Park Access before checking in?

Started by chalky0123, July 17, 2015, 02:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chalky0123

Hi all,

First post so be gentle.

Am coming with family to DLP in August, we're staying at Davy Crocketts, how do we go about accessing the parks before we can get in the accomodation which I believe is 3pm?

Regards

Paul

DisneyRon

As far as I'm aware you can "check in" right away, as you arrive.

Your accommodations may not be ready, true, but they should give you your park tickets and such.
You can then get into the park with no trouble, as the tickets are valid for all days of your stay.

Not sure if Camp Davy Crockett has luggage storage or not, but if they do, you can store your bags there while you head for the parks. :)

stifle

There is no luggage storage in Camp Davy Crockett so you will need to leave your baggage in the car.

Park tickets can be collected from reception any time on your arrival day.

chalky0123

Thanks guys. An early morning run from Calais it is then.

Can't wait for my first DLP experience, I'm more excited than the kids!

polar vixen

We've found with the time difference,  even getting the 7:30 ferry,  we still only make it to Davy crockett about 2:30, in which case is recommend checking in and maybe getting keys earmy, or just having a half hour break and enjoy a little wander around the trading post and shop, stretch your legs,  little ones enjoy the outside play area,  then prong all yourbags in the cabin before hitting the parks ,  you don't have to worry about leaving a cat filed with luggage in the Disney cart park then,  have a fab time!

daddyof2

That sounds like good advice, 1430 is likely to be about the busiest time in the parks, as most people will have had lunch and be doing all the rides before the afternoon parade

cazdow

We staying their to in sept. We decided to  drive over day before and stay on a hotel so we can pick up park tickets 8 in the morning, so we get a whole day in park. Some very cheap hotels on booking.com

Zee79

Quote from: polar vixen on July 17, 2015, 04:23:14 PM
We've found with the time difference,  even getting the 7:30 ferry,  we still only make it to Davy crockett about 2:30, in which case is recommend checking in and maybe getting keys earmy, or just having a half hour break and enjoy a little wander around the trading post and shop, stretch your legs,  little ones enjoy the outside play area,  then prong all yourbags in the cabin before hitting the parks ,  you don't have to worry about leaving a cat filed with luggage in the Disney cart park then,  have a fab time!

We get Eurotunnel now instead of ferry, I prefer it. We get the 7:30 train & are at Disney by mid day. Could this be an option for you?

polar vixen

I wish,  unfortunately our car has an autogas conversion so we're not allowed on the Eurotunnel, has to be ferry.

Caz

We're going next week and also staying at DC. However, to make the most of first day are staying off site the night before in RelaiSpa. Have contacted DC to find out earliest tickets can be collected/check in and they have advised anytime from 10pm on the day before arrival date (Receiption open 24 hours). So, for example, if you're booked to arrive Wednesday you can collect tickets from 10pm Tuesday evening. I would imagine the same applies to any of the other DLP hotels.

Hope that helps.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

cazdow

Caz that's great hopefully we can do that. Whats DC like?  still debuting half board but the breakfast sounds a bit poor.

Caz

Hi Cazdow,
We like it. With two teenagers having separate beds and bedrooms makes for an easier time all round and easier on the pocket compared to separate hotel rooms. This holds the same for younger children when you might want to put them to bed so you can relax with a glass or two of vino after a hectic day!  We do like the freedom food wise, and while the breakfast isn't all that exciting, it is a novelty, collecting it from the hut, and usually very generous - we usually had enough bread to use some for lunches. It's also nice to get away from the parks for a bit of peace and quiet but you still feel the Disney Magic and the pool is fab for the kids. It's nicely laid out and depending where your cabin is, a nice to walk to shop (sells food but v expensive - bring it with you or visit local supermarche, okay for emergencies though), pool and resturant etc. We're doing half board for the first time, don't normally bother as we can get a shareholder discount or would self cater, but for "free"  it's a bit of a bonus.

Not long now ✨😊
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008