First time trip hotel New York March 10th-15th 2014 Complete with pic's

Started by Shirley, September 27, 2015, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

Looks like you guys had an absolutely awesome time! :)

tigger1974

Thanks for sharing this wonderful report - it seems you all had a brilliant time.

The photos are great and the ones of the cake look really delicious - hope it tasted as good as it looked!

I think the Hotel New York is a beautiful place to stay but my personal favourite remains the Newport Bay.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Shirley

Quote from: HildeKitten on October 18, 2015, 11:12:00 AM
Looks like you guys had an absolutely awesome time! :)
We had a brilliant time thank you for reading :-)

Shirley

Quote from: tigger1974 on October 24, 2015, 11:29:21 AM
Thanks for sharing this wonderful report - it seems you all had a brilliant time.

The photos are great and the ones of the cake look really delicious - hope it tasted as good as it looked!

I think the Hotel New York is a beautiful place to stay but my personal favourite remains the Newport Bay.

TTFN
Thank you for reading :-) We had such a good time that we have booked again for next year. The cake was so yummy but we were very full from all the fab food we still done a good job on it :-) We really loved Inventions it was so magical perfect for a very special day :-)
It was our first visit to disneyland Paris so don't know the other hotels but really loved the New York hopefully we'll get the chance to try out a few more of them :-)

BlackPearl

I really enjoyed reading your trip report and looking at your pictures.
What a wonderful birthday party you all had!
:D

Shirley

Quote from: BlackPearl on October 27, 2015, 10:32:41 PM
I really enjoyed reading your trip report and looking at your pictures.
What a wonderful birthday party you all had!
:D
Thank you we had a great time these trip reports take a lot longer than expected :-) especially when there so text heavy like ours  ;D  ;D  ;D and the internet was acting up but hopefully we'll get it finished soon :-)

Shirley

Day 6
Our last full day  :'(. Even thought we were a little tired this morning, we made it down for breakfast for 8, because we wanted to do all our favourite rides again. This was our first day of coming across rude and unpleasant people. We were queuing for breakfast when we seen a family queuing to go into the Parkside diner. There was a man a woman and a small girl of about 2 years. She was so small she was able to walk under the barrier without even touching it and I don't even think she realised she had stood out passed it. When her father noticed he got every annoyed and grabbed her by the arm to lift her back in he was very angry and giving out in French. When he had her in the air he shock her very hard and the poor little thing started to cry I think he hurt her arm badly. It was just terrible to see and made us feel very upset. After when we passed back by she was still crying poor pet.

We arrived at the park for 9, We noticed a queue to see Donald on main st. We decided to join the queue. We had some great weather up to this, even some fabulous sunny days but today it was cold. After about an hour we were at the top of the line. Donald was lovely and very funny. Both boys had decided to wear their knight costumes again but insisted on wearing their shields too Calum hit his mouth off the shield but I hadn't noticed. Donald seen him and was all concerned.  He got my attention to show me he was hurt and I kissed Calum so then Donald wanted me to kiss his beak so he pretended it was hurt too :D. It was very funny and we all had a great laugh. After we got fabulous pictures took and put on our photo pass. He was definitely worth the wait.

After this we were all freezing  so we decided to go get coffees so we went to Market house deli. We got coffees, a tea for Calum and water for Alex. There was French students there and they were having a sing song which was nice. We enjoyed our Coffees and the entertainment before we ventured back out in the cold.
We went straight to Buzz, the park was busy today because it was Saturday, so the queue times were high. It was 40 min's but we braved it cause we all love this ride. Next we done Orbittron. The queue was long on this one too but we had filled the popcorn tubs we got the night before with sweets and crisps we had brought with us, to use them up and its a good job as all the queues were long today. It kept them entertained eating them. After this we headed to studios because the boys wanted to see spider man. Calum wanted to meet him on his birthday but we didn't have time the day before because we were so busy. He still had his badge on his suit so we told him to pretend to Spiderman that it was his birthday. The queue for Spiderman was 75 min's but both boys were mad to see him and this was our last chance. So we joined the queue and munched on our goodies. At this stage we all got it hard to stand it was a long busy few days but we were glad to be inside in the heat. Before we knew it, it was our turn to go in to see Spiderman. We walked around the corner and there he was. He was full of chat and asked us how we were. We were all a bit star struck and didn't answer him just smiled. At this point he turned to the CM then turned back to us and asked ye do speak English? I think we were so used to the characters not speaking that we got a shock when he talked. But we quickly answered yes and we all had a great laugh. The boys had big smiles but still weren't able to talk. They were mesmerised. We got some lovely pictures and he signed the boys autograph books. He spent along time writing happy birthday on Calum's and drawing a spider web and a spider. He showed it to the CM to show his great art work and they both had a great laugh as did we but the boys thought it was brilliant.

