Possible Hotel Cheyenne new room design leaked

Started by andrewuk, July 27, 2015, 10:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

lovindisney87

[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

polar vixen

It looks great, although I'm hoping they'll still have some bunkbed rooms - Really handy to be able to separate kids!

michaelj1973

One thing I noticed no more bunk-beds.
That's the thing I didn't like the most the bunk beds. I can understand that children love to sleep in them, but as an adult I always found that the beds were to hard.
Are there nowadays more rooms with 2 king(or queen) size beds?

Greetings,

Michael Jansen

A&S&O

The room we stayed in had a double bed and bunk beds. I can't imagine there'd be enough room to replace the bunk beds with a second double bed.

Are there currently different room sizes and configurations at Cheyenne?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Spacepilot

It`s ok I guess BUT it`s a huge step backwards imo!
It`s too clean, the adventure and cozyness of the bunk beds is gone, tin lamps get replaced by some random lamp with a woody head, the borders with the toy story characters and the wooden wallpaper look really cheap and take away from the theming and the rustic charm of the hotel.
The only nice thing I see is the bench and the horseshoe mirror, but the current one with the hat is still better.

In all honesty, this looks like a highway motel trying to be western. A bit dissapointed that the hotel refurbishments all incorporate some downgrades :-/

HildeKitten

I have to agree with Spacepilot on this. I get that Disney wants to incorporate Disney and Pixar everywhere, but I think that it isn't always a step ahead.
I don't like the Santa Fe refurb at all, and I'm not much keen on the Cheyenne one either to be honest.
I can understand that they want to refurb, but surely they can modernise the theming without screwing it over.

ilovemainstxxx

have to say i dont like it...
well i do it looks nice and clean and modern, but surly that's not the point of that hotel ??
what i love about the cheyenne and makes it top on my list even above DLH is that it is immersive , i walk into the hotel and i could be in a western , still in an extra street in frontier land....i love its rustic charm , the big wooden bed that i always bang my leg on and end up with a big bruise on every holiday and the kids love the bunk beds , even the thread wore bedspread fits the scene ,and i don't even like westerns but just love it here....

would love to know if they do change the hotel if they would sell the room items , would love to have them in my house !!! and forever have bruised legs ... ;D

Joyce_Disney

Looks awsome! As we only travel with adults, we like the fact that there will be 2 double beds now.
13-15 November 2016 Christmas time in Disneyland Paris

HildeKitten

I actually LOVE the fact that Cheyenne has bunk beds at the moment, not just because they are practical for kids, but in my usual DLP traveling group we have a difficult sleeper (he tosses and turns like a crazy person), so the bunk beds have always been a real blessing. That way no one has to share with that friend and everyone gets to have a good night's sleep :D

leeirl

Don't like much prefer the decor now. The bunk beds are also great.

disneynutter

Actually quite like the look of them, I absolutely love the hotel cheyenne, such a great hotel and have loved both our stays, hope they still have rooms with bunks as tho.
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Disney hotel 2017 can't wait ;)

DisneyGagaChick

Ah it's so lovely! I adore the cute little Toy Story touches!!  :P