Disney's Halloween Festival 2014

Started by jimtrim, August 21, 2014, 08:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonie Heartilly

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on October 28, 2014, 03:18:51 PM
You look gorgeous! It is totally fine to wear Disney costumes, the only restriction is you cannot pose for photographs or sign autographs posing as the official "Belle" if you know what i mean  :)

Thank you! And yes I knew that rule but was worried in case children didn't understand and got upset even if I explained the "real" Belle was somewhere in the park and I was just dressing up because I like her like they do. If the kids are French they won't understand me anyway...

Thanks for sharing the programme msRavenswood! So excited!

msRavenswood

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on October 28, 2014, 04:26:56 PM
Woohoo, fingers crossed hubby makes good on the promise!! It is my absolute favourite time of year at DLP!! Your favourite attraction (I'm guessing due to your username?!!) is extra special then, the cast members put a ton of effort into making it super spooky  :o

I sure hope he does keep his promise! Phantom Manor is indeed our favourite ride, I'm sure we'll enjoy it more during Halloween but the main reason I want to visit then is because of the atmosphere and also because I've been dying to meet Jack Skellington!

Quote from: Leonie Heartilly on October 28, 2014, 05:25:30 PM
Thanks for sharing the programme msRavenswood! So excited!

You're welcome! You look gorgeous in those costumes by the way!  :D

Leigh_345

People that went to the Halloween soirée last year can you tell me if there was
Many children there. We have bought tickets and are now being told by another site it's not Suitable for my 6 year old daughter. Look at the evening even Leaflet from last year and there looks enough for us to do. But people are saying don't take her.

Mileto

What a programm! I didn't know it was such a fun!
Thanks for sharing, MsRavenswood!

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

seraphelle

Leigh_345, it all depends on your kids. My daughter was 7 when we went last year and was fine apart from Discoveryland where they had people walking around on robotic stilt type outfits and she was briefly frightened. She soon relaxed though and had a dance. With regard to outfits, nothing too frightening is allowed, in fact I don't remember seeing any scary costumes at all, Jack and Sally are about as scary as it gets  :) It really is a fun night  :D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Leigh_345

Thanks seraphelle. That's a great help. She's not really fazed by much. With her birthday being Halloween we have always decorated our house. I was just worried with people putt on one of the face book pages that they wouldn't recommend taking her as  it's normally full of French youths and it's not monitored what they wear. She is desperate to have a villain birthday at Disneyland Paris.

seraphelle

It is full of groups of teens, and Disney Village is a bit more loose with the costumes. Unless we just missed all the creepier costumes (which to be fair and play devils advocate, could have been a possibility as we did a few rides, then went and watched the parade, then went and queued to meet Tiana and Naveen, did a few more rides, then went to the disco in Discoveryland, so we didn't roam around everywhere).

I do remember seeing a young lad with a sort of zombie-style costume by Phantom Manor (fake blood and so on, and pale contact lenses), that was the only thing that made my daughter do a double take, but she just said 'oooh that's a good costume!'. And in Disney Village there were a lot more risky costumes (and about a million Heath Ledger 'Joker in a Nurses Outfit' costumes). Like I say, it was just the big robots that freaked her out a bit.  It is a very busy night though, and my kids found that more stressful than any of the outfits / costumes. Sometimes it was nice to get through a crowd and have a breather!

I did laugh at one point though, there was a stunning young woman dressed as Pocahontas, and as she walked through the crowd everyone stopped and stared at her. She looked just like her and her costume was perfect, and she was just having fun with her friends oblivious to all the attention she was getting  ;D

Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Leigh_345

we are thinking of hiring a pushchair for grace just for the evening as it will be the first time we have been there without one, and the day and night on the 31st will be so long for her, we are booking the princess meal hopefully so we will have a bit of a rest there. I'm very excited now and we have 6 months to go and 6 months of keeping the secret.