Newbie to DLP - thinking of one of the two budjet hotels, which one and why?

Started by Peanut67, September 12, 2015, 10:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanut67

We have only been once before around 2002, and I spent the whole time comparing it to WDW, which I think a lot of people do.  Going to give it another try after reading lots of trip reports.  We are a family of 3 and will hopefully be travelling 29 March through to 2nd April..  we are thinking of one of the two budget hotels, any pros and cons.  Last time we went we stayed in Sequouia Lodge, I loved the feel of it and where we were. Would we be better going here again? I welcome any input.
Thanks
Angie

littlebitofpixiedust

The sequioa lodge is lovely it's a 3* if I'm not mistaken?

The Santa fe/Cheyenne are 2* I prefer Cheyenne theming (wild west) Santa fe is cars which my son loves. I think these are both cheaper options but sequioa in my opinion a little nicer.

Ive been lucky enough to stay at all on-site hotels and love them all theyre all unique  :) the Newport bay club wouldn't be much in price difference to the sequioa I don't think, but hotel new York and Disneyland hotel would be quite a bit more but you get hot breakfast. I'm sure you'll enjoy which ever you choose.

samuelvictor

We've stayed in both the Cheyenne and Santa Fe - they are both nice hotels - basic, but clean, and have everything you need. The cowboy town layout of the Cheyenne is probably more unique a Disney experience, but the Cars theming in the Santa Fe since the refurb is nice too, especially if your kids are fans of the franchise. Both are an equal distance from the parks so the walk / shuttle is the same. The breakfast is also identical.

One thing to bear in mind is that the standard room in the Santa Fe is two double beds, and standard in the Cheyenne is one double and bunk beds. When my kids were younger, they could share a double without disturbing each otehr, but once they got older the bunk beds were a more suitable choice. It depends on who is going to be sharing a room in your party as to which would be better for you.

In all honesty, yes the more expensive hotels are nicer, but how much time are you planning on spending in your room? We always consider a more expensive hotel, but then decide we'd rather spend the extra money on a longer stay, or have more spending money :D