Hey all, little help please :)

Started by LittleElf, June 16, 2017, 06:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleElf

Hey, so i am going to disney this year and im going to propose to my girlfriend there, my question is.....

What is the security like?, will i be able to get the ring through without her seeing it etc
Are there metal dectectors and whatnot?

Would really appreciate any information/help/advice

:)

dlpowl

Yes, you do walk through a metal detector type archway, like at the airport, so I definitely wouldn't have the ring on you just in case. If the ring were to set the alarm off you would have to get it out and show them which would obviously ruin your surprise.   I would take a bag, like a small rucksack or something, put the ring in its box, and then into your bag.  Your bag will go through the bag scanner and there's no reason why they would stop you for a ring in a box.  Your bag should go through without a problem.

Have you thought about where or how you're going to propose?  I've seen and heard lots of stories but my favourite was one that happened whilst the couple were meeting Mickey Mouse (which would be in the Meet Mickey pavilion).  The PhotoPass photographer is there anyway and they captured the whole thing on camera in a series of photographs.  You could also take a video camera and ask the cast member to film your interaction with the character but obviously, they would be capturing the proposal too!  Good luck, and please come back and tell us what you did and how it went!

Mattj500

I spent 4 days there with a ring in my rucksack that no-one knew about, trying to get her accross to the wishing well on a pretext. Ended up trying to get us in one tea cup and the kids in another for some privacy. Work out if public, private or with a character is best for you, then check the map for the right place. Best of luck

LittleElf

Thanks guys

Looks like i will be taking a bag then! Haha

I have not decided where im going to do it yet, im pretty open to private or public, just depends what i think is the best one really

Do you guys have any suggestions of places in the park that might work?, i have not been since i was a kid and im 26 now so it was a while ago haha

I have thought about the obvious two, outside the castle and during fireworks.
She loves phantom manor though so outside that has crossed my mind, whats the ride like, would it be possible on the ride?

She also lovesssss stitch, do they have any stitch stuff in the parks?

Thanks again guys :)

LittleElf

Also, with the rucksack

Did you have to leave it while on rides?, or could you take it on with you?, id be abit worried about just leaving it on the floor kinda thing.

claire2281

Quote from: LittleElf on June 17, 2017, 03:41:01 PM
Also, with the rucksack

Did you have to leave it while on rides?, or could you take it on with you?, id be abit worried about just leaving it on the floor kinda thing.

You take bags on all rides except RC Racer where they get left in a cage whilst you ride it (no one else has access to it during this time as there's only one car).
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

ZoeG

I would defo suggest in front of the castle too!

I know it seems obvious, but there is a reason for that! It's just so romantic!! Inside the castle is pretty nice too. the fireworks sound good but the only thing I am thinking is that the noise could perhaps overshadow anything you wish to say?

There is a really romantic bar in the Disneyland hotel that do really nice cocktails. When we had dinner in there there was a pianist playing some Disney tunes. Do you know her favourite Disney song? I wonder if you could arrange to have the pianist play a particular song at a certain time?

So many options!!! Good luck and hope it goes as planned!  ;D

seraphelle

Awwww this is lovely! If she has a favourite character I agree it would be cool to get them involved if it is someone you can meet - they would love this, too!

I think it'd be nice if it the ring came out with her dessert in one of the fancier restaurants, perhaps Auberge du Cendrillon? If you pop and see them or a concierge and explain what you want to do they'll help you out all they can  ;D ;D ;D Princesses love helping other Princesses get their Prince  ;D ;D ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Slimy yet satisfying

You will be fine with the ring through a metal detector in the park. Designed to be set off by base metals so a gold, platinum or silver ring will be ok...unless it is tin of course????!!!!!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

dlpowl

OMG if she loves Stitch then how about Stitch Live?  It's an interactive show with Stitch on a screen but it's voiced live.  During the show they pick various adults and kids out of the audience and talk to them.  If you tell the cast member before you go in that you want to propose and ask could Stitch help then I'm sure they would do their best to accommodate you!  The cast member who voices Stitch chooses people from the audience so if someone could tip him off, he could choose you and you could propose in front of Stitch!   OMG that would be amazing!  It's difficult to explain how Stitch Live works to someone who hasn't seen it but honestly, it would be epic and it would work really well with the show.