Restaurants booked over the phone

Started by loulou, July 26, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou

Hi,

I have made restaurant bookings over the phone for our trip in August but was wondering where the confirmation is? Do you get it when you check in?

The thing is I have booked restaurants on behalf of my auntie who does not know that we are going out to surprise her and my cousins so have added myself and my mum onto their restaurant reservations. Its in her name and I'm just a little worried that she will find out at check-in (we are not due till the next day)

Everything I have made reservations in the past I have done them at the hotel when we get there. This is the first time booking ahead.

Thanks
When you wish upon a star

stifle

When I booked a reservation over the phone for my last trip I did not get any confirmation, just turned up at the restaurant and gave my name and they said "yes, right this way".

Holmey

I always book over the phone weeks before we go and Ive never received a confirmation so you can relax, just say your name when you get to the restaurant and your name will be down on their list as a reservation.

HildeKitten

The one time I booked a reservation over the phone I just had to show up and say my name as well.
The only issue I had (it was for Café Mickey) is that we had to stand around waiting to get in for 45 minutes in the cold and rain just to be seated, so you may have to prepare to wait before you actually get in and you may have to eat much later than you actually made a reservation for.

When I made a reservation in the park for Agrabah we also had to wait about 15 minutes before we were allowed in, but when we made a reservation for Walt's we were allowed in and seated immediately.
So I suppose that the more high end restaurant you reserve, the less fuss you get. Either that or I was massively unlucky (in any case it put me off Café Mickey for good, that and the horrible food).

George Geef

I can conform what the others have said.

On my recent trip, I booked several restaurants over the phone and didn't get any confirmation for any of them.

I did go to the restaurants beforehand and checked my reservations were ok though. It was a good job that I did this as one of my reservation times was an hour different from when I booked it.  I'm not sure if it was me that made a mistake or the booking, but I found it comforting to check beforehand.  :)

loulou

Thanks everyone, I'm glad our secret won't leak out  :)
When you wish upon a star

justlikeidreamedit

Just been to Sequioa Golden Forest and when we checked in they asked if we had any reservations. They found them on the computer and printed out a reservation slip for each one.

HildeKitten

Quote from: justlikeidreamedit on July 30, 2015, 06:46:45 AM
Just been to Sequioa Golden Forest and when we checked in they asked if we had any reservations. They found them on the computer and printed out a reservation slip for each one.

Oh that's very practical! I think I may make phone reservations in advance and do that too. Well try to at least, hopefully the Cheyenne will offer the same service :)