Back to Maison de Mickey I go!

Started by petals, October 21, 2015, 03:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petals

So after the last time I visited and the number of rude encounters I had I swore I would never go back to DLP but alas they offer cheap hotel and half board for next year so I'm going back!

I'm wondering with the amount of ride closures and the fact there's no parade in the studios is there enough to do for 5 days though. What else is on in January and is Dreams still running or has that stopped as well?

Also does anyone know if DLP has Duffy Pillow pals?

littlebitofpixiedust

Hi great your giving DLP another chance there are rude people but then I find that everywhere just notice more there! There should be plenty to do and you'll be able to take your time, there's were slot of rides closed when we went too but it was ok. We didn't Rush like normal and went on everything & some shows can't help with Duffy question sorry

arvidbux

You can always opt for a day trip to Paris and maybe even Park Astrix. I think it depends on how busy it is in the parks whether you can really spend 5 days. Just last weekend, we were there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We needed the Friday and Saturday to see all the Halloween decorations, parade, show and character M&G. Sunday morning I squeezed in a photo with Donald and after that we left for Paris. We were back at the park area around 17 and left back home again.

In those two days, we only did three rides and for the rest we spent time experiecing all the halloween stuff. So we did take it easy.

rebecca20

Bought said Duffy last week ;D I must admit they had less than last time (June) but several shops in Magic Kingdom had them. They also have Shellie May plush now.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

petals

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on October 21, 2015, 07:27:42 AM
Hi great your giving DLP another chance there are rude people but then I find that everywhere just notice more there! There should be plenty to do and you'll be able to take your time, there's were slot of rides closed when we went too but it was ok. We didn't Rush like normal and went on everything & some shows can't help with Duffy question sorry

We're used to the American parks and the magical feeling there and when you had to fight off rugby scrums to see a character (i believe that's changed now though,) you had to deal with people deliberately trying to skip a queue for a ride, taking a table you're just about to sit at in restaurant, physically pushing you off the footpath so they can get in front of you for a show and having CM rudely shout at you in a shop then it kind of ruins the magic just a tad! We love Disney but that was all a bit to much the last time however I am going with an open mind and hoping that things will be better this time   ;D

Quote from: arvidbux on October 21, 2015, 01:11:05 PM
You can always opt for a day trip to Paris and maybe even Park Astrix. I think it depends on how busy it is in the parks whether you can really spend 5 days. Just last weekend, we were there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We needed the Friday and Saturday to see all the Halloween decorations, parade, show and character M&G. Sunday morning I squeezed in a photo with Donald and after that we left for Paris. We were back at the park area around 17 and left back home again.

In those two days, we only did three rides and for the rest we spent time experiecing all the halloween stuff. So we did take it easy.

We did some of the sites in Paris the last time we were there. I was thinking maybe a trip into the Arc De Triomphe though because we couldn't find the Disney store there the last time but I learnt after the trip why I couldn't find it!  Might do the shopping centre nearby as well. I'm just thinking of my trip buddy really because they might get bored in Disney for 5 days

Quote from: rebecca20 on October 21, 2015, 01:32:01 PM
Bought said Duffy last week ;D I must admit they had less than last time (June) but several shops in Magic Kingdom had them. They also have Shellie May plush now.
Was that America or Paris? I wanted to get the pillow pal in California last year but they didn't have him anywhere, they had loads of other pillow pals but no Duffy :(

arvidbux

Quote from: arvidbux on October 21, 2015, 01:11:05 PM

Quote from: petals on October 22, 2015, 12:00:29 AM
We did some of the sites in Paris the last time we were there. I was thinking maybe a trip into the Arc De Triomphe though because we couldn't find the Disney store there the last time but I learnt after the trip why I couldn't find it!  Might do the shopping centre nearby as well. I'm just thinking of my trip buddy really because they might get bored in Disney for 5 days

Curious to know why you couldn't find it. We went there last Sunday (never ever again..) and we knew where to look so we found it.

petals

Quote from: arvidbux on October 22, 2015, 12:42:54 PM
Curious to know why you couldn't find it. We went there last Sunday (never ever again..) and we knew where to look so we found it.

We had a dumb moment. We were at the wrong side of the Arc lol! In our defense though we had been up all night due to an early morning flight lol!

arvidbux

Quote from: petals on October 22, 2015, 03:09:54 PM
We had a dumb moment. We were at the wrong side of the Arc lol! In our defense though we had been up all night due to an early morning flight lol!

Fair enough  ;)

rebecca20

Paris for the pillow pal - I'm using him as a laptop rest right now!  ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

petals

Quote from: arvidbux on October 22, 2015, 05:26:22 PM
Quote from: petals on October 22, 2015, 03:09:54 PM

Fair enough  ;)

Yeah hopefully we can go to the right side of the arc this time lol!

Quote from: rebecca20 on October 22, 2015, 09:06:53 PM
Paris for the pillow pal - I'm using him as a laptop rest right now!  ;D

Oh this makes me happy! I looked everywhere for him in California but they didn't have him :(  Do you remember how much he was?

rebecca20

petals

Quote from: rebecca20 on October 24, 2015, 05:02:35 PM
All the Pillow pals are 29.99 euro.
Cool. Duffy may need to come home with me  ;D