Trip Report, WDW May 2nd until May 13th. *Completed, Photos Added*

Started by DisneyRon, May 01, 2015, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Matt

Amazing report and now pictures to make it even better!
A truly magical read Ron :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mathierson24 on May 21, 2015, 11:21:11 PM
Amazing report and now pictures to make it even better!
A truly magical read Ron :)

:) Thank you very much

Quote from: daddyof2 on May 21, 2015, 10:38:34 PM
Love the report, the photos are brilliant. Particularly loving the food ones (yum)

Happy to provide them, the food was generally lovely. :)

seraphelle

Excellent photos Ron, I am now determined to go if only to go to Be Our Guest and gaze at the ceiling  ;D ;D ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

twentythingamabobs

Aww DisneyRon thank you! The photos are so lovely :) One of my favourite trip reports ever  :D

Can I ask, did you only use the FP kiosks when the app was playing up? Or did you just happen to be near a kiosk when you rearranged things?

DisneyRon

Quote from: seraphelle on May 22, 2015, 10:44:31 AM
Excellent photos Ron, I am now determined to go if only to go to Be Our Guest and gaze at the ceiling  ;D ;D ;D

Be sure to either find a seat in the Ballroom (if you're there for Breakfast or Lunch), or request a Ballroom table (when you're there for Dinner), it's the only one of the 3 that has the gorgeous painted ceiling. The West Wing and Rose Gallery both have "normal" ceilings for the most part, but more themed stuff on and along the walls than the Ballroom does. :D

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on May 22, 2015, 11:22:59 AM
Aww DisneyRon thank you! The photos are so lovely :) One of my favourite trip reports ever  :D

Can I ask, did you only use the FP kiosks when the app was playing up? Or did you just happen to be near a kiosk when you rearranged things?

Thank you, it was fun taking those photos. :D

If the app was playing up I used the kiosks, the rest of the time I used the app, and that worked really well.
The app only had issues 1 or 2 days of my stay (mostly throwing errors when accessing your fastpasses), and they quickly pushed updates to fix it each time.

There's WiFi more or less everywhere in all parks, so your Smartphone is an important tool during your stay. :)
After you use up your initial 3 fastpasses (those you can lock in 1 or 2 months in advance, depending on where you're staying), you need to use the FP kiosks to add fastpasses beyond that. So number 4 and up are always done with a kiosk, as you can only add 1 at a time, and the app doesn't have that functionality.

twentythingamabobs

Thanks DisneyRon, it's a minefield this FP business when you are taking into account a disabled guest. I know we get extra FPs but not sure how many we will be allocated so can't really plan beyond the 3 a day you initally get. It's weird in WDW, they  absolutely will not read a doctor's note, you just have to tell them what your problem is and they try to find a solution for you. Which is probably why they have changed the way the process works as anyone could walk into city hall, proclaim to be disabled and get on via the exits! Sorry, very off topic, I am just venting.

DisneyRon

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on May 22, 2015, 12:16:03 PM
Thanks DisneyRon, it's a minefield this FP business when you are taking into account a disabled guest. I know we get extra FPs but not sure how many we will be allocated so can't really plan beyond the 3 a day you initally get. It's weird in WDW, they  absolutely will not read a doctor's note, you just have to tell them what your problem is and they try to find a solution for you. Which is probably why they have changed the way the process works as anyone could walk into city hall, proclaim to be disabled and get on via the exits! Sorry, very off topic, I am just venting.

No problem at all, I can imagine it being frustrating.
Are the extra FPs you get going to need assigning to specific rides, or are they "all-access" FPs?
Because those exist too.
I actually was "awarded" one of those because the Indiana Jones stuntshow was delayed because of a technical issue (stood in the FP+ line for 40 minutes). They allow you access to the FP line of a wide variety of rides (not the super popular stuff, but just about anything else). If you get a cluster of those per day, then you wouldn't really need to worry about how the system works too much. :)

lovindisney87

Fantastic trip report, great photos. Looks like you had a brilliant time, just shows you can go away alone and still have am awesome time. Haven't been to wdw since I was 13 (now 28  :o ), hope to one day take my 3 girls there. Thanks for sharing  :D
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

DisneyRon

Quote from: lovindisney87 on May 22, 2015, 10:42:53 PM
Fantastic trip report, great photos. Looks like you had a brilliant time, just shows you can go away alone and still have am awesome time. Haven't been to wdw since I was 13 (now 28  :o ), hope to one day take my 3 girls there. Thanks for sharing  :D

Thank you, it was a wonderful trip to do alone. You can be a little more flexible when you're alone, and that works out quite well at WDW. :) Do try to make it there with your daughters, it is a very magical place and while it feels familiar it is quite a different place from DLP. ;)

Mrsya

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fab trip report. It's like we were a there with you! We're two sleeps away from our third DLP trip but hoping to brave the flight to WDW when our little ones are a bit older.

Hope you are feeling better now.

DisneyRon

Quote from: Mrsya on May 23, 2015, 12:22:51 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fab trip report. It's like we were a there with you! We're two sleeps away from our third DLP trip but hoping to brave the flight to WDW when our little ones are a bit older.

Hope you are feeling better now.

Happy to have done the report Mrsya. :)
It is a wonderful place, your little ones will love it when you can make the crossing, and so will you. :D

As for feeling better, I'm doing well, my throat is acting up a little, but I think I caught that back home, rather than at WDW. ;)
Arriving to temperatures literally 20 degrees lower than what I had in Orlando was a bit of a blow.

AlmostThere...

Thank you so much for this wonderful report, it was so lovely to read.  It sounds like you had an amazing time, I was so impressed with your planning.

What do you have planned for your next trip to a Disney park? I will look out for another great report  :D
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

DisneyRon

Quote from: AlmostThere... on May 23, 2015, 06:46:44 AM
Thank you so much for this wonderful report, it was so lovely to read.  It sounds like you had an amazing time, I was so impressed with your planning.

What do you have planned for your next trip to a Disney park? I will look out for another great report  :D

Thank you so much for reading it. :D
My planning was actually fairly limited. Many people create complex itineraries for WDW, I did not.
I planned out the restaurants to visit as I needed reservations, and selected a few rides I wanted to do for FPs, but beyond I planned very little. Though I did read up on where to be on which days to get the lowest possible crowds and all that. WDW is a very different beast to visit than DLP.

As for when my next Disney park visit will be, for now it looks like that will be DLP in 2017 for the 25th anniversary.

Andybear

DisneyRon

Quote from: Andybear on May 23, 2015, 03:14:48 PM
What a brilliant report and I love the photos  :D

:D Thank you Andy, glad to hear you liked it. :)