Christmas time at DLP - advice please

Started by Sam55, May 25, 2015, 12:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam55

Hi all
We have just come back from our first trip to Disneyland Paris and loved it so much, we are looking to book at Christmas time.

We are looking to go on our daughter's 3rd birthday (27th December) for 3 nights.

Please can anyone tell us if it's sensible or not - weather wise for travel and also walking around the parks with a 3 yr old etc....

Also, do both parks open fully all day?

Which hotels are best for that Christmassy feeling?

We stayed at Sequoia Lodge in a Golden Forest room, but had originally chosen NEwport Bay (were then put off by the refurb so changed to SL) - any recommendations (including Santa Fe/Cheyenne - how far are they to walk from parks in compariison to SL?)

We loved the separate breakfast room in SL GF Club inc eggs bacon etc....do any other hotels offer the hot breakfast and/or separate dining room for this to main dining 'chaos'

Just one more question, shave read people saying book through Ireland site as cheaper and does appear to be. Does this work ok and are there any other sites to check?

Sorry for so many questions

Thanks in advance

Sam x
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest  May 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club December 2015

chrisvalentine

hi sam, wd as a family has done dlp at Christmas quite a few times over the years inc this year, we have 4 children 14, 8, 3, 1, for us its the best time of year to visit , they really do make it extra magical, as regards to the weather yes is cold but I wont put you off doing things , both parks were open if im not mistaken Disney park was open 9am-7pm with extra magic hours on top of that and the studios 10am-6pm, we stayed at thw sl last time, we are at the new York this year, all the hotels are done really well for Christmas, we too were going to stay at the sl until we found out the pool ect will be closed that's why we went for the new York, its a little closer too and the same star rating as the Disneyland hotel, you do get a cooked brekfest in the new York , hope this helps ,the valentine family xxxx

stifle

Sensible is dependent on you and your kid really :) It'll be cold, possibly snowy, and get dark early. The park opening hours haven't been announced that far ahead yet but expect the Studios to be 10am-9pm and the main park to be 9:30am-10pm, with extra magic hours at both parks from 8am.

Disneyland Hotel and Hotel New York offer hot breakfast items to all guests. All hotels will have Christmas theming.

There isn't really a bad time to visit DLP :)

The final matter is cost. The time around Halloween and Christmas is super-peak and the most expensive time to visit the parks. Even more than the middle of summer. You may want to be sure you're sitting down when you call up for the price – especially if you're planning on choosing a premium room such as Empire State.

NCC1701Q

We visited DLP last Christmas from the 21nd till the 28th. Stayed offsite and with Dream-annual-pass the "expensive" season wasn't all that expensive, luckily.

Yes, it can get cold. Especially when you're standing in line. But that's something you can anticipate and dress for.
The park opens at regular times (10am unless EMH), closing is at 8pm. That is a big advantage with (little) children: Disney Dreams is at 8pm so they don't have to stay awake till 11pm like in the summertime.

That it gets dark is (in my opinion) an extra: I love attractions like Autopia or Phanton Manor even better when it's dark outside.

grovesie

We too have been at Christmas. As previously stated all hotels are decorated really nicely, the parks are open and it will be very busy. For the litlte one I would buy  a ski suit. We did with ours and didn't regret it. They could sit on the ride with out getting wet etc.

littlebitofpixiedust

2 important words! THERMALS & LAYERS  :)
Seriously that's just about sums it up. Christmas time at DLP is wonderful I too am planning a 2 night trip and myself am considering the Cheyenne on the French website it's much cheaper for the times I looked to go sp worth checking. Walking wise from the Cheyenne adds 5-10 min on but to be fair the amount of walking you'll do it doesn't really take much extra I'd never bother with shuttle buses unless I was exhausted especially at peak times.
But they're there if you need them I'd go for what your budget allows it won't matter in my opinion all the on-site hotels are great! And I've done every one of course if I could afford the DLH Everytime I would... But I like to visit to regulary to do that.

Zee79

I'm not that bothered really about which hotel to stay in as I only use it to sleep in, if want a drink you can basically use all hotel bars. We've been at Christmas a few times & love it, we've always had little ones with us & we normally pack thin layers so can be removed if warmer than expecting, coats obviously waterproof. We stayed over new year last year & it was amazing, parks open like it is during the summer time.

Mileto

Sam55, the best offer right now is on the French site. So ask to get the cross offer prices for France. We did it two weeks ago without any problem.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

buzzkaye

we stayed week before xmas and will be there 16th till 20th this year.
we stayed disneyland hotel last time ,was amazing ,this year sl ,it odes get cold we layered ,
i also got the kids  ski trousers/ski suits. they were warm as toast.x

Sam55

Thanks everyone for your advice. We are now poss thinking of going Boxing Day so our little one can wake up there on her birthday on 27th. The French site is def cheaper - wish I'd paid a little more attention in French lessons at school now haha, although quite easy to guess after looking at English site so many times!
Only thing was it didn't give any other room options for our dates on French site, but did on UK and Irish sites......?
Please does anyone have a number to call for French site to check room options (that doesn't cost the earth to call!)

Thanks again all x
Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest  May 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club December 2015

Mileto

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

ilovemainstxxx

hi there
we just called the number on the back of the brochure 08448 008 222
this is the English site , told them what we wanted to do , book a crossover deal , and they said no problem and put me through to the French site...
when she answered she asked where we were phoning from , UK , but then said we wanted to book the French offer as she was going to book the UK offer for us...
was really straight forward and we paid 15% deposit and dont need to pay the rest till 30 days before we go
hope this helps