Advice anyone please? VIP fast pass ..? Please anyone?

Started by Nudge234, May 21, 2015, 04:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nudge234

Hello all, sorry for bothering you all, anyone have any advice please??  Is it worth me upgrading my hotel room to gets VIP fast pass for august this year ?? It would cost me £350 extra to do this!! And I've just noticed there's only a few rides that have the fast pass service, were there for 3 nights... Is it worth paying so less hassle?? Or are the normal fast pass service ok?? My mum is coming with us who is unable to stand for long periods. Thanks in advance just so unsure what to do!!

never2old

What kind of upgrade is it? If you're upgrading to the Empire State Club (or Castle Club), 350 extra is not bad; on top of the VIP fastpasses you also get your lounge for breakfast (means no hassle in the mornings, great way to start your day) and you can go back for drinks and cakes in the afternoon (after a little rest in your room it's great, particularly in the long summer days)

For the VIP fastpasses, it depends if the rides that have it are the rides you're likely to do. In August the parks are busy and normal fastpasses do run out - Peter Pan, Rataouille or BTM can run out of FP quite quickly. If you're there for 3 nights you should have plenty of time to do all those rides at least once using a normal FP, but I wouldn't count on multiple rides on all of them...

We've only been once in August (usually we try to avoid busy periods), and we had VIP fastpasses, and they were really useful!! We tried to do the non FP rides first thing in the morning before the crowds got there (Pirates, Phantom Manor, etc), then during the day concentrated on doing (usually multiple times) the FP ones - and many many goes on BTM, it's one of my favourite rides). It worked out really great for us!

If your mom cannot stand for long periods though it may be worth trying to get a disability pass? I don't know much about what conditions you need (a medical certificate, but don't know if there are particular conditions for it).

Boxy

Hi,
I do not know much about purchasing fast passes but it occurred to me that if your Mum has a medical condition that she cannot stand for long, you can get a special disability pass from City Hall so that she can go on the rides without queueing and you can go with her.
There is a special section on Disneyland Paris website where you can get all of this information. Look on the ' Help ' tab and there is a booklet - Disney Parks accessibility guide -  found under Visitors with Disabilities.

Nudge234

Thank you for your advice :-) it's an upgrade of room in a Disney hotel which includes the VIP fast pass, we have already got half board. Can I use the VIP fast pass during 1pm to 4pm ?? Thanks

polar vixen

Are you really against getting your mum a disabled pass?  That wouldn't cost you anything and would get you on things,  much faster than a fastpass would,  and would let you in a special area for dreams,  which as fastpass won't.  Or are you after an excuse to upgrade your hotel room  ;

Nudge234

I'm not against getting my mum a pass just not sure if she would qualify for one? So would rather try plan things :-) my mum has rheumatoid arthritis and has had a hip replacement few months back , she works part time so it's not as bad as some so not sure if she would qualify for a pass?!

Nudge234

She does have problems standing for long periods and walking distances etc so maybe that would help with a letter from her doctor/consultant ?

polar vixen

As long as you have a letter from a doc/consultant dated within three months of your arrival and stating that she has difficulty standing for periods of time due to...... that should be enough to qualify, you just take it ti city hall and they'll issue the pass

Nudge234

Thank you  :) also if you know if my mum would be granted a disability pass would she , myself and my son have a guaranteed seats to watch dreams? Thanks

twentythingamabobs

There won't be guaranteed seats for Dreams, but there are seats in the area that you could grab if you got there early enough. Or, if there aren't too many people in the area, people normally sit on the ground as you still get a really good view. It's not too bad if you put a coat/blanket down first :)

Mileto

There is a separated area at Cetral plaza for visitor with dissabilities.
If your mother gets an Access Card only one helper can accompany her at the area.

Here is the Accessibility Guide Brochure with all the information what documentation is needed and about access to the attractions.

https://brochure.disneylandparis.com/HCP/UK/catalogue/index.html

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Nudge234

Thanks everyone :-) just phoned disneyland and they said a letter from doctor plus a disability card is now needed!

AmyT14

What sort of disability card? like a blue badge you get for your car?

Sorry to jump on your thread, had just been under the impression that a letter from a doctor is sufficient that's all so be good to know if that's not the case. x

Nudge234

I was told by disneyland today that a letter from doctor is not enough, needs to be a letter and a disability card or blue badge, it has to be both!

NCC1701Q

I'm not saying the information you received by phone is wrong, but in the official Accessibility Guide, page 4, it states that you need EITHER a disability card, parking badge OR a letter (in French or English and not older than three months, signed by your doctor). There is no mention of needing BOTH a card AND a letter.
https://brochure.disneylandparis.com/HCP/UK/catalogue/index.html