DLP Experience Enhancement Plan: key details revealed

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2015, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

Tron will make an amazing ride , ever since the first film I thought it visually would look great made into an attraction and an easy one to do , paint everything black and add some LED strip lighting , done ! a very simplified version anyway!

Spacepilot

Tron would be perfect for Paris, maybe in the Studios as an equivalent to Space Mountain?
But I doubt this will happen at all, because it is propably a timed exclusive for Shanghai, Disney cancelled Tron 3, And I think the franchise is not that big here...

And I would like for Paris: Roaring Rapids, Indiana Jones Temple of the crystal skull/forbidden eye, Pooh`s Hunny Hunt, Arielle ride

polar vixen

DisneyRon

Quote from: polar vixen on July 19, 2015, 09:21:11 AM
What's the ariel ride like?

The one at WDW is quite similar to the other classic dark rides (like Peter Pan, Snow White), but with far more animatronics. :) It was rather lovely.

polar vixen

Not sure if I can say it here but I think an Ariel ride likelegolands Atlantis ride would be really cool, if you could get in some sort of clan shell and be taken underwater to see fishes and mermaid scenes

MattR

The Indiana Jones dark ride is great but I don´t think we will get it in Paris anytime soon, first of all the building is huge secondly we already have an Indiana Jones ride and I can´t think of any movie (series) except Star Wars which got more than one ride.

My wish list would be:
1. Journey to the Center of the Earth (which was planned for Paris in the beginning anyway)
2. Mickey's PhilharMagic (maybe a smaller version in the old Michael Jackson building if it won´t be occupied by Star Wars)
3. Mystic Manor from HK DL (totally different from the Haunted Manson but I fear the concept is too similar)
4. Splash Mountain (yes the climate but all the other big european parks have water rides as well)
5. Toy Story Mania (not such a big fan but it would perfectly fit into Toy Story Land)

Rocketeer

^Nice ideas. They could add Philharmagic to Fantasyland, probably on one of the unused expansion pads. Alternatively what about replacing either CineMagqiue or AniMagique?

As for Mystic Manor, that would be a great addition, and although its a variation on the Haunted Mansion theme, it could still be themed to something else. You could even add it to Adventureland - the plot where Indiana Jones Adventure was supposed to go could be used.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Rocketeer

And what of 'Disneytown Spice Alley'? Perhaps something along those lines (even if its just the theming) would be good for an expansion of Paris' Disney Village.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: DisneyRon on July 19, 2015, 10:08:35 AM
The one at WDW is quite similar to the other classic dark rides (like Peter Pan, Snow White), but with far more animatronics. :) It was rather lovely.

I didn't get the chance to go on the Ariel ride in WDW, the queue was always 2+ hour wait no matter what day or time we visited. ::)

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: polar vixen on July 19, 2015, 09:21:11 AM
What's the ariel ride like?

The Ariel ride is the same in California as in Florida. Its a dark ride similar to Phantom Manor / Haunted Mansion and uses the same type of doom buggy on a moving travaeltor system expect the buggys are clam shells. The clam shells take you through a condensed version of The Little Mermaid film, with the main characters and main songs featured. The scenes and anamatronics are very bright and they make good use of plastic. I think its a cute ride, I always go on it at least once during my California trip but some might not like the constant music and the overall cheapness looking anamatronics
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Discovery_Mountain

Indiana Jones Adventure I believe was original planned for Paris right next to Temple Du Peril as a Indiana Jones Mini Land.  I would love it if they dusted off the plans and went ahead.  Also with the rumour that Hollywood Studios at WDW are meant to be getting Indiana Jones Adventure 2.0 they could just make share development costs maybe..

Anyway here's a pic from http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/when-indiana-jones-adventure-will-be.html showing where it as planned to go and the room is still there waiting for it to be built.

Also id love to see Soarin in Adventureland too (If the one going into Shanghai Disneyland is themed correctly)
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

DisneyRon

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on July 22, 2015, 08:04:10 PM
Quote from: DisneyRon on July 19, 2015, 10:08:35 AM

I didn't get the chance to go on the Ariel ride in WDW, the queue was always 2+ hour wait no matter what day or time we visited. ::)

It's what fastpasses are for. ;) In this case, I think I did Ariel with my 5th or 6th fastpass on a long Magic Kingdom day. :D

CafeFantasia

Hi guys,

Hopefully this is the best place to post this. Basically, there are a lot of dates posted on Twitter, changing on a seemingly daily basis, about when certain attractions and restaurants at Disneyland Paris are closing and when they're reopening. It's quite confusing to make sense of.

After a few months of collating and tweeting these dates as images, the idea has matured into an article (one page) that I'll do my best to keep up-to-date.

So, please bookmark this, and keep checking it. I hope you find it useful.  :)

Disneyland Paris Refurbishments 2015
https://medium.com/@CafeFantasia/disneyland-paris-refurbishments-2015-84c1274a2bd8

rebecca20

I love the Little Mermaid ride! It's so cute sitting in the little clm shells - its also a much better conveyor belt system like Buzz Lightyear and so the queue seems to move faster.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Dinosaurs

Quote from: DisneyRon on June 14, 2015, 12:19:26 PM
Given that the Studios attractions have a movie focus, having Star Wars in that park would make the most sense. However, I doubt they'll do that. Besides, they're already putting the Jedi Academy in Discoveryland, that would also need to move if you create a Star Wars section in the Studios. :)
And what would they do with that giant empty corner of Discoveryland? You'd need a major new attraction to fill all that empty space.

Santa Fé as a Mos Eisley or Star Wars themed resort is a neat idea though, you could do a lot with that.
Though as you said, there are more interesting locations in the Star Wars universe to visit. :)

They could put in a "Sorin" like they have at WDW. or better yet the Dinosaurs ride the time traveling aspect of the ride would tie in to the steampunk theme, also it's my all time favorite ride :) both rides have an aspect of "Discovery" and would tie into discoveryland well enough to move the star wars themed attractions to WDS park.