Would you like something researched?

Started by stifle, May 24, 2015, 08:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

I'm visiting next month and primarily wanting to knock out the attractions I have not been on before.

I've found this site and DLPGuide very friendly and helpful and want to give something back.

So here's your chance. What would you like to know, see, or find out that needs to be done in person at the parks? Currently my main plan is to take photos of every restaurant menu I see and transcribe it when I get back, because unfortunately many of the DLPGuide pages are quite dated.

[Bonus discussion: I'm going to lunch with my wife and debating the options from Walt's, Inventions (Sunday Brunch), or Auberge de Cendrillon. Thoughts welcome.]

polar vixen

I would love to know about auberge de cendrillon, specifically what they offer for gluten free dishes for kid???, also if it's possible to find out which princesses week be there? Please? Also if you happen by city hall and there no queue could you all which documentation is needed for a disabled pass for the rides etc xx

DisneyRon

Quote from: polar vixen on May 24, 2015, 10:16:57 PM
I would love to know about auberge de cendrillon, specifically what they offer for gluten free dishes for kid???, also if it's possible to find out which princesses week be there? Please? Also if you happen by city hall and there no queue could you all which documentation is needed for a disabled pass for the rides etc xx

There's no public princess schedule at L'Auberge as far as I'm aware Polar Vixen. :(

Jadefraser

Omg stifle so thoughtful of you! Would love to see updated menus for auberge and inventions sunday brunch! If you are speaking to anyone 'in the know' would be great to hear what they are doing to small world. It is closed in September when we go  :'(

Nudge234

I would love to know which documents is needed for a disability pass please?! Thank you very much :-) have a great time !

HildeKitten

Quote from: Janine123 on May 25, 2015, 02:22:14 PM
I would love to know which documents is needed for a disability pass please?! Thank you very much :-) have a great time !

You'd be able to find all that info in the already existing and very handy disabilities topic ;)
https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=459.0

polar vixen

You'd think so,  but there seems to be conflicting informations between that link and those on the phone line at Disney

HildeKitten

They used to have all info for disabled guests on the website, I guess it's still on there after the big overhaul from a few months ago? (I don't have the link to it mind, but surely someone's found and posted it already ^^).
Surely DLP can be trusted to publish the correct info on their site :)
(If it's still on there at least)

stifle

Any more requests? I'm going this weekend :)

musicaljojo

Thank you for the menu's I'd love to see them!

musicaljojo

I'd also like to know how Newport bay is getting on please as we are hoping to stop there for our honeymoon next march but the scaffolding worries me!

HildeKitten

stifle

Quote from: musicaljojo on June 17, 2015, 09:07:01 PM
I'd also like to know how Newport bay is getting on please as we are hoping to stop there for our honeymoon next march but the scaffolding worries me!

I'll be arriving and departing by train I'm afraid so I don't expect I'll be over that way.

KirstyE

The Newport bay is coming along nicely. And the scaffolding should be down by end of summer, they'll be working their way round the hotels by next year :)

stifle

Hi everyone,

Wow were the parks crowded yesterday! I didn't manage to get everything but here's what I have. I asked in French so don't consider the replies to be direct translations.

Auberge de Cendrillon
What princesses? "It's a surprise".
Gluten free? "Mention it when booking and we will do our best to accommodate you".

Disabilities
"This guide provides all current information for disabled guests." [I now have a rather large guide in French. I'll translate the relevant points at some stage.] "Guests should bring as much evidence as possible of the disability. [Cast members at City Hall] will then determine what assistance is most appropriate.]"

Newport Bay
No idea. I didn't go any further in that direction than Starbucks.

Inventions
Don't overfill your plate with fish fingers or vegetables from the left hand end of the buffet or you won't have room for the good stuff on the right ;)

Menus to transcribe
Billy Bob's (bar snacks and the Grange)
Blockbuster Café
Restaurant des Stars (won't take long :))
Plaza Gardens (same)
Restaurant en Coulisse
California Grill
Walt's: an American Restaurant
Hakuna Matata
Ice Cream Company
Coffee Grinder
Gibson Girl
Hep Cat