How to wear a PIN safely at DLP?

Started by vuk, September 18, 2015, 10:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuk

Hey. I want to ask - I have a Disney pin of DLP (yet;)). I would wear it on my next trip to the park and the attractions on my backpack. Is it safe? Do you have any tips on how to wear it to lose (loose) or someone stole it?

I do not want to wear a special ribbon to the neck for this thing, because I have a camera on my neck.

michaelj1973

Maybe stupid but you could wear it on your camerastrap?
If you wear it on your backpack and you store your backback at an attraction there is a slim chance it can be stolen.
We have seen people pickpocketing right inside DLP. So there is always a possibility it will happen.
Sadly also inside the "happiest" place on earth theft happends  :(
But I think myself that the chance is very small

vuk

Quote from: michaelj1973 on September 18, 2015, 11:28:45 AM
Maybe stupid but you could wear it on your camerastrap?
If you wear it on your backpack and you store your backback at an attraction there is a slim chance it can be stolen.
We have seen people pickpocketing right inside DLP. So there is always a possibility it will happen.
Sadly also inside the "happiest" place on earth theft happends  :(
But I think myself that the chance is very small

Thank you for answer! It never occurred to me to put it on the ribbon from the camera  :-[

polar vixen

it is possible to buy hip lanyards on ebay or from America, they have a clip which attaches to a waistband or something similar and is extendable

vuk

Quote from: polar vixen on September 18, 2015, 01:43:58 PM
it is possible to buy hip lanyards on ebay or from America, they have a clip which attaches to a waistband or something similar and is extendable

Thank you! Maybe i go without pin for peace of mind.

HildeKitten

I've never had a pin stolen at Disneyland Paris, I nearly lost one in Star Tours once because it was on my bag and got stuck in the netting of the bag holders in there, but that's hardly anyone's fault.
I've luckily never been pickpocketted in DLP (and hopefully I never will be!) BUT I have had an umbrella stolen a couple of years ago.
I had hung it from the back of my chair in Annette's, and when we went to leave it was suddenly gone.
Very uncool, because it wasn't a cheap umbrella either XD
Ever since I put my umbrella on my chair first and my coat over it rather than the other way around.