Anyone booked on the french site? How was it?

Started by cgayther, April 21, 2015, 11:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemainstxxx

hi again

hubby says he really wants to go for new year now as our daughter will be 18 in April and think this may be the last new year all of us together in a while  :(

so just to clarify if we do get to go and i want to book from the French site , do i still call the English number but just ask for the cross over deal from France , or do i phone the French number..?

stifle

Unless you speak French it'll be easiest to ring the UK number :)

ilovemainstxxx

this is what i had thought , but i know there is a French phone number to the resort you can use to book but they can put you to an English speaking operator
thanks

Mrsya

Uk number and ask for a crossover offer. They'll ask you which country and then transfer you so I imagine you're put through to the French reservations office. Phonecall will be cheaper that way though!

ilovemainstxxx

Thanks again guys , always know i can rely on my Disney buddies ...x

just hope we get to do it now  :)

Caz

I booked online from the UK via the Irish site then I had to alter the booking dates. I rang the UK number and was then transferred to France as was considering using offer on Dutch site to try and alleviate some the increased cost. However, you can't amend a booking and change to another site (in this case from Ireland to the Netherlands) without first cancelling and incurring  the cancellation fee. Consequently my amended booking remained with the Irish site. The French lady I spoke to was lovely, spoke perfect English and couldn't have been more helpful, going through all the options with me to try and save as much as we could.
Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

Mileto

My personal experience from today - I called the international phone number and ask to use the French crossover offer, as it is the best for Christmas time for the moment.
So no problem with the booking.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Jane

We've booked twice on the French website - both times was much cheaper than UK - mostly because UK was offering free 'under 7' but French site offering free 'under 12'.  I think the meal packages are slightly cheaper on the UK site but this will depend on exchange rate.  For 2 adults and 1 child (2 days park, 1 night hotel) we paid 198 euros at Santa Fe 3rd / 4th Jan and 341 euros at Cheyenne 3rd / 4th May.

littlebitofpixiedust

Just checked out the French site and wow there are some savings to be made! Under 12s free bringing total cost down from £570 to €419 can I book online or better to call? Thanks!  ;)

Mileto

In my oppinion - better call.
We made reservation calling last Friday without problem. The confirmation will come in French than.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

DisneyDuckLover

I booked using the French site for Halloween this year, it was 400 cheaper than the UK (for two nights!).
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!

solo_beckett

I booked last week, saved 300€. Use www.disneylandparis.fr and choose Autres regions. The boxes to complete are the same so even a basic knowledge of french will cover you. Do a mock run on you own site first. You need to do city, country in the city box and leave France in the country. Your booking is printable from you my Bookings area but the booking is in french which if fine as it's only for the staff need it.

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks guys  :) think I'm going to book a short dec trip with myself and my son. Don't think I'm going to get anyone else to come along so it may well be our very first visit just us 2!

Aslong as I book Disney express all should be fine I managed his wheelchair and our suitcase last time. Just can't resist a Christmassy visit at such a good deal!

ilovemainstxxx

hi all

thanks for your help , i can now say i have a new countdown  ;D ;D ;D ;D

i have just phoned the english site told them what i wanted to do and they put me straight through to a lovely helpful lady in paris..
really straight forward , paid with a 15% deposit and the remainder does not have to be paid till 30 day before
so have just myself over £300....
im so excited ....x

justlikeidreamedit

Same experience for me. The operator was a lovely, excellent English speaking lady. She explains it is absolutely fine as long as you don't mind confirmation letter in French and paying in Euros.

Highly recommend booking this way.