Next we done tram tours. We all liked it the water bit was cool.

After this Disney Jr was starting in English so we went to see that. We liked it very much, the boys grew up with little Einstein, Mickey mouse club house and handy Mandy. They loved blowing the leaves off the trees and the bubbles falling and the streamers.

As we came out stitch live was starting in English so headed straight in there. The boys sat up front and we sat on the seats behind. We loved this show and stitches interaction with the crowd. It was very funny.
Lucky for us as we came out Cinemagic was just starting so we went straight in there. This was absolutely brilliant. We loved it, it was so entertaining and when they showed the 2 second clip of the girls head spinning in the exorcist Calum turned to me and said what on earth was that. When the film was over Calum kept asking what the scary girl was so we told him it was a film he kept asking questions so we told him it was a silly adult film but he kept talking about it. He has a thing about scary stuff wants to know all about it even though he's scared :-) We noticed a queue for Armageddon and decided to join even though we had no idea what it was like. After a short wait we were in. It was quite scary for the boys but they still both loved it. The end bit where the flames came up and water splashed us we had to convince Alex that he hadn't got burnt and it was just water  :D We walked around by ratatouille we though the place looked fab are we were going to try the ride but it was 60mins we did try the fast  past machine but they were gone and I thought it was a rollercoaster so didn't want to try it.(what a mistake) After this we were all feeling quite hungry so we decided to stop in Resturant en Coulisse for some food but Calum at the best of times gets it hard to eat chips  and burgers so he said he wasn't hungry. I asked him if he would prefer a sandwich from the place beside the Restaurtant des stars and he said yes so I ran over to get it while Tara queued for some chicken burgers and chips. By the time Tara had the food I was back. We all enjoyed our meal. When we were finished we headed for toy story land. The queues were all very long but these were rides we all wanted to do so we didn't mind queuing first was Cars 30 min wait next Parachute Drop 40min and the slinky dog 35mins.
At this point we decided to head back to the main park. We had Café mickey booked for 6.15pm but none of us were hungry after our big lunch. So we decided to see if we could change it to later. I went into City Hall and the nice CM told me the only time left to change to was the last booking at 10pm. I asked if they still had characters and he said of course, so we booked for it for then. As I came out of City Hall the parade was starting so we stayed on main street. We stood in behind some people and decided that we would lift the boys up when the parade came close. Here we witnessed more very rude behaviour. A English lady with her 2 young kids one in a buggy was standing close to us. A man came along with his 10-13yr old daughter and decided to try to push her in front of the English lady. She of course was having none of it and told him no she couldn't stand in front of them because her and her children had stood there for 40 mins to get a good view of the parade. He of course pretended he couldn't  understand but didn't push anymore until the parade came close. Then again tried to push his child in front of them at this stage the girl was pretty annoyed and told him no to back off. He got very angry hovered over her because he was a very tall man. He made a fist and like he was going to punch her in the face but then walked away at this she said something under her breath like I'm not scared of you he must have heard her because he ran back with his fist up again and was going to punch her and pull her camera out of her hand. Then a lot of other people got involved and pulled him away as they did he said your a stupid f**king c**t. So much for not speaking English  :-\   I thought it was terrible of him to behave like that  in front of so many children it was horrible. Lucky our kids were so engrossed in the parade they didn't notice to much of it.
After the parade we walked to up main street and decided to buy the boys hats and scarfs. We had brought some with us but because the last few days we had such nice weather we had took them out of the bag. We got lovely jack hats and red Disneyland scarfs. Tara brought Al to find a toilet so me and Cal took some pictures in front of the castle.

Cal loves making scary faces  ;D

The boys wanted to visit the Dragon again and spent ages threatening to kill him if he didn't stay quite. It was very funny and a lot of people got a lot of fun out of watching them including a CM who told them the dragon was real.

