How to increase chances of finding characters?

Started by meisbonkaz, April 05, 2015, 12:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meisbonkaz

Hi, I have visited dlp twice, and I have another trip planned for July. Both times I've been before, I've looked out for characters, but I've never actually seen one aside from in parades, shows, etc. is there any way I could increase my chances of seeing a character? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DLPWonders (Banned)

First of all: look at the entertainment programme.
There are quite a few characters mentioned there.

But when it comes to random characters: EMH and just walking around and keeping your eyes open.
You should only look for random characters in the morning. In the afternoon aren't much characters out and about.
To be honest, there aren't that many random characters to begin with.
It's all about luck and keeping your eyes open.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

meisbonkaz

daddyof2

Yeah, during the day (1000-1400) you need to be in the right places really - e.g. Town Square; near Plaza Gardens (Winnie the Pooh and friends); by Hakuna Matata (Jungle Book characters); etc. and be a bit lucky

HildeKitten

I would advise checking the program as well, you can even find it the week of your trip on the DLP website.
Also, if you want character trips of hardcore character hunters, I would advise having a look at charactercentral.net's forum as well :)