Dapper Day and that weekend (September 25-27 2015) - COMPLETED! - final part up!

Started by HildeKitten, October 06, 2015, 04:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

never2old

Your pictures are gorgeous!!!

Great read too, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next chapter!!

HildeKitten

Thanks Norhel and Never2old!
Next chapter should be up tomorrow :)

michaelj1973

Also again nice pictures made the wait a bit more bareble.

HildeKitten

michaelj1973

I keep repeating myself but lovely pictures again. Still 55 days for me...?

Mileto

Oh, Hilde! Such a nice and pleasant to read trip report! And these fotos! Amazing!

Can you tell me more about your camera - model, lens?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

RockNRoller

Cracking report and some fab photo's but what I love the most is despite the fact that there are a lot of topics about all the closures and green fences you clearly had a great time. Reckon all the people who are concerned their trip is going to be spoiled need to read your trip report.

Thanks for showing us the Disney Magic is still there  :D, even if, by the sounds of it, some CM's seem to have forgotten.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

HildeKitten

@Mileto: Thanks! :)
Ah cameras!
My standard camera is a Canon EOS 700D (so the older model, the current one is the 750D) with the standard kit lens, the 18-55mm (I know a lot of people frown on it, but I really like that lens). I also used my husband's Canon EOS 60D (also an older model, the current one is the 70D if I'm not mistaken) with a kit lens, a 17-85mm. I had to, because at one point my camera utterly gave out (well the lens was too screwed up and the battery died on me).
The one that does the sort of square black and white photos is a vintage analog, an Agfa Isola 1, that runs on medium format (120mm) film.
Aside from that I used an instant camera, the fuji instax 90 NEO CLASSIC (yes, spelled like that, what's in a name right haha).
And the Lomography Sprocket Rocket, which was the source of all the weird, grainy, blurry failed panorama photos. I have seen really awesome photos from that camera, but clearly by people with a super stable wrist, ergo: not me XD

@RockNRoller: Lucky there were also very nice CMs :)
To be fair, the weekend we were there, there were only two fences up that I noticed (around Small World and Fuente del Oro). And scaffolding around the Newport Bay Club. So it was around areas we only passed by, rather than around stuff we really wanted to access. I think that does a lot.
The fences were thus very easily avoidable, not at all like they are now if if the stories of the current state of affairs are anything to go by.
I must admit that I am not particularly enamored by the idea of going when such a huge chunk of the park is up in green fences, because it would hinder my ability to take photos (and we all know that my two main reasons for going are taking photos and going on rides haha). But that's just me personally! I think that people who mainly go for the shows, parades, characters and general feel of the park could still have a wonderful, magical time! It's really a personal decision everyone needs to make for themselves.

Oh yes, those CMs ... well you get rotten eggs everywhere I guess. I like to write about everything that happened, and whilst a few were proper in need of at least a serious reprimand from their manager (at least!), I wouldn't let them ruin my trip, nor would I not go back because of some bad experiences with some employees. I will be much more careful with whom I hand my camera over to mind, because I've ran out of spare lenses.

seraphelle

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019