So excited!!!

Started by seraphelle, September 18, 2015, 12:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraphelle

So after umming and ahhhing about it for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages I have just bitten the bullet and bought AP's. I know the next year is going to be a bit slim on the rides side what with all the refurbs and so on, but the thought of not going back until 2017 was seriously bringing me down. I wish I were joking, but I'm not. I have been close to tears looking at our trip photos and knowing we can't *really* afford to go back for a while.

So I got my calculator out  ;)

I have worked out flight prices, hotels, and the cost of the AP's (without Inventions / Auberge / BBWWS like we normally do). And it turns out we can afford a cheeky little trip in November ;D ;D ;D ;D and perhaps a cheeky one in May / June next year, and hopefully even one more before the AP's run out next year. Looking at Kyriad / Dream Castle / Explorers, but once finances improve might see what the room only prices are like with AP discount.

I'm so happy I could burst.

The hard part now, will be not telling the children just yet!!!!

For those of you that have stayed off-site, any tips?
Is it walk-able to the parks from these hotels?
Are the last shuttles at night back from the village crazy busy? We're thinking staying for Dreams and then a few cheeky drinks in BillyBobs before heading back to the hotel maybe.
Any preferences for one Hotel over another?

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

never2old

Congratulations!!! Great decision

I only wish we'd gotten ours earlier, we'd saved so much money!! Only down side of having our APs is that we never stay onsite, prices simply don't compete... I do miss staying in the Disney hotels, but I prefer to visit more often ;) 

We need to renew our APs in November, I'm already working to convince my DH we need to renew again - the 6 months free (i.e 18 months for the price of 12) are a big incentive!!

We've stayed quite a few times now in the Hipark; their full price is on the high side but we normally manage to find deals (either booking early, or through special offers) that work out around between 100 and 150 EUR a night for a suite (with a living room / kitchen and a separate bedroom) - with a little child it's perfect. It's probably a 10 minute walk to the park; there's also a free shuttle, but we usually drive and park in the Disney Village (2.50 EUR with an AP, except on Sundays, totally worth it because you're so close to the parks!!!) or in the parks parking (free with the AP).

Our daughter is still young (she's now 4) so apartment like hotels work out great for us, it means we can have a simple dinner (and save some money) in the hotel, and get her to bed while we can stay up a bit longer and watch TV. We've also stayed in the Park & Suites Prestige but prefer the Hipark - it's nicer, more comfortable, and a lot closer.

twentythingamabobs

Hi Seraphelle, it is lush having an AP! I love handing over my AP in the shops and seeing the price go down haha!

I agree with Never2old, the HiPark is lovely and a good way to save money on breakfasts etc. I did not like the Park and Suites Prestige purely because it is not walkable and the shuttle bus was definitely unreliable!

seraphelle

You two have just saved me about £80. Thanks so much for recommendations  ;D ;D ;D Looks like it'll be the Hipark after all.

Have you used the train to get there? I think if we get the TGV from CDG to Marne le Vallee then we can jump on the RER A to Val D'Europe is that right? Is this the quickest way to get there? I'm debating not taking hold luggage and just taking cabin luggage so we can just zip in and out, might do it so I have a bag, hubby has a bag, and eldest has a bag, then take a spare rucksack or something as the little ones cabin luggage to fill with goodies to bring back  ;D ;D ;D

squiggly2902

The residhome at VDE is right next door to the station, it only takes a couple of mins to Disney and you can be in the park quicker than if you were staying at a Disney hotel!  We've also stayed in the adagio which we loved but it was a 10 min walk to the station in the morning (20 min+to the parks) as the shuttle doesn't run early enough for EMH.  I think the Serris is just around the corner from the Adagio. 

twentythingamabobs

I've never used the train, so would be interested in if others have done it. We just the free shuttle from marine le Vallee which drops you off just up the road from HiPark. It is free and runs frequently, I put the shuttle times in another thread a few days ago but can't remember which one!!

myburgeoning

yay! we find our passes worth it!
Explorer's hotel can be low cost on certain nights, about 109 Euro.  However, we booked 3 nights at Cheyenne for that same price last week with our passes! Free buses to the hotels. Breakfast at Explorers or Disney hotels helps.
The walking plan to Val D'Europe was linked in the forum where someone asked about budget eats.

seraphelle

samuelvictor

We've stayed at the Explorer's and the Adagio - both off site partner hotels and both excellent. Its easily walkable to the parks from any of the hotels in Val D'Europe - I'm guessing it's similar from the hotels on the other side too. You can get some really amazing deals on the partner hotels (or even non-partner ones that are nearby) with Expedia...

seraphelle

It's all booked and finalised  ;D ;D ;D

Ended up getting the AP's and the flights and the hotel (Adagio won in the end as HiPark price has leaped higher) for 4 nights and 5 days at £1050. I'm so chuffed, couldn't have done it without all the advice and tips on here, and I've been twice before and am kicking myself as to how much I could have saved lol.

Can't wait to see what bargains I can get in future for the odd cheeky trip over  ;D

Big love to you all that helped me out with this trip  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

andlorna

We bought annual passes last year and used them 5 times. We stayed in the Hipark which is handy for the park if you decide you walk takes about 15 mins. The summer months we stayed by the outdoor pool in the morning and then went into the park in the afternoon. We drove so packed the car with all the food we needed for our stay ie breakfast, snacks etc.
There is a big shopping centre about a 10 min walk with a big supermarket.
We booked via booking.com who have great offers and you don't have to pay until you get there.
We are planning to get annual passes again for 2017 not getting them next year due to many rides closed.
Make sure you get somebody to sponsor you this will save you money also. They are always plenty of people on here that will be willing to meet you to do that.

PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

never2old

You realise of course that after you get your APs, you'll spend your life looking at possible dates for the next quick trip....  ;)

seraphelle

Quote from: never2old on October 02, 2015, 04:36:42 PM
You realise of course that after you get your APs, you'll spend your life looking at possible dates for the next quick trip....  ;)

Ahem, I think I have a little more restraint than you're giving me credit for.  :-\

(I'm totally fibbing, I've already been looking   ??? :-[ ;) ;D ;D ;D)