Trip Report, WDW May 2nd until May 13th. *Completed, Photos Added*

Started by DisneyRon, May 01, 2015, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora1

Thank you for taking the time and write the report! I loved reading it
We are going end of July, so it was very interesting reading it!
have to go through it again nearer to the date!

Question for "Be our Guest": I read they are serving all meals. But a character meal they do for dinner? Possibly meet Beast then? (my biggest wish for that trip!!!) from the Disney site I didn`t quit get it ;)

DisneyRon

Quote from: Aurora1 on May 25, 2015, 01:30:28 PM
Thank you for taking the time and write the report! I loved reading it
We are going end of July, so it was very interesting reading it!
have to go through it again nearer to the date!

Question for "Be our Guest": I read they are serving all meals. But a character meal they do for dinner? Possibly meet Beast then? (my biggest wish for that trip!!!) from the Disney site I didn`t quit get it ;)
Happy to hear that you find it a good read. :D

Do be sure to make reservations for all restaurants that really want to visit, you can do that 6 months out, and for some it's required, as quite a few no longer accept walk-ons when it's crowded.

Be Our Guest is rather popular, so making a reservation is important.

For Dinner "Be Our Guest" is a full table-service restaurant, and Beast occasionally walks around (and that is played with by the wait-staff too, they greet him as he enters a room, and announce that the Master is meeting guests in the study), but doesn't go up to tables or anything like you'd see at an normal Character meal.

When you're done with dinner you exit through the Study, and you get to meet Beast there, and have your picture taken and ask autographs if you wish. :)
It is a very nice arrangement, and unexpected to me too, it's a fairly recent thing apparently. :D

Beast is not present for Breakfast and Lunch, as his Study is occupied by the ordering area. ;)

By the way, if you go for either Breakfast or Lunch you can pre-order your meal with your reservation (up to 30-60 minutes before the meal even), which shaves a fair bit off wait-time off your meal as you don't need to pass through the ordering area to get to a table, though you'll miss out on the Whispering Gallery. :)

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: DisneyRon on May 22, 2015, 12:42:28 PM
Quote from: twentythingamabobs on May 22, 2015, 12:16:03 PM
Thanks DisneyRon, it's a minefield this FP business when you are taking into account a disabled guest. I know we get extra FPs but not sure how many we will be allocated so can't really plan beyond the 3 a day you initally get. It's weird in WDW, they  absolutely will not read a doctor's note, you just have to tell them what your problem is and they try to find a solution for you. Which is probably why they have changed the way the process works as anyone could walk into city hall, proclaim to be disabled and get on via the exits! Sorry, very off topic, I am just venting.

No problem at all, I can imagine it being frustrating.
Are the extra FPs you get going to need assigning to specific rides, or are they "all-access" FPs?
Because those exist too.
I actually was "awarded" one of those because the Indiana Jones stuntshow was delayed because of a technical issue (stood in the FP+ line for 40 minutes). They allow you access to the FP line of a wide variety of rides (not the super popular stuff, but just about anything else). If you get a cluster of those per day, then you wouldn't really need to worry about how the system works too much. :)

They will be ride specific, or so I am led to believe. We will be given a booklet to take to a CM at each ride and they will give us a return time. We can't go and book other rides until that return time has passed and been crossed off the list. I'm sure we will get most of what we want done, it's just like you say WDW sounds a very different beast to DLP!  Sincere thank you for your posts DisneyRon and hope you are back in good health :)

DisneyDuckLover

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!