Pre-Trip Report November 17-21st

Started by Ohana, October 09, 2015, 05:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Okay so I know it's still 38 days until I go to Disney (what?!) but I can barely hold my excitement anymore, and really wanted to write this pre-trippy down before my week off work ends and the real countdown begins!

I've waited a good 30 or so weeks, and as such, I've invested an incalculable amount of hours planning this trip to the T. I've used such resources as:
-DLP Guide
-This forum
-Other forums previously, which are nowhere near as good as this one
-The Brit Guide to DLP (seriously, an awesome beginner's guide)
-YouTube vlogs, hauls, Q+As, etc.

I've planned where we're going to eat maybe 20 times over, I've planned what I want to see the most and even had to make myself feel better about the closures of BTM and IASW. Haven't recently looked to see if Crush will be closed but I will plan for the worst so I'm not setting myself up for further disappointment.
So that's a brief summary, now for the pre-trippy in its magical entirety!

Whos going?!

Myself, Hayley, and my boyfriend Tom. I am also bringing a small alpacasso for some photo op's, because I'm a geek.

When are we going?!

17th November until 21st November, flying from Manchester to CDG. Sadly won't arrive in the parks until around 6pm French time, but we will make the most of our first night with a slap up meal in Annette's, a few drinks and a bit of window shopping.

Where are we staying?!

Hotel Santa Fe! It was initally a toss-up between here and Cheyenne, I let Tom decide that, and he picked Santa Fe as would prefer Cars to cowboys. At this point I'd never seen Cars and it wasn't on my to-watch list... however I picked it up from a CEX and decided to give it a go, and now it's actually one of my favourite Disney films, crazy! I'll definitely be having a wander around the grounds of the Cheyenne though, they look so cool!

What will we be doing?! (Extra information)

We plan on getting to EMH every day, and having a very early breakfast in preparation. Since the park shuts at 7pm, I doubt we'll be staying up while all hours, and the latest we'll probably go to bed is 11pm-midnight. When we arrive like I said we'll be going to Annette's diner, followed by hopefully King Ludwig's for a stein (it's what Tom's most excited for, typical haha) and a few shops - I'll probably grab some ears and an autograph book. We'll also hit up the hotel bar for a glow-tini, naturally.

The next day like I said, EMH, I'll probably cry my face off at seeing the castle! We'll have a mid morning snack in Cable Car probably, then we've got a reservation for Walt's at 1530. I wanted to do it at this time so we finish with time to spare to still play around in the park. Forgot to specify in my reservation but I'm hoping for a window seat, and wondering if we'll be able to choose what room we can sit in. I've known I've wanted to eat at Walt's since I first saw it really so this is going to be special. We may go to Cafe Fantasia after dreams for a drink or two and some nibbles, followed by some more shopping. May nip to Auchan for the cheeseburger crisps I keep yammering on about!

Thursday again EMH, for lunch we plan on going to Au Chalet... do they do a nuggets and fries meal? That's what I think I want, something plain with no bells. For dinner we're going to INVENTIONS! I actually only decided on this on a whim last night, it's not a great deal more expensive than Hunter's Grill, and we'll get some decent character interaction I'm hoping. I considered Auberge, however the princesses don't really do it for me, I envision the princesses in  a certain way, and a different face just doesn't seem right to me - at least with the costumed characters they'll always look the same. Plus I've got the extra added benefit of being able to shift away the reality when I see a costume, I can happily believe there's no one underneath it, haha! However I would still go up to one if I saw one, especially Merida!

Friday we make EMH AGAIN, then stay until around 11.30-12pm, and then take the train into Paris! I didn't really want to cut into my park hours but how can we go and not visit Paris? It seems rude! Especially since it's my first ever time across British shores! I've made an itinerary for this in which we will visit Notre Dame, Pont Neuf, Louvre, Eifel Tower, Place Du Tertre and possibly Moulin Rouge for a photo - we will be eating at the Chez La Mere Catherine, which I've booked and received my e-mail confirmation for. Whilst in Paris I'm hoping to find some kind of macaroon outlet and buy many, as well as some cliché souvenirs (hey, I've never been abroad, I want the biggest tackiest thing they've got. An inflatable Eiffel tower? YES PLEASE!). We will get home (oh gosh, I actually called it home -.-) quite late, but I will default to saying 'we'll go for a drink and some shopping'. I really don't know what else there is to do in the village haha!

Saturday, our final day, and you guessed it, EMH. We will do as many rides as possible before the Saturday rush arrives and then just take it as it comes. We will have lunch at Earl of Sandwich and buy the last few things we want. I'm planning on making EMH until the park opens to the public then going back, checking out and asking them to hold our bags. Will they do this? And also what time do you recommend we leave the parks to make our 6pm flight back home? We have prepaid for our VEA shuttle return tickets, just are unsure what times they run and when we should make our way to CDG.

So that's the plan.. I feel like it's longer than an actual trip report, how sad! Of all the characters, I really want to meet:
Mickey (duh?)
Donald
Peter Pan
Jack!
Duffy (yes I know it's not gonna happen but I can dream, right?)

I might start a bit of pin trading and have already got a list of the things I want to buy. I've managed to save a tidy amount for this and am so excited!

Oh, as a side note, I realise that I've used a lot of first person chatter in this report, mainly because Tom's not really bothered what we do, he's only going on this trip for my benefit, as long as he gets his food and a pint, I don't think he could care less.. oh and he's chosen to sit out the teacups so it'll just be me on them laughing like a mad loon!

Thanks for reading, can't wait to share the actual trip report!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Lavi

Regarding the left luggage at the hotel: we also stayed at Santa Fe in March and we also did EMH every day. We had breakfast at 7:00 every day, we were done in about 40 minutes and then headed to the park by foot (it's a beautiful walk along the river/lake). In the last day while me and DDs were finishing our breakfast, my DH simply dropped the luggage at the luggage office. (The luggage office is a separate small building just oposit the reception) Checkout is as simple as leaving the room key in a box. We returned to the hotel just before going to the airport.
All you have to do is pre-pack luggage in the last evening and then add the last bits in the morning before breakfast so that you won't need to return to the room. 

Have an awesome trip!

Mitchell

Yay! I hope you have an amazing time!
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

rebecca20

Oh my goodness - you have to post pictures of your alpcasso! I wish I could take my Polly alpacasso along put sadly she's a bit too big :(

I also pray for Duffy each visit but they have the sweetest little magnetic Duffy who incidentally fits my minnie and mickey tsum tsum ears. He was in the main parade in June but having watched peoples' videos since it seems a bit hit or miss as to whether he makes an appearance with Goofy on the last float.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Lisaa

Absolutely loved reading you pre-trip report, good to know I'm not the only one spending hours and hours planning a trip  ;D Hope you have an amazing time in the parks!

stifle

Au Chalet de la Marionette main course options are hot dog, half roast chicken, or burger.

Consider McDonald's for macarons, you get a dozen for €9 and they are not materially different to the expensive ones.

Vicky7260

What a brilliant pre trip report, we go as first timers on the 27 November and I'm planning this alone as its a surprise for my girls.

Re pin trading, I bought a job lot  of 25 pins of from eBay for £12 and they are fantastic quality so we're set to trade from the off!

I might join you it's a pre trip report :-) I'm so excited I could actually bursts lol.