[RETURNED MMOG] Toontown Rewritten - Toontown is Back and It's Bigger Than Ever!

Started by DisneyManiac, July 24, 2015, 01:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

I know this isn't recent news, but some may not know about this. So first let me start with some background...

Toontown Online was a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) created by Disney Interactive and was first launched on June 2nd, 2003. Toontown Online was based upon the universe, or tooniverse as it called in-game, of Toontown from the Disney film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The backstory of Toontown Online revolved around Scrooge McDuck of whom was visiting his employee Gyro Gearloose, a world-renowned scientist, in his lab on the outskirts of Toontown. However when Scrooge arrived, Gyro was nowhere to be seen, inside the lab Scrooge found a large robot with a sign on it reading "DO NOT TOUCH". Despite the sign's warning, Scrooge thought the robot would be a huge help to the toons of Toontown and proceeded to access a panel on the robot's foot, however Scrooge got the wires mixed up and sure enough turned on the robot, however the robot accessed the lab's control panel and started making a fleet of smaller, portable robots called Cogs. The robot's attempt to create more and more Cogs caused the lab's control panel to malfunction and sped up the creation process. Eventually the machine had finished and the robot ordered all Cogs to overturn Toontown into a dark corporal business enterprise, with that the Cogs flew off using built in propellers.
The robot started to corner Scrooge and he was never seen again.

Toontown Online involved the ongoing battle between Toons and Cogs, it stretched from street battles to storming Cog Headquarters, the Cogs were divided into 4 Bot Types: Bossbots, Lawbots, Cashbots and Sellbots. However not every activity involved fighting, the player could enjoy Trolley Games, play Minigolf and own a pet Doodle.

Toontown Online was eventually closed on 19th September 2013 and has remained closed ever since.

However following a year of closure an identical copy of Toontown Online was created and began Open Beta, Toontown Rewritten. The follow-up MMORPG has kept mainly true to the original,  however changing various things slightly. For example the Cogs first invaded Toontown during the Toon Council Presidential Elections and concluded on a boss battle between the Toons and the Director of Ambush Marketing.

The game has stayed in Open Beta to this day and, unlike the original, all features are unlocked, meaning that everyone can do everything Toontown Rewritten has to offer. The game has recently passed 5,000 online members and expects that figure to grow over the Summer.

I know, I am 15 and I play a game as old as time itself, but Toontown Online played a big part in my childhood and to return their after a few years of absence is a great nostalgic trip and is also a nice break from the reality.

Anyone who is either wanting to relive their childhood or are just simply interested, the link to Toontown Rewritten is here: https://www.toontownrewritten.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trouble is Brewing in Toontown Yet Again,
Are You Toon Enough?