First time trip hotel New York March 10th-15th 2014 Complete with pic's

Started by Shirley, September 27, 2015, 08:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Introduction: Our party was me Shirley, my sister Tara her 6yr old son Alex and my 5yr old son Calum. It was a birthday surprise for my son who was turning 6 on the 13th. We had booked it over a year in advance and we decided to keep it a surprise from the boys. We told them we were going on a shopping trip and staying in a hotel in Dublin the night before. Because Alex had never been on an plane we told the boys while we were in Dublin we would drive around by the airport so he could have a look. The plan was when we got to the airport to let the boys sound out Paris from the check in screen and then hand them their cards which we had made up which said we were going to Disney.

Day 1: The boys went to school as normal and I went to work, Tara picked up the boys from school put the bags in the car and picked me up from work and we headed for Dublin.
We checked in at the hotel had dinner and tried to get to bed early but me and Tara were too excited.

Day 2: We woke the boys at 3.30am to go shopping lol. Got dressed and headed for the airport. The boys didn't suspect anything probably because they were too tired.
Our plans changed slightly when we got to the airport because we were going on an Aer Lingus flight and they don't have allocated check ins for different countries so we couldn't get the boys to read it. So we went ahead and checked in without the boys suspecting anything. After check in we sat the boys down on chairs and handed them the cards. When the figured out what was written on the cards they went quiet and asked are we really going and when we said yes they said oh. We asked them are ye excited they said yes. They looked more excited in the photos and they seemed we think they went into shock we were expecting more of a reaction.

We went and got breakfast which none of us were able to eat and then went to get on the plane. The air hostests were so nice. They even gave the boys a free drink and packet of sweets even though both were asleep. When the plane landed the boys were brought to see the cockpit and the lady pilot was so nice. They were amazed by it.
We went got our bags no problems and got the train to the train station but could not figure out how to get the train tickets for train to Disney. Eventually found it but then couldn't find the platform a very nice young French guy seen that we were a bit lost and asked if we needed help. He sent us in the right direction and within a few minutes we were on the train and heading to Disney. We arrived and headed for the New York hotel. Check in was easy and she gave us all our vouchers in order for each day. We went straight to our room quick look around abandoned our bags and headed for the parks. We were all a bit hungry at this stage and decided to head to Annettes for something to eat. The food was fabulous we all loved it. While there Alex said that he loved Disneyland and we had to explain to him that we hadn't even got into Disney yet properly  :). So we finished up and headed to Disneyland park.

First thing we did was went on snow white wait time was only 5 minutes Calum didn't like it too much he got a bit freaked out and I thought he wouldn't go on anything else. After that we went on the le carrousel de lancelot and then Alex wanted to go on Pinocchio and Calum didn't so Tara and Alex went to do that and we did the carrousel again. We headed to find the dragon under the castle after this but Calum was still a bit freaked out so he wouldn't go down cause it was pretty dark so Tara and Alex went on there own. We went on mad hatters tea cups next and then went to Alices Curious Labyrinth. We then headed for Le Pays des Contes de Fees, then we went to its a small world. After this we noticed the ropes going up and knew it was the parade starting so we stood waiting for it. We were all amazed by it.  After the parade we headed for Buzz lazerblast and the waiting time was only 10 minutes we all loved this ride. After the ride we spent sometime browsing around the gift shop. Next we went to Orbitron. After that we noticed people were standing around for dreams we bought the boys Mickey ears and waited for Dreams to start. The boys were amazed by dreams as were we. When dreams were over we were all feeling hungry so we walked through the village and decided to go to Planet Hollywood. We got a pizza and garlic bread between it was really nice. Calum had all the staff trying to find out what sort of fish was hanging from the celling after this we were pretty shattered so we headed back to the hotel only to find 2 Mickey mouse teddy bears and chocolate coins the boys were ecstatic. We all fell asleep very quickly.

http://

bad-pink-tink

shirly, you just need to fix the code.

first click insert image, THEN paste the direct code

each picture needs to have the image codes
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

bad-pink-tink

right

step 1
click on the direct code section of the photo on photo bucket. It should flash yellow, which means its copied

step 2
click insert image and paste the code
You need to do this for each photo. It should look like this

and end up like this

Shirley

Quote from: Shirley on September 27, 2015, 08:28:57 PM
Quote from: bad-pink-tink on September 27, 2015, 08:15:10 PM
shirly, you just need to fix the code.

