Adults ok to have kids portions at counter service?

Started by musicaljojo, June 14, 2015, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicaljojo

I have quite a small appetite and even more so when i'm out and busy, at the counter places, can an adult order a kids portion of food?

I know I won't be able to at the sit down restaurants but I just wondered at the counter/fast food type places would this be ok? Has anyone else done it?

stifle

I don't think there would be any problem, after all who's to say you're not buying for a pile of kids who have already gone and sat down.

Mileto

We did this. It's possible, of course. Saves money and as quantity for eating quite enough.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

HildeKitten

I've done it for the same reason, I've got a small appetite too so I only order adult meals when my husband or a friend with a large appetite are there. Generally a normal adult meal isn't big enough for them, so when they eat my left overs they have enough to eat too :)

And actually, I find that when you explain at table service places, they tend to be very understanding and let you order a children's portion anyway.
The time I ate at the Sequoia Lodge they didn't make a fuss about it at all so it's worth asking and explaining you simply don't have a large appetite.
after all, the worst that can happen is them telling you no, but they may just as well allow it :)

McSuze

As with any counter service eatery, the person at the counter would have no idea whom you are buying for so there would be no problem in doing so.

A lot of children's portions are more than adequate for an adult with a small appetite  :)
:-)

Lisaa

For the counter service restaurants I would really recommend ordering a kids menu if you don't have a big appetite. My mom and I shared an adults menu and for us that was plenty, we actually didn't even finish it!

fiyero

This is exactly the thread I was looking for. My friends and I are going in 3 weeks and really want Mickey Pizzas, these don't seem to be available any more - just on the kids menu. If I go up and buy 3 kids meals and no adult meals will they be fine with that? I've always been too timid to before

stifle

petals

I was wondering that about the sit down restaurants. I was looking at the menus and at some of them I prefer what is on the kids menu and wondered if they allow adults order that instead