Pre trip reports - watch this space!

Started by Zee79, June 30, 2015, 01:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee79

There is still quite a way until we go but the excitement is kicking in haha.

My daughter, who isn't a member of the forum due to her age, has asked me to write a trip report for her. She is going to DLP for the first time by herself (with the school I might add) at Christmas (lucky thing!) so will be reporting back then. They are first visiting Paris to experience the Christmas markets and ice skate under the Eiffel Tower then on to Disney (staying offsite) so she is planning with a friend the must dos (friend has never been) - I'm dreading it, a teenager being let loose in DLP arrgghhh- I did the same thing at her age  :)

Her plans are: (if school permits a hopper pass) she is heading to the studios to do Tower of Terror, RC racer, one of the shows (with it being cold), Aerosmith. Then into the main park for a spot of lunch  before attempting the queues for the must do rides (depending which are open). She is hoping for a chance to go into the village to do some shopping but isn't sure if school will allow this so has planned shops in main street as a back up  :)

We have now booked ourselves (today!!) for July 2016 getting the 2 days free offer & cheaper half board meals so able to go that extra day which I think makes a huge difference. We have not experienced summer in DLP since the 20th celebrations & it was a nightmare so hoping it won't be as bad. We self drive so set off a day earlier and have a road trip before arriving in DLP and do the same upon returning to the U.K.

Looking forward to this coming year, lots to plan for  :)

My daughter getting excited now she back at school, her school has just tweeted '93 days and counting' haha

Zee79

Well my daughter visited DLP on Good Friday & enjoyed every minute of it. Her teachers asked her where to go with her being 'experienced' in everything Disney haha then said she & her two friends could just go off & do what they want meeting up at a specific time in the evening.
The weather was rainy at first but soon cleared & the park was empty. She met characters she has never before,  queue times were minimal for the rides so enjoyed all her favourite rides. Her lead teacher was convinced to stay & watch Dreams & thanked her for 'nagging' her to do it :) All in all she had a fab time.

We are now on count down, less than a week to go now for our next trip.
We are leaving mid morning on Saturday making our way to Peterborough for lunch. We will then head to our hotel for the night, catching the 7am train through the tunnel & hopefully arriving around midday at the Hotel Cheyenne. We plan on doing two EMH so my youngest & I can do meet n greets whilst the eldest & hubby hit the rides. We've got the Chuck Wagon, Plaza Gardens, La Cantina & most importantly our treat of Inventions all booked. There is only 6 of us visiting this year, instead of the usual 11. My father suffered  serious back complications whilst at work in December 2014 & is now in a wheelchair, occasionally walking to make sure he doesn't suffer with any more health complications so it's going to be a more chilled visit for my parents but one we are all in desperate need of.

Sugaroo_

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time Zee79! So excited for you! I wish your father a speedy recovery. My mother also suffers from back problems so I know what it's like. Very frustrating, but he has to keep on pushing! Enjoy every second of your time there. A dose of Disney will definately lift your spirits ;D
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

Zee79

Thanks
I just had an emergency trip to the dentist & an extraction has followed! It better be ok so I can enjoy Inventions haha

Sugaroo_

Uh oh lol I'm sure you'll be fine! I've noticed one thing, whenever I have had a crummy and unlucky build up before a trip, the trip itself turns out to be amazing! Karma? ;)
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."