odd, random, rare and peculiar merchandise

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, April 10, 2007, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

explain the bulb then?

laurs_disney_love

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"
Quote from: "laurs_disney_love"Mickey mouses button i have to say that is the strangest thing i have ever heard taken from disney well done lol

i just have the usual all the free soap and some tea bags

LOL! well i didnt take it it fell off onto the floor and thats the honnest truth :)

Okay ill take it back its the strangest thing ive ever hear of being salvaged from disney that better lol
Star light star bright first star i see tonight i wish i may i wish i might have the wish i wish tonight.

laurs_disney_love

Speaking of soap i have just seen some of the free disney soap for sale on ebay for 80p is there anything people wont sell ????
Star light star bright first star i see tonight i wish i may i wish i might have the wish i wish tonight.

MAVERICK

I also have the soap i also got the souvenier disneyland and studios plastic mugs.  
     I got a few park maps so i could frame two of them to put on the wall and in the photo album with the photos that we took that year.  
  But the strangest thing i kept was the till reciepts and the backings from the trading pins that i got

moolie19

I have a shoe box from each visit i make to disney, it contains tickets, napkins, soap, sweets basically anything i have picked up while there. I keep them as a reminder of my visits but i guess one day many years to come they will be a snapshot of social and merchandising history.
Well thats what i tell my husband anyway, so i won't have to get rid of any of it.

Dlrpfan

a cast member at DLR told me he started working there in 1974 and collected apesulutly anything from the park and said he at least had 2 rooms full of disneyland storadge stuff as he has no where else too put it
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

crunchie_lover

I have a box for each visit that I keep stuff in I collected like napkins, the plastic spoons etc with the characters on the handle. Bags and stuff like that. I remember being especially proud one year as it was when there was the Winnie the Pooh performance on the castle stage and I picked some of the streamers up at the end to add to my box...strange I know.

Its not really merchandise, but I've also got a purse that my grandma gave me from when she was little. Its leather and has a very faded snow white on it.
July 15th 2007: DLRP.....my second home \":)\"

Angela

I have 7 photobooks from 6 trips already... 7th is coming...  :wink:

Martha86

I have 4 full up photo albums containing 200 pictures each; they're all proper Disneyland Paris ones - you press a button on the inside cover of the oldest one and the fireworks on the front light up!

I have a 'happy anniversary' pin with an old-style Mickey and Minnie hugging on it that I bought from eBay for a special occassion - it looks old but I don't know where or when it's from.

I have a set of cups from DLRP that are heart shaped and fit together but they're small - not espresso small - but the average English tea drinker would need both for a good sized cuppa!

I have all my receipts, tags from the Disney Express service, sugar packets,    
napkins, lots of jam and chocolate spread from breakfasts in the morning, park maps, park hopper tickets, minnie ears, tons of cushions but some are from the Disney store and a necklace from Disneyland in Anaheim with a dangling hollow heart that has a crystal on the side of it and it has a tiny mickey mouse head-shaped crystal hanging next to it.

victoria9bunny

I'm afraid I love packaging and keep all my bags, receipts, tags, etc and I even have EuroDisney poncho's still in their original packaging - hubby cannot get over the fact I just don't like to bin packaging!  Son has a lot of character beanies but I've just started collecting Minnie ones for our baby girl, my favourite is Minnie as Ariel but it just makes me think of our little one when we had her photographed underwater in a mermaid costume  :D