Weather this week

Started by Ork1927, June 17, 2017, 07:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ork1927

Hi

Off to stay for a week tomorrow and while I shouldn't moan that it's going to be very sunny all week, I'm a bit worried how the kids will cope (4 & 7) in what looks like 30 degrees plus all day every day.

Any advice bar sun cream, hats, water sprays??

Specifically with the Studios - what's the best bet for Ratatouille and Crushes Coaster to avoid the massive queue time  as much as possible -  get to the park as early as possible and hope it opens early or go near closing time?

claire2281

Ratatouille has a fastpass so definitely use that and you'll cut the queue entirely. Once you get under the covered section of the queue, Crush is fine even when it's hot.

You can get quite decent hand held fans (the usually charge off USB) for not too much money.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

rocker

Always big queues at HS for both rides & they stay long all day.  I've never seen Crush at less than an hour!

I always do the same thing...be at the gates by 9.15.  Gates open at 9.30.  Run to Crush, which they actually start a bit before 10, then straight from Crush down to Ratatouille, grab fast passes, then straight in for a ride without fast pass as there is still a short queue at this point, come back at fast pass time again (usually around 11-11.30), & before going in, grab more Ratatouille fast passes.  So this way, I always get a go on Crush & 3 goes on Ratatouille when in HS. 

Also, after 1st go on Ratatouille, nip straight over & get a go on the parachutes as this tends to be 45 mins plus all day, for what is a fun, but very short ride, but much shorted at the start of the day.

That's my formula for HS success, hope it works for you.

PS - You MUST go see Mickey & the Magician in HS - it really is brilliant :-)

polar vixen

They have some lovely water most pipes near the toilets  by tram tour in the studios and just near the boarding for the keel board in frontierland. So refreshing to stand under for a few minutes! Highest temps of the day were around 3 till 7 so c.o wider going for a swim or eating at these times.