Pre-trip and trip report of Mileto September 2014

Started by Mileto, June 11, 2014, 03:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mileto

Hi all!
I love all your reports, fotos, memories and have decided to make my own - for fun, for exchanging experiences with you and for time going faster (actually I like the waiting, it is a part of the magic somehow)

WE
are family of three - me, my husband and my 10 year old daughter. We live in beautiful and sunny Bulgaria.

OUR PREVIOUS TRIPS
My first Disney magical experience was in Tokyo in the far 1993. I was singing in the best Bulgarian children's choir, we had a journey there for 45 days. This was love for ever. We stayed till late in the evening, saw the great light show, I managed to go on several rides on Splash Mountain (which is missing in Paris). Back then I made a promise to myself - someday, somehow to organize a disney trip to my younger brother, because he was at home and I was in this fanthastic place.
After many years I was with a family and child and managed to make this dream come true. We went to Disney Paris - four of us (me, husband, dauther 5 years and my brother)  ;D  We stayed at Santa Fe. This was May 2010.

And because they really put something in the water  ;D , we came back (this time taking my mother with us) at the end of November 2010 for a magical Christmas experience. (Santa Fe)
We had a pause and then a glorius return in September 2013 with 5 days/5 nights, full board, Disney Dreams! and a GREAT weather! (again Santa Fe)
Then we said to our daughter that we stop this destination and will travel to other beaitiful places on earth. Actually because of our position on the European map  :D  the most expensive thing is the aeroplane. We travel a lot and we want to do always something new. She (of course) is very sad, she keeps speaking about Disney almost every day, we have Duffy to hug, we have our souvenirs everywhere.... you can imagine.

THE RETURN OF THE JEDI  ;D
So.. one day I received an email from Disney with offer 30% off, free half board and after a quick check with my husband we decided! SECRETLY!  ;D  So my dauther doesn't know anything. We'll stay for first time in Newport Bay, hopefully in a refurbished room, who knows.

The surprise - my daughter has a birthday end of june so we have a plan. We bought her a big book for dogs, because she wants to be a vet one day. So the book will be in a box. She will open the box, then the book and there she will find a paper, saying that we go for three days in Paris (which will be true  ;D , we plan 3 days Paris and then 3 full days in DLRP). She will be happy and very angry because there will be no Disney mentioned on the paper. Then we advise her to look for another book in the box where she will find a paper for the Disney trip. We'll have on the tv screen this video prepared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNN5MY-ozsc
and push on PLAY as she reads what is written  :o
We won't say anything about the hotel, she will be surprised when the shuttle bus stops at the "wrong" place.  ;D

So, you can imagine how much we love our dauther and visiting Disney, we feel there at home, so peaceful, calm...
I'll keep you in touch with our preparations and surprise development  ;D
Some fotos from our last trip will follow soon.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

msRavenswood

How exciting! I wish I could see the look on your daughter's face when she realises you will visit Disneyland!  :D

Uragano Tati

Yes, it would be great to see her face when she unboxed her birthday present!!! That would be fantastic!!!!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Mileto

Sadly time is never enough - I forgot about all the report, the surprise revealing and all the fotos.

So - about the surpise:
I booked secretly, daughter didn't know.

The card with the surprise in the box went so funny! First she couldn't find it!  ;D Was very happy and started planning which attractions and when who many times. We said it is going to be Santa Fe because it is her favorite.

After beeing in Paris for some days we took the RER to Marne le Valle. Then we headed the hotel busses hoping she doesn't see the shields with hotel names. But noooo, she grows , looks at everything, checks. Mama, we are taking the wrong bus! I explain - Yes, we took it wrong, but it will drive through the other hotels also. She was relaxed. And then stop at Newport, we take luggage off. She screems already - look what you've done.  ;D

OK, my fault, we'll take the other bus back. But as saying this, we went to put the bags for screen control, I explain - let's do the check now, so we can spear time at Santa Fe. She can't catch it still. But then I start going inside Newport Bay - let us see how it is here, the foayeee, we go direction reception, her eyes opened! And then she realised - and she was sooo angry that we switched the hotel. I want my hotel! She acted like baby, we couldn't believe. As a matter of fact - I almost got angry with her. Went together on a side and explained - I said - look aroung you, it's a fairytale, it's so clen, so white, so blue, so beautiful. Then she was in love. And in the room - that view from the room, how big it was, the bed for her. She has her new dream hotel now (her words).  ;D

So I suggest I put some fotos (in order of appearance) instead of explaining long and boring.

View from our room:

Already full of Helloween decorations (22.9.2014):

Entering Frontierland:

Restaurant Taud Hall:

Refurbishments Caroussel Lancelot and not only:

Pizzeria Bella Note

LEGO store:

In the world of Chez Remy:

I have more, more fotos, but it is enough for now, I hope.  :D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

AliceJustbelieve

It sounds so wonderful, you're the best parents ever!
One of the reasons I want to have kids when I'm older is to make them happy with all things Disney :)

Thank you very much for sharing!
April 2015 ~ Hotel Cheyenne <3

Disney Matt

Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

samuelvictor

You sound like fantastic parents, and what great photos! So glad you had such a lovely time :)

Mileto

Quote from: Mathierson24 on June 06, 2015, 06:57:33 PM
Will you do the whole trip report Mileto?

Mathierson24, I am not sure if I could recall all the memories day by day and write a nice trip report like many other marvellous story-tellers. Won't be the same, my fault that left so much time behind.

Disney Matt

Quote from: Mileto on June 11, 2015, 09:09:02 AM
Quote from: Mathierson24 on June 06, 2015, 06:57:33 PM
Will you do the whole trip report Mileto?

Mathierson24, I am not sure if I could recall all the memories day by day and write a nice trip report like many other marvellous story-tellers. Won't be the same, my fault that left so much time behind.

Totally under standable. I couldn't do a trip report for my last stay in December lol!
When do you next go?
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Mileto