Buzz light year ride?!

Started by Nudge234, June 08, 2015, 02:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nudge234

Hi, does anyone know if buzz light year ride is open each morning of early magic hours please? Thanks

Nudge234

And does anyone know which rides are usually open during magic hours please? Thanks :)

msRavenswood

It's not always open, but now that Space Mountain is closed it has been replaced by Buzz and Star Tours. Orbitron is also open. In Fantasyland you can usually ride Peter Pan's Flight, Lancelot's Carrousel (currently closed for refurbishment) Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, Dumbo and sometimes Pinnochio and Snow White.

samuelvictor

Every time that I've been there, Buzz Lightyear, Orbitron, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Carousel and Teacups have been open for Magic Hours. We always head to Buzz Lightyear and do it two or three times to compare our scores and try and beat each other!

On our last visit (Christmas Season 2014-2015), some days the Studio Park was also open for Magic Hours, and Ratouille and Crush's Coaster were open early - this was brilliant as these two rides often have very big queues during the day.

A&S&O

Quote from: samuelvictor on June 09, 2015, 12:07:15 AM
Every time that I've been there, Buzz Lightyear, Orbitron, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Carousel and Teacups have been open for Magic Hours. We always head to Buzz Lightyear and do it two or three times to compare our scores and try and beat each other!

Same for us, apart from Mayday weekend. The carousel was closed for refurb and they didn't open Dumbo for Magic Hours (no apparent reason). Instead they had Snow White and Pinocchio open.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

samuelvictor

Awesome, if they were open we'd definitely have gone on the other dark rides! We like them a lot, but Don't always feel like queuing for them.

Nudge234

Thank you everyone :-) I'm going in august but planning ahead :-)

Zee79

Quote from: Nudge234 on June 09, 2015, 01:33:50 PM
Thank you everyone :-) I'm going in august but planning ahead :-)

It's never to early to start planning  :)

Whenever we have went we have also found Buzz to be open during EMH.

lawleypop2011

How do you find out what rides are open during magic hours.  I'm going in a few weeks and it would be handy to know.  Is it only the Disney park that opens early?

stifle

Quote from: lawleypop2011 on June 14, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
How do you find out what rides are open during magic hours.  I'm going in a few weeks and it would be handy to know.  Is it only the Disney park that opens early?

It is ordinarily just Disneyland Park, but during November it tends to be Parc Walt Disney Studios instead and over Christmas they tend to both be available.

The list of rides isn't published but is normally pretty consistent.