No Characters In Hotels.

Started by Holmey, July 08, 2015, 07:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmey

Hi, Just been told that there are no longer characters in the Disney hotels at listed times...is this right? I was at NPB last August and still on then but been told this finished at the start of 2014, hence the question.Thanks.

DisneyDuckLover

No characters in hotels with since Nov 2014 with the following exceptions:

-DLH Castle Club breakfast has a couple of VIPs each morning
-DLH Inventions lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch
-Xmas eve all restaurants have a character dining option for dinner
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

stifle

Yes that's correct. It was replaced by more characters in the parks during Extra Magic Hours in order to deal with people who were not staying at the hotel or attending the parks from coming and using the character breakfasts.

Ohana

(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

tigger1974

I understand why they've done this but I think it is a real shame that the characters no longer come to the hotels.  My very first one-to-one meeting with Tigger happened in the Disneyland hotel and I was able to spend quite a while with him (longer than in the park anyway).
As for more characters being available during the EMH..... well when I was there in November last year during the EMH there were.... 4 characters to meet! Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Duffy the Disney bear so I personally don't think it is working better.
Hopefully they will reinstate the hotel meet and greets sooner rather than later.
TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

HildeKitten

I agree that they really should re-install the hotel meet and greets.
And, as people that have read my replies in preview topics like these (because this isn't the first one) have read, I think the entire reason that Disney got rid of them is bogus.
I'm sure a lot of people not staying in that hotel showed up, but it's easily taken care of by making the character attendant, who is there anyway, check their pink hotel slip.
No slip for that hotel, no meet and greet, end of story.
And if people make a fuss, well, you have security for a reason if they take it too far.

Mileto

I just read a rumour on facebook stating that characters are coming back to hotels for Christmas 2015 and spring 2016.
Could this be real? I would be very happy!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

MissyM

I saw that on Twitter this evening. That's when we are going again so very interested to see if it turns out to be true.

haribosmum

ooh, fingers crossed. we are there feb half term.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

tigger1974

Quote from: Mileto on September 04, 2015, 09:37:13 PM
I just read a rumour on facebook stating that characters are coming back to hotels for Christmas 2015 and spring 2016.
Could this be real? I would be very happy!

I truly hope that this is true,  they should be in the hotels.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

Barnsleybigbird

I hope it's true and that they mean from the start of the Christmas season 😀
Who wants a twig when you can climb the whole tree 😉

lovindisney87

I really hope they do my girls met a few when we stayed at the Cheyenne and it was great, we go January so I really hope that it does start and carry on from Christmas season. As previously said there is no extra characters out in emh that I saw so not really done any thing have they x
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

HildeKitten

I read elsewhere on the forum that you do get characters during EMH in the Disneyland Park, but that it's generally Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Chip and Dale.
So no special characters and no one you couldn't meet later in the day I suppose.
Mickey and Minnie both have a meet and greet location if i'm not mistaken, and It's not like the other characters are rare, I've encountered them loads throughout the years.

cazspence

On our last trip we got lots of character in emh. But yes it's the usuals, chip&dale, mickey&minnie, Donald, daisy goofy and Pluto. All before we had reached the end of main St. But I so hope this is true as we go again in November and loved them in the hotels as it was always very cold first thing in the morning.

HildeKitten

I don't think I'll bother with the characters in the park on EMH, I prefer doing rides instead (but to each their own of course). I did like meeting them in the hotel, because it gave you an extra souvenir of the hotel as they all had special themed outfits and/or locations :)
But in the park itself I don't know, once I'm in there during EMH I just want to do Buzz before the queue builds up haha :) And take photos of the castle and on Main Street USA without hordes of people in my picture's backgrounds :)
But you know at least there are characters during EMH, it's better than nothing at all.