Rock n Roll fest 5-7 September 2015

Started by polar vixen, June 01, 2015, 09:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

HI, we are off to DLP on the 7th, so will just catch the end of this, the blurb on disneylandparis.co.uk says there will be 1950s cars, and concerts etc, and to dress up rockabilly style.  It sounds really fun, has anyone experienced this before?  How busy can we expect it to be, and how loud (2 kids with asd and poor tolerance for extreme volumes)

HildeKitten

Oh wow that sounds really awesome!
I'm surprised they are doing it at the beginning of the month instead of at the end for Dapper Day, seeing it would fit right into the entire Dapper Day event!

I'm afraid I can't help you with any of your other questions.
Can you pack some noise cancelling headphones or maybe earplugs to dampen the noise if it gets too loud for your kids?

polar vixen

Yeah we can take some eare defenders,  I just really need to pre prepare them for anything new,  sadly (hehe)  we've done nothing but Disney at centre parcs for years now,  any other type of holiday becomes so stressful with all the prep we have to do for them,  and then themost not coping is not worth it,  but I do try to add in just a couple of different experiences each time c. And this one made hubby very happy! 

HildeKitten

It would make me very happy too! I wish they'd do something like that on Dapper Day also!

stifle

Dapper Day isn't an official Disney thing so synchronising with it probably isn't a thing they will be prioritising.

HildeKitten

Personally I think it's organisational failing on DLP's part, but nothing can be done about that.
You'd think that events, even if they aren't theirs, would be a good excuse to try to use them as a way to attract as many people as possible, but no, last time I checked Dapper Day wasn't even listed on the events calendar.

SVioletS

We're also arriving 7 Sept, my DD8 will love this Rock n Roll fest, she's all about the 50's! :) Hopefully we will still see some of it! So much to see, so much to do, not enough time!

Do you have any more information on it Polar Vixen? Tks in advance! :D

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!