Photopass and Attraction photos

Started by Caz, May 20, 2015, 06:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

I recently queried the in-app Attraction + package with Disney Photopass/Fuji and they have advised that £7.99 package gets you 6 ride photo's - a pretty good option if you don't want character photos. Individual ride photo's are £2.99. Will be giving it a try when we go in July. I will be checking it out when we get there but it looks like you can load as many ride photo's as you like to your account and then choose the ones you want to purchase/download. If anyone has used Photopass in this way would be interested to know how you got on.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Mileto

Photopass only for attractions - that sounds interesting.
I'll also be interested in ohter replies / experiences.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

michaelj1973

Just phoned Disney to add the photopass+ and they added it for € 39,99 that's 10 euro's less then normal. Don't know if it's an action or something, but to save 10 euro's of something I wanted to buy already is nice.
You get a voucher when you arrive at your hotel and that one you have to exchange inside one of the parks for the real card. So when I'm back from my trip (december) I'll post the photo's.

Ohana

I'm gonna use this thread as an opportunity to finally understand photopass as I don't want to post another thread about it haha.

I still don't get how photopass works? Like, how much does it cost, how many photos can I get for the money, do I need to carry around a card, how can I access the photos, can I still buy a framed printed copy if I wish?

Sorry to interrupt! :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

HildeKitten

No need to apologise Ohana.
There have actually been about 10 (by now) topics on photo pass on this forum, so if you go to the forum main page (so you're not in a section of it) and search for photopass you should find them, and in them answers to all your questions :)

stifle

Quote from: Ohana on August 19, 2015, 01:04:42 PM
I'm gonna use this thread as an opportunity to finally understand photopass as I don't want to post another thread about it haha.

I still don't get how photopass works? Like, how much does it cost, how many photos can I get for the money, do I need to carry around a card, how can I access the photos, can I still buy a framed printed copy if I wish?

Sorry to interrupt! :)
The cost is €49.99 and the card is valid to load photos for 10 days and view them for a year. Annual Passport holders get their usual merchandise discount and the card is valid to load and view photos for a year. There is no limit on the number of photos you can load to the card. You view them via the PhotoPass mobile phone app or website. You can still buy printed copies of photos for the usual cost. You can load photos taken by the official photographers at character meets (give the photographer the card before he/she starts snapping) and you can load on-ride photos too — it is recommended to take the card to the kiosk and get the Cast Member to add it on, particularly on The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror and Pirates of the Caribbean where the CM can crop/zoom the photo to block out the other guests. If you have a phone with data service you can also add it via the app.

10 day PhotoPass+ cards come with a lanyard and there are two extra cards to give to family members. The annual one is a single credit card sized card only.

lovindisney87

Can I just butt in here and ask if they are on the site when you look at them can you then download and save them to your computer or a disc ???
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

michaelj1973

Quote from: lovindisney87 on August 19, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
Can I just butt in here and ask if they are on the site when you look at them can you then download and save them to your computer or a disc ???
What I understand is, that yes you can download them. You've got a year time to do that. After that your account is not available anymore. And for private use you can do with the pictures what you want.

lovindisney87

Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 19, 2015, 02:35:42 PM
Quote from: lovindisney87 on August 19, 2015, 02:23:48 PM
What I understand is, that yes you can download them. You've got a year time to do that. After that your account is not available anymore. And for private use you can do with the pictures what you want.

Brilliant thank you very much 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 19, 2015, 02:35:42 PM

Your account is still available, just the album isn't anymore.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

sarahh83

Quote from: michaelj1973 on August 19, 2015, 12:38:04 PM
Just phoned Disney to add the photopass+ and they added it for € 39,99 that's 10 euro's less then normal. Don't know if it's an action or something, but to save 10 euro's of something I wanted to buy already is nice.
You get a voucher when you arrive at your hotel and that one you have to exchange inside one of the parks for the real card. So when I'm back from my trip (december) I'll post the photo's.

oooooh im going december too, i might give them a call and add this to mine!
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

sarahh83

just rang up and added this to my booking for december £33
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

mdw

Am I right in thinking rides with photos are- tower or terror, space mountain, buzz, rc racer, big thunder mountain. Any others?

NCC1701Q

Hi mdw,

There is no attraction photo on RC Racer, but there is one on Pirates of the Caribbean and on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith.

andrewuk

and there isn't one for Ratatouille which seems a bit weird.  :-\
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne