buses back to hotel at park closing?

Started by efh2015, August 20, 2015, 06:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efh2015

We're staying in the cheyenne, and I was wondering; is Disney Village still open after the park closes, for us to walk back to the hotel, or is it easier to just get the shuttle bus? If so, where do the buses depart from, and is it massively crowded when the park closes?

DisneyRon

Quote from: efh2015 on August 20, 2015, 06:35:37 PM
We're staying in the cheyenne, and I was wondering; is Disney Village still open after the park closes, for us to walk back to the hotel, or is it easier to just get the shuttle bus? If so, where do the buses depart from, and is it massively crowded when the park closes?

Disney Village (and the bars and such within it) stays open for quite a while after park close, it's basically a normal publicly accessible entertainment district. :) You can walk through it to the hotel with no problem at all.

Wedmad

The village and most of its shops restaurants and bars are open until at least 11pm and most of the time midnight some time a little latter at peak times.

You can walk though at any time back to the hotels.

The buses depart from a stand by the railway station which is just across from the entrance to the village. Buses can be busy at park closing/end of dreams, we normally walk but at the end of a long day it can be worth waiting to save the tired legs!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: efh2015 on August 20, 2015, 06:35:37 PMWe're staying in the cheyenne, and I was wondering; is Disney Village still open after the park closes, for us to walk back to the hotel, or is it easier to just get the shuttle bus? If so, where do the buses depart from, and is it massively crowded when the park closes?

Sure last time I was there Disney village was open until around midnight? But I guess it could vary through the times of year ect. I'd always opt for the walk back to the Cheyenne it's quite pleasant I definately wouldn't attempt the bus at closing time it will be chaotic.

Just walk up through Disney village and follow signs to Cheyenne and Santa fe there opposite one another. It doesn't take very long 10-15 mins and you'd probably wait longer for a shuttle bus especially after Disney dreams show. Enjoy your trip

sarahh83

when we stayed at cheyenne we never once used the shuttle, its a nice walk along the path

last year we decided one evening to catch the shuttle back to santa fe, we waited 20 mins for a shuttle as it was busy - it would have been quicker to walk back!
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

norhel

I would imagine that the buses run for quite some time after park closing. But as others have said, it probably would be easier/quicker to walk back to the hotel than to take the bus.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

chicks99

Is it possible to walk from Dream Castle to the park?

Mileto

It's may be possible, but it's too long. It's a 10 minutes drive. How long is that on foot?
There is a free shuttle running from the hotel, why not use it?

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Mileto on August 26, 2015, 12:05:57 PM
It's may be possible, but it's too long. It's a 10 minutes drive. How long is that on foot?

A 10 minute drive to Dream Castle? How do you drive?
I drive in 10 minutes to Premiere Classe in Torcy.
To Dream Castle it's like a 3-4 minute drive.

Yes it's possible to walk. It's about 15 minutes.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

chicks99

Quote from: DLRPWonders on August 26, 2015, 01:36:41 PM
Quote from: Mileto on August 26, 2015, 12:05:57 PM

A 10 minute drive to Dream Castle? How do you drive?
I drive in 10 minutes to Premiere Classe in Torcy.
To Dream Castle it's like a 3-4 minute drive.

Yes it's possible to walk. It's about 15 minutes.

Fabulous thank you! :)

Mileto- the reason I ask is we are planning on meeting friends in the Disney village and the bus won't be running at the time we want to go home (I believe) :)

samuelvictor

Yes you can walk to Dream Castle - its a comparitively safe and flat walk. I'd guess 20-25 minutes though. Have a look on google maps for the route ;)

As for Cheyenne and Disney Village, as others have said, the Village stays open til midniht usually and its often easier and more pleasant to walk there - last trip we did we walked every day except one when we were especially tired :)