Paris Du Nord to DLP

Started by loulou, September 17, 2015, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou

Hey everyone,

I am due to go to Paris on dec 1st Xmas shopping and would like to incorporate a visit to Disney village the next day to get some Xmas decorations......just one question.... How do I get there????  I have either flown or gotten the direct Eurostar to DLP in the past.

I am getting the Eurostar to Paris Du Nord and need to know how? How much? And how long it would take to get there?

Cheers ears xxx
When you wish upon a star

michaelj1973

There is a metro line and a railroad station next to village.
When I visited dlp a long time ago I wend by metro from gare du nord.
Just switching metro at chattelet du hall. (Hope I spelled it correctly )

stifle

From Gare du Nord I would get line 5 to Oberkampf then line 9 to Nation and pick up the RER A to Marne la Vallée. You can do it in one change via Chatelet Les Halles but that station is awful, it has about eight lines and it's huge and confusing.

DisneyRon

My personal route is the one that stifle marked as awful. ;)

Take the RER B to Châtelet Les Halles, then board the RER A to Marne-la-Vallée.
This should actually be easy, as the RER A and B depart across from each other at Châtelet Les Halles.
No need to even enter the actual station, which is indeed quite confusing, as it's massive.

So as you exit the RER B, walk across the platform and wait for the RER A there. It's probably already sitting on the platform, should you miss it, the next one will arrive in 5-10 minutes. :)

Just make sure you're getting in the one going in the correct direction. ;)

loulou

Thanks everyone, I've downloaded the rer map, it quite confusing haha.

How long does the trip take and how many euros does it cost?x
When you wish upon a star

DisneyRon

Quote from: loulou on September 19, 2015, 12:06:51 AM
Thanks everyone, I've downloaded the rer map, it quite confusing haha.

How long does the trip take and how many euros does it cost?x

One way Train Ticket Disneyland® Paris (Paris-Marne la Vallée) / Adult is €8,40
http://booking.parisinfo.com/z6200e2x26827m466g3727_uk-ratp-transport.aspx

It takes about 45 minutes to get from Gare du Nord to Marne la Vallée, assuming you get all your connections.

stifle

It's actually €7.60 according to www.ratp.fr who operate the trains. Children up to 10 are half price.

(For whatever reason RATP charges less to buy tickets at the station than online sales through third parties.)

DisneyRon

Quote from: stifle on September 19, 2015, 12:03:04 PM
It's actually €7.60 according to www.ratp.fr who operate the trains. Children up to 10 are half price.

(For whatever reason RATP charges less to buy tickets at the station than online sales through third parties.)

:o ok, that is odd indeed. Usually buying tickets online is cheaper... Good to know.