Free half board and small children

Started by Mafooouk, October 07, 2015, 10:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mafooouk

So I have just booked for February for myself, partner daughter (4) and son (who will be nearly 2). We won't get vouchers for our son, after speaking to the advisor they say that buffet he can have what he wants but table service only off our plates. As the offer is under 7 stay and play free and free half board it would be no difference in price if he was listed as 1 or 4... He dosnt exactly have a little appetite and he loves trying everything, but I really was looking forward to going to walts and blue lagoon along with cafe mickey. So pretty much for it not to be an issue I'm looking at an extra €35+ a night for our son with drink ontop of that.. When if I listed him as 3 it would have been no difference in price but he would get vouchers?

Thoughts? :/

Mileto

Hard question. I am not sure if cheating on age is a good idea. Do an "almost 2 year old child" look like at 3 year old one? Not sure.

If it was me - I would declare the proper age and then in table restaurants give him from my plate and order something in addition if needed. Or, if money is an issue, I wouldn't go in a table restaurant and leave it for next visit. In this case buffet is a good option.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

daddyof2

I've experienced almost exactly the same situation, as our daughter was 4 and son was 2 when we visited last year and we ate in Café Mickey but not the other two restaurants. I don't recall we had much issue with him having enough to eat as there were 3 of us to "donate" food. The portions are decent enough, particularly with 3 course meals. And I agree with Mileto, if you think its an issue order an additional side dish to help bulk things out

haribosmum

I find this one weird too, why they can't just give you the vouchers I don't know. you're being penalised for having a child under 3 whereas if he was older you wouldn't pay any more AND get the vouchers.

When you say you spoke to an advisor, was that Disney direct?  Are you already booked now?   Email through and ask again?
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Mafooouk

I've emailed and asked the question, so just wait and see, It was direct with a Disney advisor yeah

haribosmum

If not I was going to say accidently get the year of birth wrong by a couple of years :-)  Hope you hear something back.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Mafooouk

Might have to take that option, although it would be suspect as I've given booking reference in the email, hope they don't attach notes  :-[

Mafooouk

Success :D dlp changed it so that he shows as child instead of infant and will get vouchers :)

haribosmum

Fab, common sense prevails!!! for once :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20