AP block out days + onsite stays

Started by never2old, October 15, 2015, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Hello,

I have a question that's been asked many times before but I cannot find any of them  ::)

Is it correct that if you're staying onsite at a Disney hotel, you can access the park even if it's a block out date for the AP? And how exactly does that work?

I have a Dream, but DH and DD have Fantasy APs...

michaelj1973

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I think if you booked a Hotel room only and you don't have the tickets to the park included then I don't think you can get in on block out dates.

stifle

If you've booked a normal booking for the hotels you would get park tickets with your hotel package so you will be able to use those tickets to access the park during your stay.

If you've chosen to book a room only rate without park tickets then you would need to observe the blackout dates. I understand that holders of Francilien and Fantasy passports can buy for themselves a 1-day 2-park ticket for half the ordinary price on the blackout dates.

cazspence

When did this change? It used to be as long as you are staying onsite and have the hotel easy pass the blackout dates do not apply.

stifle

I've never been aware of that being a rule. My wife first got an annual passport in 2009 and it was not in the conditions then. It may operate as a concession outside the rules, but I am not sure how it would work – as presumably the turnstiles will reject the passport.

never2old

Quote from: cazspence on October 15, 2015, 07:12:54 PM
When did this change? It used to be as long as you are staying onsite and have the hotel easy pass the blackout dates do not apply.

That's what I had in mind, but I cannot find any confirmation....

never2old

For those interested, I asked in the AP office about this. If you're staying onsite in a Disney hotel, you simply show your hotel pass and you can have access to the park, even if it's a block out day  :D