Experience with a doctor in DLP

Started by vuk, October 02, 2015, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathalie

I'm amazed by reading how fast they respond!

Also in my own case, the respons was incredibly fast!
I just grabbed a person of Guest Flow, told him what was happening, and before I even finished saying what was wrong there was a medic, a translator with me and a wheelchair on the way to take me to the first aid.

rebecca20

Remind me to jump on a plane to DLP next time I need medical assistance!!!! That's crazy good service.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

HildeKitten

Yeah I always say that if I need to have some kind of accident/incident (and of course I hope that never happens but you know how it is) I prefer it to be in DLP because I'll at least get competent healthcare.
Point in case, I had an accident last April in a Belgian train station (one of the heavy sliding doors closed just in front of me, causing me to walk straight into it), i spent nearly 5 hours waiting to see a doctor in the ER, received completely incompetent care which has left me with damage to my left eye from the impact.
If they had properly done their job they could have treated it, but no.

So yes, you're safe in DLP in case something does happen. Hopefully it won't, but at least you can rest assured that when it does, you'll get proper healthcare.

DisneyRon

Quote from: HildeKitten on October 06, 2015, 08:12:50 PM
Yeah I always say that if I need to have some kind of accident/incident (and of course I hope that never happens but you know how it is) I prefer it to be in DLP because I'll at least get competent healthcare.
Point in case, I had an accident last April in a Belgian train station (one of the heavy sliding doors closed just in front of me, causing me to walk straight into it), i spent nearly 5 hours waiting to see a doctor in the ER, received completely incompetent care which has left me with damage to my left eye from the impact.
If they had properly done their job they could have treated it, but no.

So yes, you're safe in DLP in case something does happen. Hopefully it won't, but at least you can rest assured that when it does, you'll get proper healthcare.

The wait might still be long though. ;) But yes, the diagnosis and subsequent treatment will be done properly. I had the misfortune of having an accident on a day that it was rather busy at the hospital, so I spent about 6 hours there in all, most of it waiting.

Can't fault the actual treatment and response though. :D

HildeKitten

I've never actually had to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seen to, and that was with a cut in my finger (which did NOT require any kind of urgent attention, just some cleaning, disinfectant and a plaster ^^). Every other time I was seen to straight away (possibly because it was serious stuff like asthma attacks and such mind).

DisneyRon

Quote from: HildeKitten on October 07, 2015, 08:26:23 PM
I've never actually had to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seen to, and that was with a cut in my finger (which did NOT require any kind of urgent attention, just some cleaning, disinfectant and a plaster ^^). Every other time I was seen to straight away (possibly because it was serious stuff like asthma attacks and such mind).

I think I got unlucky that day, there were a lot of people waiting, and while I had a sizeable gash in my head it wasn't too deep or bleeding much at that point. :) A little desinfecting and stitching was all that was needed.

HildeKitten

Yeah a lot of head wounds look a lot worse than they really are (thankfully). I once cut an eyebrow, it bled all over the place and in reality it was a stupid fleshwound that just needed some disinfecting and a plaster (this didn't happen at DLP mind).

never2old

If any of you follow the DLP ambassadors in Facebook, they've just posted some photos about the medical center in Main Street

Mileto

never2old, could you please put a link to the facebook page of the ambassador?
Thank you!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

never2old

Mileto

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

fairymom

Also just to add... if you have something minor they will also help. I got a bad headache in DLP once and asked a CM if there was anywhere to buy paracetemol. She directed me to the medical centre where they gave me water and paracetemol.
Also my niece suffered with a strained ankle there one year and again they have her pain medication, every 4 hours as required, she just had to keep going back and they'd give her the next dose.

HildeKitten

Oh yes absolutely, I've gone in one trip with a cut on a finger and they didn't think it was any trouble at all and cleaned it, disinfected it and put a plaster on it.
When I fell a hole in my knee on another trip, they also patched me up without any complaint also :)
I kept on apologising over bothering them with something silly like that, and they kept on saying that first aid was for any kind of ailment and injury, regardless of it being tiny or life threatening and everything in between.
So seriously, regardless of whether you have a scrape that needs some disinfecting or whatever else: don't hesitate to go to first aid!