first click insert image, THEN paste the direct code

each picture needs to have the image codes
Yeah I must be real stupid cos I cant do it. It wont let be copy the image :-( How do I copy the code. when I click on the pic it doesn't seem to give me the full code :-/

Yeah I finally figured it out thanks for all your help :-)

bad-pink-tink

you are welcome :) looks soo much better, cant wait to read the rest of your report

BlackPearl

Shirley

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Forgot to say that we unpacked before we fell asleep but the boys were out like a light within seconds. We also forgot to put up the picture of the boys watching dreams.

Day 3: We woke up and went for our 7.30 breakfast slot in the parkside diner.

It was lovely we had bacon and sausage and the boys had pancakes and chocolate spread.

We went up and got our jackets and the bag which we had packed the night before with snacks we brought from home like crisps, bars and biscuits to keep them going while we were queuing. We arrived at the park at around 9 o clock and the first thing we did was buy our photo pass. We walked through the castle and looked at the stained glass windows. Which we thought were fab.

We then went on Buzz lazer blast and walked straight on. We got our first pictures on our photo pass :). Next we went over to star tours there was a 20 min queue but we really enjoyed the scenery so it didn't seem that long. Just as we were all seated a young boy around 9 or 10 years old got very upset and his mother had to leave with him. We hadn't done this ride before so we were a bit nervous for the boys but they loved it as did we. After they played the games in the arcade for a while. We then went to see Captain EO. Calum really loved this because of the little funny looking flying thing. He said it a kitten with wings  ;D

Next we went on its a small world

We came across Peter pan but the queue was 50min long and we decided not to wait or try again for some strange reason  :-\  I think it might of had to do with the fact that Dumbo was closed  the whole time we were there so we didn't go that way to much and didn't see it much. We ended up not doing it at all  over the whole hol. We won't get to  do it next time either because it will be closed  :'(
then we done buzz again and afterwards we looked around the shop and the boys bought ham saving boxes

We were all needing a rest at this stage so we stopped and used our pause gourmande.

After we did Orbitron and buzz again then we bought the boys Mickey gloves and we watched the parade which was magical and we were in awe.

We had a reservation in café Mickey for 6.15 so we made our way over there as soon as the parade was over. It felt amazing to be in café mickey and we couldn't wait to see how the boys were going to react to the character. I had the salad which was lovely and the pizza the boys had burgers and the waffles Cal loved the waffles . After a few mins of being there out came Goofy and the boys were a little quite next Mickey then Pluto and Eore.

The boys loved it but were still a bit quite with the characters. We left café Mickey and headed back to the park for dreams, it was another magical experience because we watched it from a different place than yesterday and we seen it in a different light.

I have to say I love when your walking out of the park and the voice says thank you for visiting Disneyland Paris we hope u enjoyed your day and we hope to see you all again soon ;D We walked back to the hotel.

We decided to call into the hotel bar for a glowtini's which we had to try after reading so much about them on here :D and we got the boys buzz light up drinks. 

After our drinks we headed for bed ;-)

bad-pink-tink

great photos. What part of the hotel , what kind of room do you have? I am going in February and also staying in Hotel New York. I am trying o find as much info as possible  about the hotel :)

Shirley

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on October 03, 2015, 10:05:48 PM
great photos. What part of the hotel , what kind of room do you have? I am going in February and also staying in Hotel New York. I am trying o find as much info as possible  about the hotel :)
Thanks, we were on the third floor in a standard room. We really loved it. We thought the room was fab and the hotel is so close to the parks. All the staff were so nice. On the first night the boys got Mickey mouse teddy bears and when it was my sons birthday we came back to find a card and balloons in the room which were lovely. We loved it so much that we've booked it again for March next year :-)

Shirley

Day 4:
We had a lie in this morning we missed our breakfast slot but chanced going down anyway and it was no problem had another lovely breakfast. After breakfast we headed for studios :). We got there around 9.45 and queued for awhile. We walked in through studios and there was a band playing.

