improve, modify, supplement at Resorts

Started by Magicpartytime, June 13, 2015, 11:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicpartytime

What would you  improve, modify, supplement at Resorts ?
What do you miss in Resorts ?

Disney Matt

Quote from: Magicpartytime on June 13, 2015, 11:29:00 PM

I miss the characters in the hotels!
I went a month after it stopped & even though there may be 4 in the park during Extra Magic Hours you have 6 hotels worth of guests all going for them...it makes no sense!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

msRavenswood

Quote from: Mathierson24 on June 13, 2015, 11:34:27 PM
I miss the characters in the hotels!
I went a month after it stopped & even though there may be 4 in the park during Extra Magic Hours you have 6 hotels worth of guests all going for them...it makes no sense!

The reason why the characters were removed from the hotels was because non hotel guests would go and take advantage of the meet & greets while they were supposed to be available only to the people who had paid to stay in one of the Disney hotels. Since the parks during EMH are only accessible to hotel guests and annual passholders they can control who gets to meet the characters. I know it might have been better when they were doing meet & greets at the hotels, because the characters were dressed in costumes matching the hotel theming and you would meet rare characters as well, but I find the decision to move them to the parks more fair to the people who were actually entitled to them, i.e. paying hotel guests.

On topic now...

Quote from: Magicpartytime on June 13, 2015, 11:29:00 PM

Can guest behaviour be improved? Lol! I guess other than that, I'd love to see a new ride in Disneyland Park.

Disney Matt

I guess when you say it like that msRavenswood it does make sense. But i would never go to a hotel when i'mnot a guest there just to get a photo with a character! Can't believe people actually did that!!
Ruins it for other people.

And also i think a new attraction in thr Disneyland Parc would be good as they all seem to be going in the Studios.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

HildeKitten

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
The entire "hotel guests only" thing could very easily be sorted by having a CM check the guests hotel ID.
No proof you're staying at the hotel, no meet and greet.
It's that simple.

But I suppose that would either be too much work, or they want to avoid the CMs getting constantly faced with angry folks that are cross for not being allowed to meet.
Probably a combination of both.