We decided to go on the carrousel next

Then we done buzz again, Its a small world, Casey Junior and tea cups in the dark which was fab.

After this we went to get some candyfloss

and because we had to get back to Café Mickey quickly after Dreams we stood right at the back of main street it was a lovely view from there. Dreams as always was fab and made us all sad to think this was our last time to see it this holiday, but we had watched it 5 nights in a row and promised ourselves we'd be back so it wasn't to bad. When it was over we headed straight for Café Mickey. We were there for 9.45pm but the doors were all closed up. We knocked and a girl came to the door. I explained to her we had a reservation. she told us last one was 9.30. I showed her the receipt I had and she barely looked at it and said well there's no characters and I don't know if we can let you in at this stage because last booking is 9.30pm and if I  had a problem I should take it up with City Hall. The kids were tired and hungry and I was feeling a little mad so I turned to Tara and said come on lets just leave. We walked outside and talked about it. We both agreed we had it booked and also had vouchers we needed to use up and this restaurant was the closest to our hotel so we decided to go back in. This time a man came to the door he was a manager I was quite upset as I explained to him what had happened. I told him what the girl had said and his face reddened. He couldn't have been nicer he explained to us that the characters were only there until 10.30pm. We told him we didn't even mind at this stage we just wanted to sit down and get something to eat. We seen him talking sternly to the girl and he made sure that all the characters came to our table before leaving. We got to see Pluto and Geppitte and the boys were happy out.

Even though we had plus meal vouchers none of us ordered starters. Both Tara and myself ordered pizza Alex ordered a burger and waffles and Cal just ordered waffles. The CM was shocked and told us his meal voucher was worth way more than just waffles. Cal then explained to him that he was from another country and therefor it was ok if he didn't like French food  ;D We ate up quickly as Cal was starting to fall asleep. We asked for the bill as we had got a glass of wine each but the manager came over and said our drinks were on the house and he explained how sorry they were about earlier. We were very happy with how it was handled. The restaurant was still quite full when we were leaving. I decided to try carry Cal as he was almost asleep he fell asleep on the way back. Thank God our hotel was close but by the time we got to the room I was nearly dead I put him on the bed and lay on the ground for a few minutes to recover  :D  :D  :D

When I recovered I stripped Cal and put him into bed. As it was our last night myself and Tara opened a bottle of wine and done most of our packing. It was hard trying to fit all the toys and gifts in the bags, but we managed  :-\  After about an hour we fell into bed to get some rest before our final day in Disney.

rebecca20

Lovely trip report, looks like you had a fab time.

I have to say we say some dreadful parenting too! One little girl didn't want to walk and refused to move - now I don't have my own children, but when my Godsons do this a little 'well I'm leaving you' always works for me. These parents walked up to the little girl and hit her so hard! It was horrific to see, I really wanted to say something but they weren't English speakers - I understand that its up to the parents, but this was beyond just a tap to teach her a lesson you could actually hear the contact with her face.

I have to say I really wanted to take my hat of to a lovely couple who, when there son decided he wanted a Tiara didn't even bat an eyelid and left him to chose what he wanted to wear, there were a few examples of this and it was lovely to see.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Shirley

Quote from: rebecca20 on October 29, 2015, 09:52:26 PM
Lovely trip report, looks like you had a fab time.

I have to say we say some dreadful parenting too! One little girl didn't want to walk and refused to move - now I don't have my own children, but when my Godsons do this a little 'well I'm leaving you' always works for me. These parents walked up to the little girl and hit her so hard! It was horrific to see, I really wanted to say something but they weren't English speakers - I understand that its up to the parents, but this was beyond just a tap to teach her a lesson you could actually hear the contact with her face.

I have to say I really wanted to take my hat of to a lovely couple who, when there son decided he wanted a Tiara didn't even bat an eyelid and left him to chose what he wanted to wear, there were a few examples of this and it was lovely to see.
Hi rebecca20
Yes we were the same I was so close to walking over to him and screaming but my son and nephew were there so I couldn't but he maid me so angry. Some people just don't deserve children. Its nice to hear the good stories too. That's lovely about the little boy they sound like great parents 

Zee79

We need to remember that there are cultural differences & what we see as wrong is perfectly acceptable to others, doesn't make it right  but its their culture. We were queuing for a ride one time & this family were a complete nightmare, got to the point that a few of us English did say I going to slap that kid in a minute haha (obviously we wouldn't) when he did something again & the father cracked him one & I mean cracked him one, totally un called for despite him being so naughty, we were all just gobbed smacked even my father who normally voices his opinion. Those who weren't English around us didn't even better an eye, the kid didn't even moan or cry!

