Child with allergies

Started by EssexDisney, August 27, 2015, 03:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EssexDisney

Hi,

I've had a good read through the previous threads about people's experiences of taking kids with food allergies to DLP.

My 3 year old has a milk allergy and looking at the breakfast options she should be fine. However, the lunch/dinner options look a bit limited and I'm not sure if she'd eat what's on offer.

Does anyone know if the restaurants (either Disney or partner ones) will allow us to take a tupperware container in with her dinner if the other three of us are purchasing meals?

Do many of the restaurants have microwaves available to the public to use (assume some must have for heating bottles/baby food etc).

Thanks in advance.

RockNRoller

I've certainly seen microwaves available in the hotels over breakfast so would assume they are available during other meal times. Never seen one in any of the Disney Village restaurants but I have seen tupper ware boxes handed to staff for heating in the kitchen.
My wife has a bad nut allergy and as soon as we have told the staff they go out of their way to accommodate that.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

HildeKitten

I think that if you explain the severity of your daughter's allergies it won't be an issue.
I imagine that all restaurants have microwaves in the kitchen, so you could just ask them to heat up the meal for her if you can't find anything she'd like to eat (and that she can eat) on the menu.

stifle

No problem at all in counter service restaurants and in many cases the microwaves are in the seating area.

In table service they will probably suggest you choose from the dishes without the specified allergen, or offer to prepare something particularly for you.

Starburst

My son is allergic to dairy egg soya and wheat, when we went last year i gave him the chocolate chip cake not realising it had egg in it and he was really poorly for the last day in there, i have emailed for our next trip and been told to ring customer services and let them know, i presume we will get some kind of card to allow us to bring food in, we wont be risking it again for him

polar vixen

we found it sooooo much better this year, we were allowed to use our tea time treat vouchers for a fresh fruit cup( on the basis that our children were allergic to gluten and milk) and all the restaurants, even the buffets had a folder , usually at the reception desk (where you're allovated your table, with a list of every dish and all its allergens, it was fantastic, actually pleasantly surpising how much the kids could eat

stifle

Quote from: Starburst on September 28, 2015, 07:27:35 PM
My son is allergic to dairy egg soya and wheat, when we went last year i gave him the chocolate chip cake not realising it had egg in it and he was really poorly for the last day in there, i have emailed for our next trip and been told to ring customer services and let them know, i presume we will get some kind of card to allow us to bring food in, we wont be risking it again for him
You do not need any card to bring food in — only things like picnic hampers are prohibited.