Princess Pavilion Closure!

Started by CindersFaye, July 25, 2015, 11:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindersFaye

I am going to Disney in September and DLP Guide didn't state the end date of this closure but DLP Website has stated the entire month and the entire time of my visit!

Does these mean I am unable to visit the princesses? I would love to have seen them but I know many characters don't walk around the parks anymore.  :(

Also Indiana Jones & Crush's Coaster are also both scheduled to be closed during my trip, are these rides something that I am really missing out on?

Many thanks!
Disney Trip - 27th - 30th September - Sequoia Lodge

leeirl

Is the pavilion closing for good or just a refurb?

CindersFaye

Quote from: leeirl on July 25, 2015, 11:29:11 AM
Is the pavilion closing for good or just a refurb?

It is just a refurb I do believe and opening again some point mid Oct

polar vixen

When is it scheduled to close?  I didn't know anything about this

DLPWonders (Banned)

The Princess Pavillion is only closed for 3 weeks: September 14th until October 3rd.
During the closing of Princess Pavilion you can meet the Princesses at Royal Castle Stage
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

daddyof2

I nearly had a heart attack - we didn't go to the pavilion last year but are considering doing one meet in October

leeirl

Oh thank god, dd2 is obsessed with princess, both kids are already disappointed over btm closing for a year.

CindersFaye

Quote from: DLRPWonders on July 25, 2015, 12:20:03 PM
The Princess Pavillion is only closed for 3 weeks: September 14th until October 3rd.
During the closing of Princess Pavilion you can meet the Princesses at Royal Castle Stage

So glad you can still meet the princesses, I would be so heart broken if I couldn't, it is one of my dreams to become one and I want to see it all in action! :)

vuk

Hello, how works Princess Pavillion reservation right now, please?  ::) Some changes comes after 2012, so i dont understand this new :( Any page with manual, tips or something?  Thank you

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: vuk on July 26, 2015, 01:46:14 PM
Hello, how works Princess Pavillion reservation right now, please?  ::) Some changes comes after 2012, so i dont understand this new :( Any page with manual, tips or something?  Thank you

It's not that difficult:
You show up at the Old Mill which is located next to the Princess Pavillion.
You queue for a ticket.
You get your ticket.
You show up at the time that is on your ticket.

They start distributing tickets at 10.30 but people start queueing for it at 8am.
Usually by 10.45/11.00 all tickets are gone for the day.
So you definitely have to show up early and start queueing during Extra Magical Hours.
The system works the same as Fastpass, except now it's mandatory.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

LotsoHugginBear

Quote from: DLRPWonders on July 25, 2015, 12:20:03 PM
Is this definitely?
Isn't there a show at this stage during Halloween Season (starting at the 1st of October)?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on July 26, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
Is this definitely?
Isn't there a show at this stage during Halloween Season (starting at the 1st of October)?

The last time that there was a show on that stage during Halloween was in 2012.
Yes it's definite, they will meet there.

vuk

Quote from: DLRPWonders on July 26, 2015, 01:54:57 PM
Quote from: vuk on July 26, 2015, 01:46:14 PM

It's not that difficult:
You show up at the Old Mill which is located next to the Princess Pavillion.
You queue for a ticket.
You get your ticket.
You show up at the time that is on your ticket.

They start distributing tickets at 10.30 but people start queueing for it at 8am.
Usually by 10.45/11.00 all tickets are gone for the day.
So you definitely have to show up early and start queueing during Extra Magical Hours.
The system works the same as Fastpass, except now it's mandatory.

Thank you for great answer! This new system is so.... SO much time for one princess :(

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: vuk on July 26, 2015, 08:02:14 PM
Thank you for great answer! This new system is so.... SO much time for one princess :(

It's not any different from the normal queue.
It's just split into two parts: the ticket queue and the normal (now shorter) queue.

LotsoHugginBear

Quote from: DLRPWonders on July 26, 2015, 05:09:43 PM
Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on July 26, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
Is this definitely?

The last time that there was a show on that stage during Halloween was in 2012.
Yes it's definite, they will meet there.

Thank you!