Auberge De Cedrillon! Is it worth it?

Started by Queen Elsa, May 28, 2015, 09:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Elsa

Morning guys!

We have our next trip booked for December 18-22nd and very excited already! It's being kept a secret from the children until we arrive!  As I know it's going to be very busy I want to get everything planned properly and booked in as soon as we can! Our son will be 2 1/2 and our daughter just turned 5. We will definitely be booking in at Cafe Mickey on the first night as we love the character interaction. We are travelling with friends who's son will be almost 6 and daughters of 10 & 13. We will have the Full board plus plan.

I have looked at the ADC menu and not sure our children will enjoy the food but deciding if it's worth going purely for the princesses! Our daughter naturally loves princesses and our son was very excited to meet them last time we visited! Anyway, my question is whether or not it's worth paying the extra to have a meal there and will the children really enjoy it? Particularly our friends children with them being older x

stifle

AdC is a really big wallet hit (for grown-up kids even more so!) and if the kids are only going to be pushing the food around the plate... I'd suggest Café Mickey for character dining. That's included in your meal plan too, which AdC isn't.

Christine747

We took our 5 and 3 year old. It was a HUGE disappointment. The food was not touched and definitely not worth the money. There are 2 seating sections so when the prince and princesses were dancing we had to get up out of our section to go watch- we were not alerted to these dances Just when we noticed there were no characters in the room. We don't mind spending money and thought this would be a special treat but the food really was inedible and just not worth the money unfortunately.

Queen Elsa

Thanks for the replies guys! I am aware that it's not included in the plus package dining and it's going to cost us around €100 extra to eat there. We have the full board plus and already plan to dine at Cafe Mickey on our first and last day. The reason I was looking at the ADC is because our daughter is Princess mad. To be honest, I'm not too fussed if they don't eat all their meal if the experience of seeing the characters makes it worth while x

DisneyRon

The interaction with the Princesses (and associated Mice ;)) is usually wonderful, probably worth it for you then. :D

Queen Elsa

Thank you Ron. I have a feeling that I may have read your report about your last visit in September? I also asked the question on trip advisor and it was a pretty definite YES so have decided we are definitely booking 😁

DisneyRon

Quote from: Queen Elsa on May 28, 2015, 10:25:50 PM
Thank you Ron. I have a feeling that I may have read your report about your last visit in September? I also asked the question on trip advisor and it was a pretty definite YES so have decided we are definitely booking 😁

You very well might have, and I indeed felt that L'Auberge was worth visiting, it is a lovely place to meet Princesses and the lady mice, though I will say that I was on the Premium plan, so I didn't need to pay extra for it. :)
The food was pretty nice as well, though I was alone, and really couldn't say how kids would react to the menu.

solo_beckett

We went for lunch in August last. Staff so nice and polite. Food was lovely. It was amazing, each Princess and the Prince came to chat and have pictures. Booking again for December as it was a highlight of the trip.

Queen Elsa

I don't mind paying extra. We almost chose the premium package but felt that it wouldn't be value for money as it was only really the ADC that we would consider as an extra to the restaurants we already know we love.

When are you visiting in December Solo_Beckett?

seraphelle

I loved it, not so much for the food (although I did like that, it was my veggie daughter that struggled), but the interaction is amazing. I like Café Mickey for the interaction (Chip and Dale are surprisingly hilarious), but I just think meeting the Princess and their Princes is just so precious for children (and big children, ahem).  ;) ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

~sarahjayne~

The kids didn't eat a thing, we enjoyed our meals and the service was excellent. It is a lot of money but if you can afford it I would go. The characters were fantastic, spent lots of time chatting and posing for pics. Such a nicer experience than princess pavilion.