Anyone booked on the french site? How was it?

Started by cgayther, April 21, 2015, 11:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgayther

We're booking a family of four in August and the total trip is £100 cheaper if I book through the french site rather than .co.uk.

Has anyone had experience booking through the french rather than the UK site?  I can't change the country from "France" if book so I'm concerned we won't get our tickets if we book this way.  Do they email the tickets or post?

Thanks in advance!

Uragano Tati

Well, I have never booked through the French web site, but I'm Italian and have already booked a couple of times with the Irish offer. It's almost the same!
Well, when I book a offer from another country I prefer calling the Italian call center and ask for the offer I want. Never had problems doing that. I give my address in Italy and on the booking confirmation that I receive by email (it's what you need at the check in, they don't send you real tickets) there is written "Italy - Ireland".
Of course you can book on the web site too. You only have to leave the country as it is, and you can write your real address. Be sure to write well your email because you will receive all the documents there.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Mrsya

Hi. Yes, we have! You can ring disneyland reservation number and ask to book a 'crossover offer'. They know exactly what you mean, ask you for which site and transfer you to book.

It was fuss free and the only differences were that we paid in euros and the confirmation email is in French.

We saved £411!

Disney Matt

Quote from: Mrsya on April 22, 2015, 12:01:41 AM
Hi. Yes, we have! You can ring disneyland reservation number and ask to book a 'crossover offer'. They know exactly what you mean, ask you for which site and transfer you to book.

It was fuss free and the only differences were that we paid in euros and the confirmation email is in French.

We saved £411!

I've never found the other sites to be any good lol! Maybe its just for when I wanna book there's no difference.
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

tillyjenny

Recently booked on the Netherlands site to add some extra days to our Oct trip, really easy to do, you just type in your own address, add UK after your own town but leave the country as whichever site you are using (ie France/Netherlands etc). Make sure you put the correct email as they email you the confirmation letter etc & I found google translate to be my best friend in checking everything by copying/pasting across to it.
We saved £210 compared to the UK site for 2 adults, 2 kids under 7 staying 3 nights hb in oct.

MulanRouge

Quote from: Mrsya on April 22, 2015, 12:01:41 AM

We saved £411!

I did exactly this as well. Phoned and asked for a crossover offer from the French site expecting it to be a real pain but there was no problem at all, not even a pause from the agent on the phone. I think we saved about £400 too because the French site was offering 40% off plus children under 12 free.

This time next week, we'll be on our way  :)

stifle

I've booked online on the French site and it was fine. Nothing is posted, it's all emailed.

ilovemainstxxx

hi there

anyone know if you can book with  deposit only ??
really want to book but carnt afford it all in one go

Disney Matt

Quote from: ilovemainstxxx on April 22, 2015, 07:29:30 PM
hi there

anyone know if you can book with  deposit only ??
really want to book but carnt afford it all in one go

I also wondered this too!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Uragano Tati

When booking online you have to pay all.
When booking calling the call center you can pay only the deposit if you book a offer from your country. When booking an offer from a different country you have to pay all.
Or at least it should be like that.
When I booked our next holiday with the Irish offer the cast member on the phone asked me if I wanted to pay only the deposit or all the amount. I choose all because I believe that the cast member wasn't very expert and he was making a mistake, so I though it would be better to pay all the amount to avoid problems!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

Mrsya

I was offered the option to pay a deposit and remaining money 16 weeks before travel. I think it depends on how early you book. Under 16 weeks and you would have to pay the full amount. I booked over the phone from the uk via the French website.

cgayther

Thanks so much for all the helpful comments, just booked it, all seemed to go through okay and I've received my confirmation email.  Save £100 by booking on the French site. 

I've booked extras like the buffalo bills and breakfasts in cafe mickey; they've been confirmed that I've bought these but not the dates I chose on the booking website - does anyone know if I have to book these direct or will the dates I booked on the website be reserved?

No easy this.....

Mileto

This is how it was in our case the last 2 years: we wanted to use the UK offer, no problem. It was much cheaper than with meal plan included. The lady on the phone told me that, in our case we have to pay in GBP, not EUR, so she has to withdraw right at the time of the reservation to whole amount from the credit card. If I was paying in EUR, the withdrawal would be 1 month before our visit.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Mike_6480

Does anyone know when you can book via the French site for stays in April 2016?

The French site currently only offers stays until 23 March 2016.

Most other sites (UK, German etc) do allow you to book for April 2016 but the French site doesn't yet.

Also is the French site normally cheaper than the German site? The German site is about £200 cheaper than the UK (£1,160 vs £1,340), so I wondered if we should wait to book or if we might as well book via the German site now?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Dimi

Its the same with a polish site - I am polish, but i live in Austria. We always book through polish site because its usually around 400 euros cheaper !!!