September Auditions

Started by MaddieMermaidxo, August 20, 2015, 08:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaddieMermaidxo

Hello! I am new to these forums though I have stumbled across them a few times.
I am posting about the September Disneyland Paris Auditions which I'll be attending!
This will be my third Disneyland Paris audition, and I was after some advice on how I can get noticed more! I have never been past the animation round unfortunately, on my first audition my nerves got the better of me and I messed up, but in my second I felt my animation went really well and I had performed with my face and made huge movements! I think the two casting directors were unsure whether to put me through as I was the first person in the line and they were arguing over the first piece of paper for ages, so much that the song changed, so they just made a quick decision and unfortunately I was cut!
I don't know for certain whether it was me or not but I really want them to notice me next time so I atleast get through to the dance which I know I will do well at. Shall I make bigger movements?! I don't want to look so over the top that I'm tiring myself out haha!
Also, do they ever hire princesses who may be 1cm under the required height?! I'm not sure they'd see me as a princess but I'd hate to miss out on the opportunity as I'm 1cm too short...
Anyway, I've rambled long enough! Let me know your experiences and if you'll be attending these auditions aswell!

JAKKO

Hi!

I recently passed after auditioning seven times for them! From what I've learnt, they are always looking for something different so no matter how well you do you can still end up getting cut straight away if you're just not what they're looking for that time. It could be down to height, availability dates and maybe looks.

It sounds like you do really well so all I can say is keep going and eventually you'll get there :)

MaddieMermaidxo

Quote from: JAKKO on August 20, 2015, 10:13:55 PM
Hi!

I recently passed after auditioning seven times for them! From what I've learnt, they are always looking for something different so no matter how well you do you can still end up getting cut straight away if you're just not what they're looking for that time. It could be down to height, availability dates and maybe looks.

It sounds like you do really well so all I can say is keep going and eventually you'll get there :)

Wow, congratulations to you! Yeah it is kind of frustrating that you really don't know what they want! I certainly won't give up as you said you never know what they want! Thank you for your advice!!
Not to sound nosy I'm just curious, what happens after the dance round? I know a few people go to wigs and makeup but i've not reaally heard much! Anyway, well done to you!

JAKKO

Hi, thanks very much :D

After the dance round, they ask you to go get your resume and go to this other room where you have to fill out another form similar to the first one, hand that in with your resume, then they take a photo of you. That's basically it really haha. Then they explain the waiting list and how they may never call you then that's it, everyone leaves haha.