out of Phantom Manor, he creepily waved at us as we were heading towards our favourite spot for Dreams. Dreams was amazing once again! And because it was our last night we had to wipe some tears away at the end.

The candles in the Manor

When Dreams was finished we waited for a while and then headed to one of the shops on Main Street to buy the ride-poster package. These poster are so beautiful, we just had to get them. Sad, but with the sight of one magical remaining morning in Disneyland in mind, we left the park with a smile.

Jagertje

Tomdbruijn

Hi guys, due to some busy times at school I completely forget to write the last day of the trip report! I'll post the videos now and will try to finish the trip report later! I also edited the first post, so all the vlogs can be found there. I also added a compilation to the first post! We hope you enjoy, we did!

Komble

Quote from: Tomdbruijn on February 22, 2016, 10:43:31 PM
Hi guys, due to some busy times at school I completely forget to write the last day of the trip report! I'll post the videos now and will try to finish the trip report later! I also edited the first post, so all the vlogs can be found there. I also added a compilation to the first post! We hope you enjoy, we did!
What a fantastic trip report! It looks like you had an amazing time! I look forward to reading about your last day & watching all the videos :)