We went straight to monsters university area and boys enjoyed looking at the door and screaming into the scream monitor.

Then we went on Aladins magic carpet the queue was quiet long about 30 mins but worth the wait because we all enjoyed it. We then headed to toy story playland. The boys loved this especially seeing the big buzz. We went on parachute jump it was about 45 mins wait but the boys loved all the military stuff and the video explaining the ride. This was one of our favourite rides we all really loved it.

After this we seen Buzz was doing meet and greet so we joined the cue after 25mins we were at the top buzz was fab he was so in character it was great we got some lovely pictures on our photopass

After this we went on slinky dog it was about 35 mins of a wait and we found it a very short ride but we loved it. We then went and had our pause groumande we were feeling hungry so we bought 2 rolls and crisps between us to keep us going. It was really nice. Afterwards we were walking down the street and we were approached by a cm telling us that the stunt show was about to start so we went straight in to watch it. We enjoyed this especially the part where the man went on fire.

After this we noticed stars in cars had started so we stood in to watch it. We seen Eore, Tiger, Mary poppins, Donald and Daffy  duck and a princess (not sure which one it was because we don't have little girls :) ).

We checked the times for cinamagic, stitch and Disney junior but the English time were over for the day so we took down the times and decided to do them on Saturday. After this we went on cars this was so cool. Then Tara and Alex decided to go on Crush Coaster because he had seen it on the way in and really wanted to go on it but Calum said no way. The wait for it was 45 mins. so me and Calum went on parachute jump again cause we loved it so much. We were out on done in time to see Tara and Alex on crush coaster. Alex loved it but said it was a bit scary ;D. After we decided to go back on parachute jump again. We done slinky dog again after this and then we did cars again twice because there was no queue.

After this we decided to go for dinner so we went the village and decided on Annettes. We had onion rings and chicken wings as a starter which we shared and burgers for mains it was fab but way too much food.

After we went back to the park to watch dreams and then went shopping afterwards. Then we headed back to the hotel and had a glass of wine in the room while the boys slept.

Lavi

Your trip report is such a pleasant read!  Thank you so much for writing it!

It's such a great idea this sisters/cousins trip!

michaelj1973

I do like your pics seems like you and your family had a great time.

Shirley

Quote from: Lavi lin:-) k=topic=19574.msg274420#msg274420 date=1444055470
Your trip report is such a pleasant read!  Thank you so much for writing it!

It's such a great idea this sisters/cousins trip!

Thank you for reading :-) Yeah we are really close were more like best friends and because of this our boys are very close too :-) It was really nice sharing the experience of been in Disney for the first time with them. It  just made it more magical :-)

Shirley

Quote from: michaelj1973 on October 05, 2015, 06:12:49 PM
I do like your pics seems like you and your family had a great time.
Thank you for reading. We really had a brilliant time. Hoping to get the next few days up overthe weekend :-)

Shirley

Sorry if I go on a bit on this one and have lots of pictures but this is the special day as it was my little mans birthday and the reason for us coming to Disney. It was booked before his 5th birthday so we wanted to make it extra special which it was.

Day 5:
We got up early and went for our 7.30 breakfast we were put in the other room can't think of what its called. I have to say I much preferred the Parkside diner as I found this place a bit bland and lacking of Disney magic, but we had a fab breakfast as usual and when we were done we went to our room and got our bag and headed for the park for EMH. We reached the park for 8.30 and went straight to City Hall to get Calum's birthday badge. The CM was really nice and made a big deal about it being his birthday and him being 6 he was delighted  :). We walked straight through the castle and the boys saw costumes in the shop next to it. They both decided on knight costumes and they bought shields and swords  we also bought a few bits. Tara bought a Belle hair brush and a Belle jewellery box for her 12 year old daughter cause she had pre-warned us to get her Belle stuff cause that is her favourite princess. We used the shop delivery service to get the stuff delivered to our hotel, well minus the knight costumes the boys put them on straight away and decided to see if they could pull the sword out of the rock.

Calum then decided because he was a brave knight and was now a big 6 that he was brave enough to go see the dragon under the castle so we headed there. He was very brave and went straight in. They said they were going to "slay the dragon" :).

