Princess Pavilion Closure!

Started by CindersFaye, July 25, 2015, 11:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuelvictor

Quote from: CindersFaye on July 25, 2015, 11:05:34 AM
...Also Indiana Jones & Crush's Coaster are also both scheduled to be closed during my trip, are these rides something that I am really missing out on?

Just noticed that now-one seems to have answered this...

Of course it is down to personal preferance as to whether you will miss them... both are quite fast and scary rollercoasters, not my favourite type of ride, so I wouldn't miss them. However, if you are into rollercoasters, you'll still have Rock n Rollercoaster, Space Mountain Mission 2 and Big Thunder Mountain.

The theming of Crush's coaster at the begining is pretty cool, as is the indoor portion of the queuing area, but the queues and waiting times are always very long, with no fast pass or single rider... and once the ride actually starts "proper" its too dark and fast to see much - similar to Space Mountain. Tbh in our last trip we were planning on not bothering with it at all because of the long queues - however we were lucky & Studios Park was open during magic hours, so we did ride it a couple of times. Indiana Jones is a pretty standard design rollercoaster, with some "temple of doom" theming. We never bother with as its not as fun or well themed as Big Thunder Mountain, in our opinion - it's not as immersive as other Indy attractions you may have been on. Others will of course disagree, its down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Regardless of whether you are dissapointed to miss them, there are hundreds of other rides, shows and attractions, and you'll have a great time :D

AlmostThere...

Quote from: vuk on July 26, 2015, 01:46:14 PM
Hello, how works Princess Pavillion reservation right now, please?  ::) Some changes comes after 2012, so i dont understand this new :( Any page with manual, tips or something?  Thank you

Hi when we went last October (half term) you just had to go straight to the pavilion and queue from there (about 2 hours), but when we went before that they were doing the old mill ticket thing.  So maybe they choose the system based on crowds?

Probably best to suss it out the day before you want to meet a princess so you know how early to get there/what to expect.  We basically dedicated the morning for it.... And it was worth it :)
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

AlmostThere...

And about the rides, I haven't done Crush yet (definitely will next trip), Indiana is fun....but like others have said there are loads of other fun things to do.  We did it once last time but I didn't really want to do it again, whereas I did with ratatouille, Peter Pan etc...
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

stifle

There is a single rider line at Crush's Coaster. FastPass was tried but the low ride capacity means it was unsuccessful.

Ohana

I'm so sorry to butt into this, but reading this has got me worried. I was prepared for BTM, Thunder Mesa and Small World closing for my visit in November, but now I'm worried that Crush, Pirates, and Toy Store have no end date confirmed yet?

I'll be extremely annoyed if all of these are shut  :'( anyone any idea at all if they'll be closed for an extended period of time?
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Mileto

Pirates, Crush are not closed for end of November. When are you going?

Pirates is closed 07.9.2015 - 18.9.2015.

And Princess, Indiana and Crush Coaster open again after a short closure on 03.10.2015, Saturday.

Crush Coaster has another closure starting on 02.11.2015, but I still can't see till when. We'll check day by day.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

CindersFaye

Quote from: Mileto on August 06, 2015, 05:20:03 PM

And Princess, Indiana and Crush Coaster open again after a short closure on 03.10.2015, Saturday.

Crush Coaster has another closure starting on 02.11.2015, but I still can't see till when. We'll check day by day.

We are going Sept 27th - 30th, I saw on the disney website that Crush and Pirates are closed on the dates that I am going, link to follow: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/calendars/park-hours/2015-09-27/
Disney Trip - 27th - 30th September - Sequoia Lodge

CindersFaye

Quote from: samuelvictor on August 06, 2015, 01:57:02 AM
Quote from: CindersFaye on July 25, 2015, 11:05:34 AM
...Also Indiana Jones & Crush's Coaster are also both scheduled to be closed during my trip, are these rides something that I am really missing out on?
Regardless of whether you are dissapointed to miss them, there are hundreds of other rides, shows and attractions, and you'll have a great time :D

Thank you so much for telling me your opinions, I'm sure I will still enjoy myself and it may just mean I can fit in some more stuff to do rather than a long queue for something that may not live up to my expectations!
Disney Trip - 27th - 30th September - Sequoia Lodge

Ohana

Quote from: Mileto on August 06, 2015, 05:20:03 PM

I'm going 17-21st November. I really hope Crush isn't shut I was really excited to go on that, I'm already forgoing small world and BTM (on my first visit too, waa).
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Mileto

We'll know the closures for your stay in 13-14 days. Just follow the Christmas thread, I'll write the closures there.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

samuelvictor

Quote from: stifle on August 06, 2015, 12:54:14 PM
There is a single rider line at Crush's Coaster.

Oh, sorry, I stand corrected!  :-[  :-X

rebecca20

The single rider line for Crush has never been open on any of my visits to the Studios. This is really annoying as I genuinely was on my own (other party is disabled and can't ride). I understand that it would get used by groups but how frustrating queuing for 70 minutes!!!

Regarding Indiana Jones - I personally love this ride! I managed to do it 5 times continously (as in I didn't move from my seat) as everyone went to BTM so there was literally no queue for Indi  ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.