Christmas conundrum

Started by thedeeneys@yahoo.co.uk, August 07, 2015, 09:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeneys@yahoo.co.uk

My question is when to go at Christmas. Dates I have free are four days either leading up to day prior to Christmas eve, over Christmas day itself or new year. If I could I'd probably spent the whole two weeks at Disneyland but alas I can't. So please help me decide. I have a dream pass for the 8am starts and crowds are not a problem as I like it busy especially at Christmas adds to the whole magic long as you plan a little.

Thanks for any help in advance

bad-pink-tink

I was at DLP at Christmas 2013. It was really really busy during the day but it was magical walking up Main Street early on Christmas morning for EMH. Thats something very special and unique, to say you were at Disney on Christmas Day :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Zee79

We have stayed before Christmas & over new year. It's a lovely time the Christmas period in DLP, any time is magic I think. We loved New Year & would definitely do it again. It depends on how you are with Christmas day as to whether you want to spend it in Disney. I would like to but knowsome of my family  wouldn't, unless we could get some of their presents there to open haha.

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: Zee79 on August 08, 2015, 10:52:16 AM
I would like to but knowsome of my family  wouldn't, unless we could get some of their presents there to open haha.

We solved this by doing a Skype conversation with my sister and her husband who live in England  on Christmas morning. My mum and I brought unopened presents we had received in the post from my sister. I set up my laptop in the hotel bedroom and we had a virtual opening of presents. This was the second Christmas we had done this, we did it in a previous year at home and it worked really well. You still get to see peoples reactions to their presents and all the fun of seeing what everyone got :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

samuelvictor

We were incredibly lucky and stayed in our around Disney from 18th December 2014 to January 5th this year.

Whilst there is something to be said for the novelty and atmosphere of being in Disney on Christmas day itself, with the options you have and only four days to enjoy your time, I'd actually advise against it. I can safely say that our experience of Christmas day 2014 was sadly almost a complete washout - to us it felt like a wasted day - queues for anything were 2 hours plus and it was literally impossible to get even a half decent view of Dreams or the Parade, even queuing up 2 hours before was fruitless. We tried and failed to find anywhere tow atch Dreams - the people were packed like sardines all the way up mainstreet to the turnstyles! Extremely claustrophobic. Even the shops were too busy to really enjoy your time looking around.

However! the rest of the holiday more than made up for it :D All the days BEFORE the 25th were fine (Christmas eve was busy but not too bad) and from 26th to New Year were fabulous as well, absolutely loved it. It was busy but not too busy, and a great atmosphere. The shows, entertainment, decorations etc are exactly the same for the whole season, there was nothing "unique" that only happened onf Christmas day, so really, every day was Christmas! :)

Therefore with your options, personally I'd go for either the "four days either leading up to day prior to Christmas eve" or New Year. The bonus for being there over New Year would be the extra fireworks and entertainment in the Village - we went and it was a really nice atmosphere and great bonus!