Dapper Day anyone?

Started by myburgeoning, September 17, 2015, 10:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myburgeoning

Is anyone going to Dapper Day? I've always wanted to go (I'm usually in the US), and we just added days to our trip and will be there next weekend during Dapper Days!
Tips if you have gone.
What might you wear if you are going (dreaming of going)?
Thanks!

polar vixen

I hope someone dresses up! My daughter and I dressed up for the rock and roll fetival. We were the only ones! Not another seen in 3 days wih a rockabilly skirt on

HildeKitten

There's actually already a Dapper Day topic (forum search before starting a new topic is your friend :P).

The program and such for Dapper Day has been out for a bit, it's on the website, but I think that more info is in that older topic too :)

Even though I'd love to just stick to the original topic (I'm sorry if that sounds snarky, but it's a massive pet peeve of mine that there's multiple threads on the same topic so often), there's one thing I'd like to say.
The way DLP often does an absolutely crap job of promoting events, whether they are by them or not (such as the rock 'n roll fest and Dapper Day), I'm not actually surprised hardly anyone shows up dressing up for it.
As you can read in the original Dapper Day topic, when DLP was contacted about an item on the Dapper Day planning, they had absolutely NO clue what the event was and what was going on.

I just REALLY hope that they bothered to brief staff about people dressing in dieselpunk/retro/contemporary chic fashions that day and it being ok, because I can just imagine the misery otherwise. Especially at the gate.

But what I can gather from the Dapper Day fb page, there are plenty of people planning on dressing up.

stifle

As Dapper Day is completely independent of DLP I would not expect them to know much about it, much less promote it.

HildeKitten

DLP still has to approve it going on though, considering it involves a lot of people showing up in retro fashions.

That aside, here's one simple reason for DLP to promote it:
MONEY!
If they promote the event, even by doing a simple thing such as listing it on their events page, they could attract people that would go simply for the nature of the event.
Every single person showing up just because it's Dapper Day, means money for DLP.
Simple as that really ;)