Despite this looks like you had a great time, lovely report as well.

Shirley

Day 7:
Another early start. After breakfast we went up to pack the last few bits and then we brought the bags down to the bag room. We then headed for the park. It was close to 10am at this stage. As usual we went straight to buzz, pretty long queue again today about half an hour. Again after Buzz the boys seen Orbitron and wanted to do that.

So we joined the queue which was about 30 mins also. Then we joined the queue for Autopia the queue was about 40 mins but the boys entertained themselves by climbing on the railings

We love this ride even Toby had another go at driving

After this we went to say goodbye to the dragon

and then we decided to go on pirates but when we got there the CM told us that it was broke down and to try later. So we decided to go to studios because we wanted to get in all our favourite rides before we went home. We did Aladins carpet and then headed for cars and then parachute drop. We done a bit of shopping in studios. After this we decided to head back to see if pirates was open. It still wasn't so we decided to stop for our pause groumet. . We got drinks and donuts. Calum spilt his full cup of orange down on top of himself and Tara said oh my god Calum your drowned, and he started to cry. We explained to him its ok your just a bit wet no need to cry. He said ye but Tara said I was grounded. We laughed and laughed and laughed and then told him Tara said he was drowned not grounded. We asked him what grounded meant and he said he didn't know but knew it was bad  :) :).

We went on its a small world, Casey Jr and Le Pays des Contes de Fees. After this we went to Annette's for dinner.

We relaxed and really enjoyed our meal (probably a bit too much  :D) We had some pause graumet left so we gave them to the family sitting behind us. After this we done a bit more shopping. At this stage we should have been rushing to get the train to the airport but we were in no hurry to leave the magic, so we ended up rushing at the last minute to get back to get our bags at the hotel and get the train but we made it on time.

Got the train to the airport, our flight was on time and before we knew it we were back in Dublin to a green airport for St. Patricks Day. Lovely end to a brilliant holiday.

Summary:
On the Friday night before our magical holiday  my house was broken into. Two men broke in through the back patio  door,  broke the glass and were standing in the kitchen. They were disturbed and left luckily without taking anything. But the idea of strangers being in your house is horrible. Being in Disney really took my mind of it because it was so magical. We had such a great time that I had totally forgot what had happened. We really had a wonderful holiday and before we left we were already planning our trip back  :). We have booked again for March 2016. This time its a bigger party  :) me, Cal, Tara her husband John and their four kids. They don't know it yet but Santy is bringing them all a Disney box with toys, clothes and Disneyland Paris tickets because the boys haven't stopped talking about it. We are looking forward to planning it with the kids this time.

bad-pink-tink

really lovely trip report and you managed to get all the photos in right :) I bet the boys are going to be sooo excited at Christmas when they find out.

Sorry to hear about your break in, but that's the brilliant thing about Disney. It takes you away from reality , away from the worries of real life for a few days and transports you to a magical happy place. Then when you come back, you feel better able to deal with real life.

I'm going the end of February, so look out for my trip report in March before you go back
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

rosiebud

Wow! looks like you had a fantastic time. Children are so precious and so are their memories. Your blog is fantastic as are your photographs. We have booked to stay at this hotel next September with my granddaughter who will be 6 the week before we arrive but it is a birthday treat for her. Did you inform the hotel it was your sons birthday ahead of your stay? and what is a photo passport?

iwantotbebelle

I have to say, this report just made my day.  Im sitting in work with a headcold feeling sorry for myself.  We're going in March 2016 and this has made me SUPER excited.  Thanks for writing it and posting the fab pics.  Im soooo excited now and suddenly my headcold doesnt seem so bad  ;D

stifle

I presume a "photo passport" refers to a PhotoPass+ – for €49.99 you get digital downloads of unlimited photos taken by park photographers and on rides. The card can be used to add photos for 10 days from first use and downloads can be made for up to a year. Annual Passport holders benefit from their usual merchandise discount on the purchase of the pass and photos can be added for a full year instead of 10 days.