Sequioa Golden Forrest (and disabilities)

Started by DisneyRose, May 16, 2015, 06:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyRose

wondering if anyone can answer a few questions.  I was wondering where in the hotel the Golden Forrest Dining room is, which level the bedrooms were on and what the access was like between the two.  If anyone has been in the wheelchair adapted room I was wondering what the bedroom layout was for a Golden Forrest wheelchair room (is it the interconnecting like the sequoia main bedrooms are).

DS is a wheel chair user.  Usually we stay on the first floor in the north wing so getting between the room and the restaurants is easy (as long as you don't mind going outside) as it is all on the flat.  But I like the idea of the quieter dining room and would absolutely upgrade the room if the room layout is the same and access between the breakfast room and the bedrooms isn't too hard
WDW -1987 DLP -1993(?) DLP - 1999 WDW - 2005
DLP My explorers 2006
DLP Newport bay 2007 2010
DLP sequoia 2008, 2011 2013 2015 2016, 2017

BlackPearl

The access to the Golden Forest Lounge (same level as the reception area) is easy; you just use the elevator from the Golden Forest Club. From the elevator you only have to turn round the corner of the shop to get to the Golden Forest Lounge. But I think that you only have breakfast and tea-time there, not diner.
There should be a special elevator for wheelchairs to reach the restaurants one level below, as far as I remember.
The rooms should be the same size or even a bit bigger than standard rooms. Last year we had (as a surprise upgarde) one of the suites which are huge!

DisneyRose

Thanks Black Pearl I know where you are talking about for the dining room, always wondered where that led to. I think I might take a closer look into upgrading
WDW -1987 DLP -1993(?) DLP - 1999 WDW - 2005
DLP My explorers 2006
DLP Newport bay 2007 2010
DLP sequoia 2008, 2011 2013 2015 2016, 2017