Very belated trip report september-october '14

Started by Thaliel, July 02, 2015, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaliel

shame on me, I haven't manage to put this up earlier.

we Spent a great vacation on Davy crockett ranch from September 28th till October 5th

As we always do, we spent the first night @ an Ibis Budget. We changed from Chelles to Pontault Combalt due to the big and modern disabled room. Still, we followed our tradition of eating @ L'asiane in Chelles on the evening of our arrival. There, we already got a first taste of the magic that was waiting

The next Morning, we checked in to the ranch and were already able to access our cabin to unload our luggage

I had heaard of the stray cats before, but never saw one up until then, this curious kitty was enjyoing one of the sausages we had brought with us

After unpacking, it was time to hit the park. We tried the main park gate first, to get the code for the handicapped parking @ DLH

Since Halloween celebrations would soon begin, the park was already nicely decorated

Something I never noticed up until now

A character meet and greet was being held near Plaza Gardens, so we took a picture with Pooh and Eeyore

Wandering around, I took a few shots of random things here and there

we then chose to do some of the smaller rides in Fantasyland before the area would be closed off for Dreams preparations

Both Payes des contes des fées and Casey Jr were so empty, we were allowed 2 rounds

The sun provided for a large number of great shots

Since the park was generally pretty empty, we decided to pay a quick visit to adventureland and the pirates

Never noticed these two before

Hati's was closed, but still nicely illuminated

After nightfall, it was time for our first viewing of Dreams

The next morning, I took a pic of this, which is located on the road you pass when driving from the cabins to the reception, suppose it is an old stable

Again, bright and warm sunshine gretted us after a somewhat moist and fresh morning

We spent most of the day in the studios, which were also pretty empty

We grabbed a shell at Crush's and wandered on towards playland

And of course, we took our first ride in the new Ratatouille adventure

Finally, we moved on to the tram tour, which is still quite enjoyable despite the shporter route and removed stops

To cool off after such an eventful day, we took a stroll through the village up to the lake and back

Our 3rd day was the first that had halloween celebrations, so we went to the park to enjoy them

We also met Stitch near Casey's Corner

From there, we went behind the castle to witness Maleficent's introduction

Since we had some time until the villains parade, we oaid a quick visit to Phantom Manor

The parade itself was short, but very villanous

Captain EO was also open that day, so we took a trip to "Le Cosmos" with him before grabbing a bite to eat

We were also able to see the Halloween parade a second time

While it was still bright, I took more pictures here and there until we went for a round on BTM

And of course, Dreams once again was our big finale for the day

The next day, I tried a different setting on that gold plaque and completed my visual collection of the halloween decoration

Before leaving for good, we explored the area near pocahontas playground a bot, took a last shot of the train station and tried to fit all of our shopped goods into bags and suitcases

ann that's it, almost a year late, but meh ;D
<-Plz click

Disney Matt

Good on you for writing it after almost a year lol i'd struggle to remember what I did last week!
Love your photos & my oh my is that a lot of souvenirs  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

daddyof2

No shame that it's belated, well done and thank you for posting some lovely pictures

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Ruby Dawn

Loved seeing the photo's - especially the ones from the "Storybook boat ride".   I always love the little details but never manage to get any good shots myself. I'm there this October, hope the decorations are as good.   

HildeKitten