After the dragon was slayed ;D we headed for our favourite rides Buzz. The sign said there was a 5 min wait but we actually walked straight on. After we got our picture on our photo pass we looked awful as usual but the boys looked cute.

We spent the whole time trying to figure out where the camera was but we couldn't find it  ;). After this we went on Orbitron and there was no queue either.

After this we went on its a small world again cause Alex loved it so much and there was no queue we then went on Le Pays des Contes de Fees and we seen Casey jr and decided we wanted to do this next. Ten minute wait and we were on it. After this Calum said he wanted to see Captain EO again cause he tuck a liking to the flying cat/rat/rabbit thing in the film :D. Then we did star tours again but Alex wasn't very keen but went along and told us after. We then went on Autopia and the boys loved driving the cars even toby had a turn.

(as you might have noticed Toby is in every picture.Cal has his since he was born and he goes everywhere with him). We then went back on Buzz.

It was getting close to 2 o'clock at this stage and we had Inventions booked for lunch so we made our way over to the Disney hotel to find Inventions. We arrived a bit early and decided to go on in and while we were checking in Mickey passed by and seen us and came out to us. He pointed out that it was Calum's birthday and was messing with the boys and gave them hi-5s and made us feel welcome.

We were shown to our table. It was very quiet there was only one other family there, a mother, a father, a grandmother and a small baby. Others came later. First character was Daffney, she was very sweet and nice to the boys we got lovely photos.

We ordered wine cause it was a special occasion Calum ordered a coke and Alex ordered a bottle of water cause that's all he drinks.  Next out was Mickey he messed with the boys and got them to do posses for photos they were quiet shy.

We all really enjoyed our food even Calum who hadn't really eaten a lot since we got here cause he didn't like "French food"  :) :). Next came Remi and Emmie Calum got very excited when he seen them and said its Ratatioulle and the CM said that's the name of the film what's their names and none of us knew. I had looked on sky movies while we were watching all our Disney movies before we went and it wasn't on it so we didn't get to see it.

Just as we were finished eating Mickey came out again and noticed that the boys were dressed as knights and challenged Alex to a sword fight he used Calum's sword after he then challenged Calum. Afterwards he then anointed them knights and poised for loads of photos.

The boys really enjoyed this and this was the best interaction they had with the characters because it made them come out of their shyness and relax which hadn't happened up to this. So we were delighted. Then Remi and Emmie came out with Calum's cake and sang happy birthday to him. He was trilled .

We ate the yummy ice cream cake and the CM asked us if we wanted to keep the cork from the bottle of wine cause Disneyland Paris was written on it and we were delighted :D. Calum asked the cm what was the name model boat in the restaurant but no one knew?????   After we walked down through the hotel took some pictures

Then went back to the park. I had a little dance on main street with Alex and Calum.

We then took some pictures of the boys sitting on the bench in front of the lion king. Next we headed to Adventureland, we went into Aladin's cave.

Alex decided to have a rub of the lamp and Cal thought Toby should have a rub to just to see if he could unleash the genie

We then went to Le Cabane des Robinson after this we went on the pirate gallon the boys loved this as they love pirates and they sword fought.

Next we went through the caves.

After this we came across Pirates of Caribbean by chance and decided to try it. There was no queue so we walked straight on, once on we panicked slightly cause it went up and up and up and we thought what goes up must come down so we were slightly scared for the boys but they loved as did we cause it wasn't so fast. So we went straight back on it and this we relaxed and enjoyed all the scenery cause it was amazing.

We looked around the shop and then headed back for dreams. We watched dreams from the right hand side right next to the barrier again it was amazing and different. We loved it as usual. After it was over we headed for buffalo bills for the 9 o'clock show. We loved the pre- show and getting our hats. But have to be quiet honest here and say that the main show wasn't what we had expected cause we had been to the pirate adventure show in Majorca and was expecting a bit more. We would have been more disappointed if we had to have paid full price. The food was ok but not great and the CM kept passing us by with drinks but we made the most of it.

When we got back to the hotel there was a card and balloon's for Calum for his birthday as well as the usual chocolate Disney coins on our pillows. He was delighted :)

Within seconds we were all asleep ready for another day.