Footwear

Started by Ohana, October 28, 2015, 12:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Hello all. I think I've probably exhausted every source to find out about footwear, but thought it'd be nice to get some first hand opinions on the issue.

I'll be in DLP in the middle of November. The common opinion is that it'll be cold, however I was raised in the north west of England in a small valley which was freezing in winter, so I'm sure it won't be quite as bad as I'm expecting.

I recently bought a new pair of Disney Vans, with the Cheshire cat print, and I really want to wear those and my villain vans to DLP. I was considering walking shoes but all the affordable ones are ugly and to be honest I don't think they'd actually withstand a full day of walking, they just don't feel comfy. I was considering buying some memory foam skechers but am not sure if they'll fit my needs either.

I hate having wet/cold feet but also hate wearing ugly shoes, so I feel I'm in a predicament. I was considering looking into some gel insoles by Dr Scholl to make the vans more comfy, and maybe wearing some thick socks to keep my feet warm...

Has anyone worn vans around DLP and can tell me if they're comfy? Or what kind of shoes do a good job? Thanks :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

polar vixen

Mine were super comfy for 8 days,  not sure how they'll hold up against it being wet though?

twentythingamabobs

I wear flip flops as much as humanly possible in DLP as my feet are prone to blisters, bruises, swelling...  no good in winter though but I discovered memory foam insoles and they are life savers! Team them up with a pair of blister socks and your feet will be thanking you :) I wore Vans last December and they were grand but it didn't rain so not sure how they would be in the wet.

cazspence

I normally wear my work Cat trainers (Royal Mail) so they are meant for lots of walking and always comfortable. I have just got a new pair of karrimor walking trainers they are waterproof too and so far just as comfy. They look good too.

rebecca20

I have ridiculously blister-prone feet and skin so even Memory Foam Sketchers cause me blisters. I couldn't manage the whole trip in my Disney vans but I managed a good couple of days in them (which for me is insanely good). I would definitely wear them in around the house or at weekends as at first they rubbed on my heels.

♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

grovesie

A good cure for blistered feet is to wear 2 pairs of socks. The blisters form as the shoe and sock rub the skin of the foot. If you wear a second pair of socks the rubbing will not be on the skin. Helps me and my family.

MattR

Just take a few good pairs of leather boots with you, maybe something with a rubber sole.

Zee79

As long as it is waterproof wear anything you find comfortable & only you will know this. I go between trainers & walking boots ( I take both with me). I tried the two pairs of socks as it works for my hubby but I found them uncomfortable.

daddyof2

We just came back after 4 days in the parks, and I mostly wore my Kickers. However, I'd suggest taking at least 2 pairs of shoes and alternating them just to give your feet a break