All this closures and refurbishment :(

Started by vuk, September 17, 2015, 09:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo68

I came back Monday, yes there were some green fencing up and a bit of scaffolding.
Did it spoil our trip?? NO!
What stood out more was miserable looking people, just enjoy the Disney Magic!!
worth every pound and yes we will be going back next Easter. Anyone want to cash in their holiday let me know!!!!
Didn't notice closed restaurants while we were there certainly Disney village was buzzing and everything was open.

pasxalis1987

Dude i'm telling you, you got yourself 2 parks!!!!!!Cooooome oooooooooon!!!!!!
Plus, when you go there, it will be Halloween!I really really really want to be in there during this time of the year! I was there in 2013 for the Halloween and it was fantastic!!!!! REALLY!!!!!I mean....the before before my departure, i almost cried!I didnt want to leave the place!

Don't let a couple of closures/refubs ruin your experience!
THe atmosphere will be fantastic (thats guaranteed), the parades are an absolute joy.....and the disney dreams show with the fireworks.....GOD I LOVE IT!

And yes when we were there a few attractions were closed.....But as i told you, i didn't want to leave the place.
Especially if it's your first time visiting the parks,believe me, you will fall in love with it!

;D

Zee79

Quote from: HildeKitten on September 17, 2015, 06:34:10 PM
Wait, is the lake already drained?
I thought they weren't draining it 'till AFTER they closed down Big Thunder Mountain for the refurb.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Insidedlp posted a picture yesterday I think  showing the river boat landing and caption saying closed earlier than planned so I don't know if this means they are planning to drain it now. It's good if they are doing refurbs earlier & quicker than planned but not good for visitors who have panned trips around the dates.

At the mo for my daughters school trip there is supposedly only the railroad, IASW & BTM confirmed shut. She upset about BTM & IASW because she really wanted to show her friend this with it being her first trip but she not devastated because as she said " I'm going at Xmas & you have to stay in England mam! Hahaha" she is just excited to be going.

vuk

HildeKitten

thank you everyone for replying about the lake! :)

vuk

Quote from: HildeKitten on September 18, 2015, 09:24:05 PM
thank you everyone for replying about the lake! :)

I do not know if drained lake before November. I hope not. I watch the internet and so far not write about it. I hope that the fences around the lake can be up to Halloween.

HildeKitten

@vuk: at this point the lake is drained (as other people said previously in reply to my question). I don't know when they will put water back in and the riverboats will be going again.

vuk

Quote from: HildeKitten on September 18, 2015, 10:48:01 PM
@vuk: at this point the lake is drained (as other people said previously in reply to my question). I don't know when they will put water back in and the riverboats will be going again.

:'( :'( :'(

vuk

Do not know please if you will be in early October opened a rope bridge at Adventureland? Have you seen any new pictures drained lake in Frontierland?

Ethan040

It wasn't drained on Friday? Do you mean the giant lake the riverboat ride is on?

There where a few things closed when I was there last week but it was still brilliant the place is amazing, we spend more time walking about and meeting characters than on rides, there's so much more there than the rides, the place is open all year it amazes me how they manage to keep it looking so good.

andrewuk

We can't have our cake and eat it! We either have a sparkling resort but accept that the fences will be up and the closures happening or have a crumbling resort with no fences up and limited closures. Too much has been left to get old for too long and now they are fixing it so we'll just have to put up with a bit more than what will be usual for the next couple of years. But it will be so exciting to see all these improvements gradually emerge...
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Ohana

A few weeks ago I was beside myself about all the closures, and it was really putting a dampener on how I felt about the trip. I've adopted a different outlook now; it's my first time visiting so nothing will take from the magic of that I'm sure. Any ride closures just means more time to repeat other ones and while it sucks, there's nothing that can be done. It'll still be magical and I can't wait to go. Still quite sad that IASW is shut but I'm sure I can go on it when it reopens/on trips to other Disneys whenever they may be.

I just hope the castle isn't surrounded by scaffolding... that really would be pants.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel